Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Every time I try to stack AM bonuses at Rexall, it never seems to work. Now, there's the 114 AM WUS $50 until the 27th and Monday there's a 60 AM WUS $60 until the 27th. Would those stack?

Every time I try to stack AM bonuses at Rexall, it never seems to work. Now, there's the 114 AM WUS $50 until the 27th and Monday there's a 60 AM WUS $60 until the 27th. Would those stack?
YES, those offers will stack - one is in the flyer and is good for everyone, no question about that if you meet the $50 threshold you get it. The other is a targeted offer to your card that is NOT dependent on any other offer, if you load it to your card you're then good to go. If for some reason you find that you didn't get that extra 60 AM, get it dealt with before you leave the store. It shows up on the receipts for me now under the others clearly labeled as Load n Go offers and spelled out what the offer actually was. I have once had to pull up the offer on my phone to show the cashier and once she was sure i had bought the product she "made it right" I'll add a picture or a receipt later so you can see what it should look like.

@ottawamom, @TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE, @hdrolfe, @osully if you need ice, freezer space, battery packs or a spot to go, let me know! I'm in Beaverbrook and we still have power.
Thank you. Kiddo and I have ended up at my parents place in Smuth Falls for today. I will go back this evening for the pets and if power isn't back kiddo will stay here. I hope it's back on by Monday! Though an extra day off work might be nice too.

Thank you for the heads up! We are leaving on holiday Friday afternoon. I may just have enough time to get a quick shop in before we leave for the airport.:P

What days are you looking at? If you decide to go ahead with your BMO World Elite offer you will save 15% on flights. If you only have enough for 1 with AM book that one and then book the other flight with the airline directly (only possible glitch is your son is a minor and that may complicate things).

If you can wait to book I found that AM had flights on sale over the American Thanksgiving (Black Friday) event. You might get lucky with the direct flights then.
I went back in the messages and found that Ottawamom was headed out on Holidays on Fri so hopefully she is away and doing fine.
Hugs Mel

Thank you. Kiddo and I have ended up at my parents place in Smuth Falls for today. I will go back this evening for the pets and if power isn't back kiddo will stay here. I hope it's back on by Monday! Though an extra day off work might be nice too.

Glad you are doing ok.
Hugs Mel

@ottawamom, @TFC_UNTIL_I_DIE, @hdrolfe, @osully if you need ice, freezer space, battery packs or a spot to go, let me know! I'm in Beaverbrook and we still have power.

Thanks for the offer! Our power came back on around 3:30 so lucky it wasn't a full 24 hours. Only about 21. Hope everyone still with power out or things to fix are doing ok.

Yes very kind. We actually got power back at 6am and ventured over to the rink for my sons very first week of hockey and the ice was good. My sister in law not so lucky their area in Arlington wood was hammered and the school is damaged so lave left town for a week. Another brother downtown just got power last hour

I can see the senators arena from my upstairs window and last night Stittsville was dark except this lit up arena with the game going on

Power is still out here. It sure is dark in the house! I need more flashlights or lanterns I guess. I'll check some place 8 can get airmiles for them of course. Kiddo stayed at my parents but I came home for the animals. Hopefully it's back on tomorrow but it may be another day. Fridge and freezer remain closed and full so hopefully I don't lose too much!

Power is still out here. It sure is dark in the house! I need more flashlights or lanterns I guess. I'll check some place 8 can get airmiles for them of course. Kiddo stayed at my parents but I came home for the animals. Hopefully it's back on tomorrow but it may be another day. Fridge and freezer remain closed and full so hopefully I don't lose too much!

Thinking about you and hoping the daylight comes soon. Lowes and Rona have airmiles flashlight,,,but grab a few extra wherever you can. I hope the fridge and freezer hold out for you.
Sending caring hugs your way.
Hugs Mel

YUP! LnG offers stack with offers in the flyer and will even show up on your receipt so you can check before you leave the store. I can tell you which Rexall in Guelph is the best to hit up for AM support (and the one to avoid :P ) All 3 are really good at making sure I get what i deserve but the one downtown has a few things that irk me -- low stock, can't stack the $5.00 survey coupon & it's hard to get to!

Nice day for a drive !

Which one should I hit up? It's not that far from Cambridge I suppose... :)

Which one should I hit up? It's not that far from Cambridge I suppose... :)
NOPE, our car came from Cambridge and that's where we went to see Christopher Robin.

The one that's easy(er) to get into is at the corner of Woolwich and Speedvale, in what's called The Roots Plaza (because of the anchor store which WAS Roots Home Hardware)

Rexall store #1028

Ugh so sorry Hon.
Check with homeowners insurance to see if it is covered.
Hugs Mel

I think my deductible is $500 so not worth it sadly. My fridge freezer seems to have stayed frozen. There are a couple things in the bigger one I can cook up that should be ok. Sadly the ground beef and chicken I got Friday is going to get tossed, along with most of fridge :( but out power is back on! And school is closed tomorrow so I'll have time to restock a bit. I will probably wait until the weekend to do a bigger shop and use my "spend 75 get 75 airmiles" at Sobeys.

Oh, our internet is back on as well so kiddo is happy to get back on the xbox. He enjoyed the time at my parent's place, and slept in until 9 this morning! Never does that at home. Oh well! It's nice to have lights and not be sitting in the dark. I guess I've taken electricity for granted.

Just got an email from Staples with a coupon code for bonus miles - spend $75 get 25 AM
Terms & conditions:
**Offer valid from September 24 to October 1, 2018. Get 25 Bonus Miles with eligible purchase(s) with a single net transaction of $75 or more, after discounts and before taxes. AIR MILES®† Card must be presented at time of purchase. Exclusions include, but are not limited to, all taxes, delivery services, assembly services, all gift cards, dining/activities/getaway packages, postage stamps, self-serve copying, charitable donations, electronics levies, environmental and other third-party fees. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or AIR MILES Bonus Offer. Miles will be posted to Account within 120 days of promotion end date. Other exclusions may apply. See Staples associate for details.

You *should* be able to use this both online & instore -- not a terrific return but MUCH better than their standard 1AM for $40

upload_2018-9-24_11-48-20.png

To everyone in the Ottawa area....I hope you all get through this quickly and without too many problems. Each day more and more videos and stories are online and on the news. This morning I saw someone’s video that things where literally flying around in circles...just crazy.

@hdrolfe if all that has happened to you is a loss of groceries I consider that a win. It’s still a pain though.

Last edited:
Sobeys parent company buying Farm Boy for $800M. Says they will be converting some Sobeys stores to Farm Boys (probably outside of Ottawa) to increase Farm Boy market presence.

AM collecting to start at Farm Boy perhaps? Wouldn't mind that! As long as my fave Sobeys isn't changed!

Just got an email from Staples with a coupon code for bonus miles - spend $75 get 25 AM
Terms & conditions:
**Offer valid from September 24 to October 1, 2018. Get 25 Bonus Miles with eligible purchase(s) with a single net transaction of $75 or more, after discounts and before taxes. AIR MILES®† Card must be presented at time of purchase. Exclusions include, but are not limited to, all taxes, delivery services, assembly services, all gift cards, dining/activities/getaway packages, postage stamps, self-serve copying, charitable donations, electronics levies, environmental and other third-party fees. Offer cannot be combined with any other coupon or AIR MILES Bonus Offer. Miles will be posted to Account within 120 days of promotion end date. Other exclusions may apply. See Staples associate for details.

You *should* be able to use this both online & instore -- not a terrific return but MUCH better than their standard 1AM for $40
View attachment 353650
Just once I'd like it if the Staples staff said "tomorrow we are have a special airmiles deal*,,I bought ink yesterday which is now opened and in my printer so no chance of taking it back. Dang.

Hugs Mel

Too everyone in the Ottawa area....I hope you all get through this quickly and without too many problems. Each day more and more videos and stories are online and on the news. This morning I saw someone’s video that things where literally flying around in circles...just crazy.

@hdrolfe if all that has happened to you is a loss of groceries I consider that a win. It’s still a pain though.

Yup, a few dark nights, an upset kid, and some lost groceries but that's it for us. I am so very glad we don't live on Craig Henry any more, we lived right where the tornado blew through that area a couple years ago. I managed to get to Metro for a few groceries, they were fairly well stocked though low on milk, and a few other things. But we'll be fine for a few days. I am very glad my parents live so close now and we were able to get there for kiddo's sake. It was very scary to watch the skies Friday night at dinner time though. I am glad we ate early, and I was ready to grab kid and dog and run for the basement. At least we ate before the power went out, and people have been so amazing throughout. Very glad the weather wasn't 40 above, or 40 below :) I'm a little sad over the lost groceries but it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Of course I am also glad I did Sobeys Friday and got my bonus airmiles before the power outage. Though those are some of the groceries I had to toss.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter