Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I bought 4 and no miles showed. I will certainly be saving the receipts.

I then took one of the $150 giftcards and bought 2 of the $25 Children’s Place giftcards (only 35 of the Miles showed, so they gave me 35 more at customer service) and a $100 Shell giftcard. I then took the Shell giftcard to the gas station and bought $100 worth of food/lcbo giftcards and got another 100 Miles from Shell.

I'm so confused - I thought we couldn't use gift cards to buy other gift cards at Sobeys or at Shell?

I'm so confused - I thought we couldn't use gift cards to buy other gift cards at Sobeys or at Shell?

This is a YMMV situation, some stores straight up it's a NO - smaller ones specifically that get gift cards from food banks since they can't store fresh food - others it seems to depend on the cashier

I bought 4 and no miles showed. I will certainly be saving the receipts.

I then took one of the $150 giftcards and bought 2 of the $25 Children’s Place giftcards (only 35 of the Miles showed, so they gave me 35 more at customer service) and a $100 Shell giftcard. I then took the Shell giftcard to the gas station and bought $100 worth of food/lcbo giftcards and got another 100 Miles from Shell.
What is the shell promo?

Shell promo. Select locations (there are lots of them) until May 6. Get .03 off per litre and get 5AM for every $5 you spend in the store. A number of people are purchasing GC in the store and getting the AM (max 100AM/day)

Go to shell.ca/save for more details/locations

Shell promo. Select locations (there are lots of them) until May 6. Get .03 off per litre and get 5AM for every $5 you spend in the store. A number of people are purchasing GC in the store and getting the AM (max 100AM/day)

Do you know is there's one in the list that is close to the 417 or the Museum of Nature? If you don't, no worry as I will google maps all the Ottawa addresses...

Just checked, 100/transaction 5/day.
If only I knew, would have taken the Sobeys GC and purchase all Shell GC's then gone to Shell and purchased Lotto |GC then purchased the lotto tickets.. Oh well, there is always tomorrow.
But something for someone hopefully.

There’s none in Toronto. Didn’t know about this as I have driven DD back to Western University in London four times since Christmas. I could have gotten some LCBO gift cards. Definitely driving her back in April after exams are over! I am going to take advantage of this! Thanks for sharing!

Wish me luck today everyone... I have to do the mid-month load down Safeway shopping trip... I have a handful of coupons that expire today and I hope to get the MegaMiles on top of them. Apparently it is also spend $100 get 100 in-store today so I am crossing my fingers that all these offers stack together like the fine print says they should!

Your best bet might be the one on St. Laurent and Walkley on your way out of town. It's 5min or so off the highway.

Thank you for the suggestion!

My plan for tomorrow is:

Leave Mtl around 11am. Have kids eat lunch in the car.
Stop to Shell on St. Laurent Blvd: buy GC for end of school year gifts (ideally Amazon or Indigo GCs), Amazon GC for me and a GC for dinner (100-200AM).
Then drive to Rexall also on St. Laurent Blvd for spend 50$ get 100AM (+40AM Mega Miles) x2
Drive 15 min to Nature's Museum and spend the rest of the afternoon there with the kids.
Eat dinner with GC bought at Shell
Go to Sobeys in Orleans, ON and buy 2-4X150$ GC (150AM each), 25$ Children Place GC and target offers for both my AM card and DH's
Drive back home. Arrive around 10pm.

I'm expecting between 1000-1600 AM depending on how much DH agrees to put on GCs at Sobeys (not sure we will do 1200$). Well worth the 4h of driving imo!

Just for clarification: the mega miles coupon adds 150 air miles to the 150 you're already getting with the Sobeys special and you can use the coupon 4 times. I bought 5 cards today and got 1425 AMs. (300x4+150x1+75 for using AM MasterCard)
Are you kidding me,,,,if this is true and you get 20% back in AM this is big. Is this what your receipt said?

Just for clarification: the mega miles coupon adds 150 air miles to the 150 you're already getting with the Sobeys special and you can use the coupon 4 times. I bought 5 cards today and got 1425 AMs. (300x4+150x1+75 for using AM MasterCard)

LOVE, LOVE THAT!!!

Really? My receipt only shows the 150 AM...but it does say PLU31.

Did you get them all on your receipt? I bought 4, was told 4x150ams for Sobey's special, these were on my receipt and the PL code gives 150x4 from airmiles to be received later.

If this is the case I did that purchase transaction all wrong. I'll be happy if I get my 150AM per Sobeys card and 75am Per Urban Fresh card. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it posts next week. I know the Sobeys I shopped at was having problems with the promotion and managed to get it working as I put my last card through.

What time did you make your purchase at @worldwidepayne ?

If this is the case I did that purchase transaction all wrong. I'll be happy if I get my 150AM per Sobeys card and 75am Per Urban Fresh card. I guess I'll have to wait and see how it posts next week. I know the Sobeys I shopped at was having problems with the promotion and managed to get it working as I put my last card through.

I was happy as well with the reg promo, but this might be a case where you could get double. The STB had a limit of 4 cards and Sobeys flyer has a limit of 5. We all know that they have never messed up before.

I have no idea what is correct really, I didn't ask questions, they just offered the info. I asked if they were sure and they said that they were sure that is what they were told but not to hold them to it lol. I received 150am for each and figure if we get more it's a bonus.

There was obviously some system problems this morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!