Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Third week in a row I have spend $25 get 50 AM at rexall. They seem to have realized I don't spend that much at a time. May stop by this week, summer is coming and I need some summer-ish supplies.

So not happy to be back at work after a quiet March break. I need another vacation.

Third week in a row I have spend $25 get 50 AM at rexall. They seem to have realized I don't spend that much at a time. May stop by this week, summer is coming and I need some summer-ish supplies.

So not happy to be back at work after a quiet March break. I need another vacation.
I would rather have the Spend $25 get 50 AM than my Spend $50 get 60 AM. Rexall’s offers have been disappointing lately. Saving the bullets for Mega Miles Offer. Happy Monday!

March Break is just starting here in Halifax.

My sister's family is at Cabana Bay for the week and likely in line for Forbidden Journey as I type. *FOMO*
Sigh. We stayed at Cabana Bay for March Break one year. My husband and both my kids have their birthdays the same week in March ( ds turned 15 today !), which is usally the week of March Break. Three years ago we decided a Universal trip would be our family birthday celebration. It was amazing !
This year we moved and unpacked . Not as fun.

I would rather have the Spend $25 get 50 AM than my Spend $50 get 60 AM. Rexall’s offers have been disappointing lately. Saving the bullets for Mega Miles Offer. Happy Monday!

I would LOVE either of those offers! Mine is spend $60 get 60 on BOTH cards and I was really hoping for an email coupon to combine with that so i could get a decent return this week. I had briefly thought that Thursday would bring a big double offer but since MM starts that day I doubt it :( I have a very long list of things i really need to pick up and shouldn't put off much longer (my Ferritin level has dropped to half of what is was in December and THAT was low which means back on Supplements, sigh) I'm wondering if i should jump over to the PC thread to see if i could make some sense out of that? Maybe someone will take pity on the Duck over there and help her figure it out :rolleyes1

Sigh. We stayed at Cabana Bay for March Break one year. My husband and both my kids have their birthdays the same week in March ( ds turned 15 today !), which is usally the week of March Break. Three years ago we decided a Universal trip would be our family birthday celebration. It was amazing !

Pretty sure I could just live at Cabana Bay...

Small world, it's my DS's birthday today also. He's 22.

I stayed at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites in Montego Bay...loved it! This is the middle of three resorts (Beach, Suites, Grand) and a smaller resort (400-ish rooms). It's only 20 minutes from the airport as well.

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso in the Riviera Maya a couple of years ago, and we're going back this November for a week. It's an adults only resort, but there are 5 resorts on the 'compound'. If you have enough airmiles, I'd highly recommend!

At the Shell gas station today,,,Freshii
41483_Shell_Freshii_Hero_DTP.jpg

Hugs
Mel

Remember Sobey's "we missed you" e-mail offer? My husband's was a Spend $75 get 50 bonus air miles by March 21 up to 4 times.

We've only done it twice.

If I have the dates correct, this Thursday March 21st is when we can purchase the $150 Sobey's gift cards. Do you think those will count towards the Spend $75+ ?? That would be great.

We stayed at the Iberostar Grand Paraiso in the Riviera Maya a couple of years ago, and we're going back this November for a week. It's an adults only resort, but there are 5 resorts on the 'compound'. If you have enough airmiles, I'd highly recommend!
Are you aware of the travel advisor on that complex?

There was a sexual assault that management tried to cover up and also they were involved in the tainted alcohol situation.

I asked for a quote on 4 adult tickets to MNSSHP ($79 plus tax each) and just received the quote. 4,750 bonus air miles.

Airmiles math, that's actually not too bad a deal. (84.14*4*1.35 (conversion to Cdn)=$454. 4750AM/95*10=$500. A bit of a premium but you're not out the cash.

Edit to add 84.14 is price after tax from Disney website for a $79 party.

Yes, I'm thinking it's not bad either. Those tickets will cost $336.57 US with taxes. That converts to $458.98 today (through RB's website). So $41 extra through air miles, but as you said - no cash OOP.

I sent them a request for a quote on 4 adult 1-day AK tickets for Sunday, Sept 1. Those will cost $532.52 US with taxes ($726.20 CAN). I'm curious how many air miles those would cost.

I can buy 1 set with a US Funds DGC I have saved and the other through Air Miles. That is assuming the 4 Universal Studio and Blue Man Group tickets don't go through the roof when they are brought back. I'm waiting for the 3 day 3 park-to-park ticket to come back. I don't want to purchase (using cash, gift cards or Air Miles) any tickets until the Universal Studio tickets are brought back first.

Crossing my fingers!

Are you aware of the travel advisor on that complex?

There was a sexual assault that management tried to cover up and also they were involved in the tainted alcohol situation.

I didn't know about the apparent assault until after our trip (the post was written in 2010), and the tainted alcohol claim (2017) was after our trip. Neither were at the Grand. Speaking only from my own experience, not once did I feel unsafe, nor was I over served alcohol (hubby doesn't drink).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!