Airmiles Armchair Chatter

There is something much more recent than that. The tour operators were supposed to be informing people. Sales were suspended for a while. I might have the wrong incidents but the advisory applies to the entire complex.

I've searched and haven't found anything recent. If you find something, please let me know.

ETA - I just checked Westjet Vacations, and the entire Iberostar complex is listed, so what ever the issue may have been, it seems to be resolved.

If anyone sees other Universal Studios Orlando park tickets come back, please let me know! For awhile now they only have the Buy 2 days get 2 days free (which ends late May) and 1 day park-to-park tickets. I've been waiting and waiting for the 3 day 3 park-to-park tickets to come back. I realize AM probably wants to get rid of the B2G2F promo tickets but come on... those are totally useless for anyone going in June or later!!! So frustrating.

If anyone sees other Universal Studios Orlando park tickets come back, please let me know! For awhile now they only have the Buy 2 days get 2 days free (which ends late May) and 1 day park-to-park tickets. I've been waiting and waiting for the 3 day 3 park-to-park tickets to come back. I realize AM probably wants to get rid of the B2G2F promo tickets but come on... those are totally useless for anyone going in June or later!!! So frustrating.

Didn't Universal just come out with a new deal ticket? Buy 2 get 3 or something? I got an email, good until sometime in December with July as blackout dates I think. You are right though, Airmiles is probably trying to get rid of their stock. Hopefully they come out with something else soon!

I sent them a request for a quote on 4 adult 1-day AK tickets for Sunday, Sept 1. Those will cost $532.52 US with taxes ($726.20 CAN). I'm curious how many air miles those would cost.

I can buy 1 set with a US Funds DGC I have saved and the other through Air Miles. That is assuming the 4 Universal Studio and Blue Man Group tickets don't go through the roof when they are brought back. I'm waiting for the 3 day 3 park-to-park ticket to come back. I don't want to purchase (using cash, gift cards or Air Miles) any tickets until the Universal Studio tickets are brought back first.

Crossing my fingers!

Quote received! (Air Miles is quick) 7,525 miles for those 4 adult 1-day AK tickets. That's what? $792 in air miles versus $726 cash OOP. $66 extra thru AM but no cash OOP.

At least I have figures. Granted these quotes are only good for 2 weeks but it gives me a rough idea. I can't order either the MNSSHP or AK tickets until I finally get my Universal tickets first.

Didn't Universal just come out with a new deal ticket? Buy 2 get 3 or something? I got an email, good until sometime in December with July as blackout dates I think. You are right though, Airmiles is probably trying to get rid of their stock. Hopefully they come out with something else soon!

They did? Oh my gosh, Universal did! I didn't get an e-mail but on Universal's website they have a "Buy 2 Days get 3 Days free" offer! Purchase by June 12th and use by Dec 20th.

Ohhh Universal has different ticket options depending on if you want PTP tickets or not, 2 parks or 3 parks. Hopefully Air Miles will add these soon!

Thank you!!

I have only ever seen PTP options on air miles website.

My parents just came back and bought tickets - 2 days, 1 park per day (cheaper option than PTP), get 2 days free.

Just counted up and I've had 16 of my swipes post to my account! Still a bunch more sitting on my desk waiting to move from the not-yet-posted pile to the posted because i didn't want to mess that promo up before i tackle Mega Miles!

My new stove will be here on Friday, could have been today but the order somehow got misplaced within the store. I'm ok with that because I NEED to go to Rexall today and i would be too busy playing with my new toy to want to leave the kitchen :P

I'll be updating the flyer links at some point today and sticking some important information in the MM thread about how to tackle some of the offers.

So Sobeys must like me or think they miss me (which they don't because I shop there every week). I used to get offers of spend $125 get 30 miles or spend $100 get 25 miles and the last 2 offers were spend $100 get 50 miles and today I checked and my offer for this week is spend $100 get 75 miles. Let's go shopping. So I can buy the gift card on Thursday for Mega miles, then use it to go shopping on Friday for my regular shop.

My new stove will be here on Friday, could have been today but the order somehow got misplaced within the store. I'm ok with that because I NEED to go to Rexall today and i would be too busy playing with my new toy to want to leave the kitchen :P

I know I would want to be using that new toy too :rolleyes1 It's amazing what is exciting when your an adult!!!! Just like some days adulting is hard o_O and I would just like to go into my little bubble and NOT come out.
Hopefully the rest of your swipes post soon. Lord knows as soon as the new promo begins, we will want to get that sucker done as fast as we can :tilt: :teeth:

Ok little OT from the MM talk.
I have a couple of 5 day exchange tickets, no expiry for 3-9yr olds. Picked them up a few years ago when the 25%discount on AM was on.
I now know that I can not use one of them. My youngest is 8 and I sadly dont see us going twice before she turns 10.
I have a friend who is heading down in Oct 2019. I can discount her ticket and sell it to her for $400us. Or if I keep it and just pay the difference for an adult ticket when the time comes. Will I have to pay the full difference of what I "paid" what they charged AM for, or just the going rate of the difference between and child and adult? If the last one then its better if I hold onto it.

Have now tried twice to do the shell hotdog bonus. Both times different locations, no dogs, just sandwiches that cost 5bucks on their own,,no thanks.

Out of curiosity did those locations just not sell hot dogs or refused to do the bonus with the hot dogs?

My husband & I went back on the weekend to get 3 more of these and the griller was broken. (wry grin) I forgot about this until reading your post just now and I'm debating checking it again this afternoon.

I have a couple of 5 day exchange tickets, no expiry for 3-9yr olds. Picked them up a few years ago when the 25%discount on AM was on.
I now know that I can not use one of them. My youngest is 8 and I sadly dont see us going twice before she turns 10.
I have a friend who is heading down in Oct 2019. I can discount her ticket and sell it to her for $400us. Or if I keep it and just pay the difference for an adult ticket when the time comes. Will I have to pay the full difference of what I "paid" what they charged AM for, or just the going rate of the difference between and child and adult? If the last one then its better if I hold onto it.
EXCELLENT question and I *believe* the answer is that Disney doesn't penalize a child for aging out of a ticket category and allows you to pay only the difference between child and adult. Here's the info provided by the Guru of all things related to ticket media on the Dis boards Robo I've highlighted and underlined the section about unused tickets and asked in the thread for you to see if he has any thoughts about how the discount might be handled ...

"Aging Out" of a category
Disney does not penalize children for growing older.
If you have a partially-used child's ticket, and the child is now 10 or older, go to any ticket booth or Guest Relations (along with the child) and the CM will exchange the child's ticket for an adult ticket with the same remaining entitlements at no charge.

The child for which this is being done must be present at the ticket window when the "upgrade" is being done.
The age difference must be "reasonable."
For example, if the child appears to still be a pre-teen, and the ticket is two or more years old they should be no problem.
However, if the child appears to be 16 and the ticket is only a year old this "upgrade" will not be done.
This applies whether the ticket is MYW or pre-MYW.
However, if the ticket has never been used,
the ticket may only be upgraded to a ticket with at least the same entitlements
and the guest must pay the difference.

There is no need to carry a birth certificate to try to prove a child's age.
Disney does not ask for "proof" of a child's age.
Disney just asks that a parent be honest about a child's age.

AND since Robo must sit at a computer more than i do, there is already a response. Not what you might have hoped to hear but you can always hope that you get a CM who's willing to help you out without the crazy upgrade cost!

If you are asking about PARTIALLY-USED non-expiring kids tickets...
upgrading the remaining assets to "adult," is done at no charge.

If you are asking about NEW, NEVER-USED kids tickets...
upgrading them to current "adult," is done, generally" at the difference between the "Disney price" at the time of purchase
and the current price for a similar ticket.

Out of curiosity did those locations just not sell hot dogs or refused to do the bonus with the hot dogs?

My husband & I went back on the weekend to get 3 more of these and the griller was broken. (wry grin) I forgot about this until reading your post just now and I'm debating checking it again this afternoon.
2 had nothing on them, and then I just checked out the third again that said they dont do it when they are solo on weekend. Well they just had sausage which was the most expensive thing they had, they said they ran out of dogs, at 1230 in the afternoon. Walked out, done with this one.

I know I would want to be using that new toy too :rolleyes1 It's amazing what is exciting when your an adult!!!! Just like some days adulting is hard o_O and I would just like to go into my little bubble and NOT come out.
Hopefully the rest of your swipes post soon. Lord knows as soon as the new promo begins, we will want to get that sucker done as fast as we can :tilt: :teeth:

At the moment all of my 15 swipes have posted so I'm happy! And adulting ... yeah
upload_2019-3-20_13-26-9.jpeg

AND since Robo must sit at a computer more than i do, there is already a response. Not what you might have hoped to hear but you can always hope that you get a CM who's willing to help you out without the crazy upgrade cost!

If you are asking about PARTIALLY-USED non-expiring kids tickets...
upgrading the remaining assets to "adult," is done at no charge.

If you are asking about NEW, NEVER-USED kids tickets...
upgrading them to current "adult," is done, generally" at the difference between the "Disney price" at the time of purchase

and the current price for a similar ticket.

So this is what I thought, I might get better bang for my buck selling here, then trying in 2 yrs when she ages out.

I just realized it's two weeks until my son's 15th birthday. That sure crept up on me. OMG - my kids are turning 20 and 15 this year! :eek:

He wants to see a movie at Cineplex and eat pizza at Boston Pizza. I have 6 free regular movies thanks to my Scene points.

I went back to Shell this evening. They didn't have any hot dogs, which was all right as I wasn't going to eat them anyways. But I brought the pringles & coke to the counter and asked him to ring me up the hot dog meal deal, regardless of the fact I wasn't taking home any hot dogs. No problem. I received 50 bonus air miles on my card and 50 on my husband's. I figure if I'm going to purchase movie snacks anyways I may as well get air miles on them. I'll go to Shell a few more times and stock away the mini pringles cans & mini coke bottles for the kids to eat at the movies.

By the way, the coke bottles sure are mini! Cute, but mini - 250 ml

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter