Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ahhhh sons I need milk here.....and fresh milk not some that expired yesterday!
Hmmmm.... this having the sons buy the groceries may turn out to be a learning curve for me (mom).

*Quick trip to Rexall--spend $40.00(yes I bought milk).
got 60 bonus airmiles and a Mega Miles coupon book.
Hugs
Mel

When you posted that my mind immediately went back to the 1970's. Had to look this up to remember it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freshie_(drink_mix) or this http://neatocoolville.blogspot.com/2007/03/freshie-instant-drink-mix-packet.html

My how times have changed.

Oh my as kids we drank pitchers full of that stuff,,then we figured out how to make popsicles with it.Oh the sugar in it was so bad for you.
freshie.jpg

Then we started drinking this stuff....yuck
kool_aid.jpg

Kool-Aid
But hey you were *Kool* if you drank it.
I actually use Kool Aid to make homemade playdough--great color and scents.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
I asked for a quote on 4 adult tickets to MNSSHP ($79 plus tax each) and just received the quote. 4,750 bonus air miles.

I am all Disney Parks out.
BUT if there was one special event that I would do it would be M.N.S.S.H.P.,,,
I think the price is reasonable.
Hugs
Mel

Just an add on here I do NOT like having to give park specific dates to Disney....kind of takes the spontaneity out of Disney fun.

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Quick question...
I was at Rexall today and had to return my order twice since the head to toe didn’t go through twice. Tried a different cosmetic the second time since I realized deodorant wasn’t on the list. When you make a return at Rexall, do your airmiles get taken away as well? Also my head to toe never posted, my load and go was gone after the first purchase. Luckily my coupon went through but I left defeated as a line was forming behind me.

I was at Rexall today and had to return my order twice since the head to toe didn’t go through twice. Tried a different cosmetic the second time since I realized deodorant wasn’t on the list. When you make a return at Rexall, do your airmiles get taken away as well? Also my head to toe never posted, my load and go was gone after the first purchase. Luckily my coupon went through but I left defeated as a line was forming behind me.
I had to have them reverse a whole order on me about a year ago. They priced something wrong and they didn't know how to fix it without starting over. I did receive the AM's twice, once for each time the order rang through. The cashier told me that might happen. Well, happy birthday to me, lol.

Yes, I'm thinking it's not bad either. Those tickets will cost $336.57 US with taxes. That converts to $458.98 today (through RB's website). So $41 extra through air miles, but as you said - no cash OOP.

I sent them a request for a quote on 4 adult 1-day AK tickets for Sunday, Sept 1. Those will cost $532.52 US with taxes ($726.20 CAN). I'm curious how many air miles those would cost.

I can buy 1 set with a US Funds DGC I have saved and the other through Air Miles. That is assuming the 4 Universal Studio and Blue Man Group tickets don't go through the roof when they are brought back. I'm waiting for the 3 day 3 park-to-park ticket to come back. I don't want to purchase (using cash, gift cards or Air Miles) any tickets until the Universal Studio tickets are brought back first.

Crossing my fingers!

Just thought of what the difference is. Airmiles charges $15 on each airline ticket you book maybe its the same with park tickets they purchase on your behalf.

Hi Hon
I am so sorry this happened to you,,,I am developing a thick skin to worrying about holding up lines and am getting better at having them call a manager.
Even the managers do NOT know what is covered half the time in this promo.
The head to Toe event has messed me up quite a few times to the point I no longer will do this promotion.
I mean seriously how can deodorant not be included in a Head To Toe event--just doesn't make sense.
Hugs to you
Mel

Oh the stress involved with a Rexall shopping trip when they have their infamous Head-to-Toe event, they NEVER work properly!

However, you will love the outcome -- your Airmiles will NOT be clawed back so you will get them all from the first transaction AND the second one! If you did purchase enough of the correct products to complete the offer you can always file it away and claim the miles in 120 days :crazy2:

I had meant to make a post about how this promo works (or doesn't) but neglected to actually do it, I'm sorry i wasn't able to help you avoid the hassles. BTW, it looks like you're a DIS-newbie so ... :welcome:

So it looks like I have finished both my Sobeys shop 4 times and my swipe 15 times. Unbeknownst to me my sister sometimes uses my card when she gets gas at Shell. Silly her thought I got 3 cents off per litre all the time. Ha it was only on the weekends but bonus points for me. She doesn't get to cash in the points though - I only let her do that when I need to shop at Metro for the bonus miles and the last time she bought our Mother flowers for her birthday. Guess she will have to do that for me for Mega Miles. She can treat our Mother to flowers again for spring. She does have her own card to use at Shell but it doesn't scan so she has to input the numbers manually and my card is easier to use. But I will use her card at Sobeys and earn her bonus points buying the gift cards.

Remember Sobey's "we missed you" e-mail offer? My husband's was a Spend $75 get 50 bonus air miles by March 21 up to 4 times.

We've only done it twice.

If I have the dates correct, this Thursday March 21st is when we can purchase the $150 Sobey's gift cards. Do you think those will count towards the Spend $75+ ?? That would be great.

Unfortunately not. Per terms and conditions from the email GC's are excluded.

* Valid at participating Sobeys locations in Ontario. Offer must be activated before time of purchase to the AIR MILES Card swiped in the transaction. Minimum spend must be spent in a single transaction and excludes taxes, delivery charges, bill payments, service fees, bus tickets/passes, rental fees, event tickets, gift cards, prepaid cards, postal products and services, prescriptions, pharmacy services, tobacco products, deposits, environmental charges, lottery, and any other goods and services which are non-discountable or excluded by law. Please allow up to 120 days after the offer end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your Collector Account. Limit one offer per Collector Number.
®TM Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by LoyaltyOne, Co. and Sobeys Capital Incorporated.

I didn't know about the apparent assault until after our trip (the post was written in 2010), and the tainted alcohol claim (2017) was after our trip. Neither were at the Grand. Speaking only from my own experience, not once did I feel unsafe, nor was I over served alcohol (hubby doesn't drink).
There is something much more recent than that. The tour operators were supposed to be informing people. Sales were suspended for a while. I might have the wrong incidents but the advisory applies to the entire complex.

So, in the ongoing saga of my oven i finally convince hubby that the darned thing just needs to be replaced after he endured a week of store bought bread & suddenly remembered how sick it makes him (side bonus, need to buy more Imodium at Rexall today TMI :P ) I didn't want to get stuck with another lemon this time around so I spent a ton of time researching, watching YouTube videos, visiting stores (gawd, there are some really pushy salespeople out there who don't take no very well :headache:) I finally settled on the make and 2 models to choose from and created an Excel Workbook to show him since he likes to see it in print, not listen to my unstructured ramblings. Finally settled on getting it from either the Bay, Rona or Lowes (cause AM am i right??!?!) and discovered THIS GEM!
4f-appliance_header_03.jpg

Ordered it this morning, it could be here as soon as tomorrow if the truck has room, they'll take the old dead one away and I'll snag over 700 AM

Last edited:
Hey we just bought a fridge at Lowe’s last night for the same promo, we have needed a new on for a long time and finally pulled the trigger! Love the 10x AM!
We're in the same boat with the fridge but it will have to wait a couple of years now, didn't expect to need to drop a chunk of change on the stove just weeks after we put the deposit on our trip to Mexico :crazy2:

We're in the same boat with the fridge but it will have to wait a couple of years now, didn't expect to need to drop a chunk of change on the stove just weeks after we put the deposit on our trip to Mexico :crazy2:

Ugh yeah it sucks when you don’t plan for it :( we are using the money we have loaned to the government interest free for the last year (I.e. our tax returns) for our lovely new fridge

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter