Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

The same thing happened to me. I purchased at Sobeys and Urban Fresh on 3 different AM cards. All Urban Fresh posted and two of the three AM cards posted the Sobeys purchases. These were all done one after the other. No idea what happened but I'm not happy. I hate waiting.
Me too. I worry because I bought 1 on the Thursday and 1 on the Friday and neither have posted. Oh well we will wait impatiently and see. Fingers drumming on desk.

Mini-poll here for the missing gift cards miles. Let's see who bought what and how it printed on your receipt and if/when it posts to your account

ME: Urban Fresh Thursday -- no miles on receipt, coupon code only & nothing posted to account yet <sigh>

Me - I bought 1 gift card on Thursday promo #22 shown twice on receipt and nothing posted yet. 1 bought another one on Friday promo code#22 on receipt and nothing yet. My sister bought one gift card on Thursday promo code 22 on receipt and she go her air miles posted today
Edited to add all my purchases were at Sobey's

Last edited:
Mini-poll here for the missing gift cards miles. Let's see who bought what and how it printed on your receipt and if/when it posts to your account

I purchased mine on Friday 22nd - nothing has posted.
My husband's and daughter's were not purchased until Monday 25th so I do not expect them to show up until next week.
All of them show the promo and the 150 miles on the receipts.

Last edited:

ME: Urban Fresh Thursday -- no miles on receipt, coupon code only & nothing posted to account yet <sigh>

Bought two $75 Sobeys GCs from Urban Fresh on March 21. AMs are posted today with date March 23. No AM on receipt but the words “Mega Miles Spring 2019” are on the receipt.

Sobeys - 4 different AM cards March 21 - 3 AM cards posted
Urban Fresh - 4 different AM cards March 21 - 4 cards posted.

Sobeys purchases late morning, Urban Fresh 8 pm ish. All purchases done within minutes of each other at same cash with same cashier, on same CC. Go figure. It was my card that didn't post and I purchased 2x$150GC, so I want those miles.

All cards showed the appropriate # of AM and had Mega Miles Spring 2019 on them. Also the appropriate promo #. 22 or 30 depending on store.

ME: Urban Fresh Thursday (March 21): 4 cards- no miles on receipt, promo code #30 on all receipts. No airmiles posted to any of the accounts

Sobeys Thursday (March 21): 2 cards - 150 miles show on each receipt, promo code #22 on each receipt. Airmiles posted to both accounts yesterday.

Me:
Bought Two Sobeys Gift cards March 23
Airmiles posted March 27th.

Bought Two Sobeys Gift Cards March 25
Airmiles posted: waiting for airmiles to post.

Hugs
Mel

I purchased 5 of the Sobey's gift cards on March 21.

Yesterday there was nothing.

This morning I just received my 1 base + 5 bonus miles from groceries purchased the same day (although they posted with March 23rd date).

So maybe I'll get the 750 miles later today.

I bought my gift card on March 22 from Sobeys, and they got the gift card from the cash drawer (Blue Jays card) even though I had a regular gift card in hand. The receipt says Mega Miles Spring 2019 150 miles. Miles posted today.

I purchased 5 of the Sobey's gift cards on March 21.

Yesterday there was nothing.

This morning I just received my 1 base + 5 bonus miles from groceries purchased the same day (although they posted with March 23rd date).

So maybe I'll get the 750 miles later today.

Did you do your 5 cards in one transaction? I'm beginning to wonder if that might be part of the issue. Almost all my other purchases were for single cards/AM collector account. Exception was Urban Fresh where I did 2 GC on my Collector account. The one transaction that hasn't (yet) posted for me is 2GC at Sobeys. Receipt looks fine (all the right stuff is there). ????? :sad1:

Did you do your 5 cards in one transaction? I'm beginning to wonder if that might be part of the issue. Almost all my other purchases were for single cards/AM collector account. Exception was Urban Fresh where I did 2 GC on my Collector account. The one transaction that hasn't (yet) posted for me is 2GC at Sobeys. Receipt looks fine (all the right stuff is there). ????? :sad1:

For my account and my husband's I made sure each gift card was purchased and paid for under it's own transacation.

For my daughter's account I had a different lady who said she had been putting them all in one transaction for other people and it worked. She assured me if it didn't show on the receipt, she would manually credit the miles so I said all right. The promo did show up on the receipt as well as the 750 miles.

I file this under the "i knew better" category and am trying to stop kicking myself in the butt over it. I HATE attempting any of these promos within the first 24 hours and most definitely prefer to give the Sobey's gift card offers at least 12 hours to get the kinks out because they rarely work seamlessly. I KNOW i should have waited till after lunch to try and get my gift card but had very little choice. The only option was to wait till the next day and go to a Sobey's but i didn't want to fork over twice as much cash. I have my receipt with the proper code on it and a Facebook chat to back my claim up when the time comes.

As to why some worked and others didn't, even when the transactions were within minutes or each other i have no idea unless you had the misfortune of catching the system when it was updating. A couple of weeks ago during the Netflix promo at Metro we were using both cards (needed a few more cash miles on the secondary card and this would be easy and post before the promo ends), scanned the card and all seemed fine, tapped my credit card and the message Airmiles not available popped up. I didn't bat an eye because i thought to myself i don't want to use cash miles anyway but got annoyed to see no miles on the receipt. Finished up the full order and again, no miles printed (and we had expected about 50 for targeted and shelf offers) but the cashier told us to go to customer service to get rainchecks for the miles (she knows we only come in once a week). By the time we walked over the 10 feet and she met us there somehow the system had righted itself and she was able to add the miles manually. The cashier at the customer service desk was adamant that if we scanned our card they would post to our account no problem. Fast forward to yesterday and the only miles that posted are the ones we had added manually meaning for about 10 minutes the POS at Metro wasn't talking to Airmiles. I hoping this isn't the case with my stupid Urban Fresh miles because i didn't even think to ask for them to be credited at the time!

I file this under the "i knew better" category and am trying to stop kicking myself in the butt over it. I HATE attempting any of these promos within the first 24 hours and most definitely prefer to give the Sobey's gift card offers at least 12 hours to get the kinks out because they rarely work seamlessly. I KNOW i should have waited till after lunch to try and get my gift card but had very little choice. The only option was to wait till the next day and go to a Sobey's but i didn't want to fork over twice as much cash. I have my receipt with the proper code on it and a Facebook chat to back my claim up when the time comes.

As to why some worked and others didn't, even when the transactions were within minutes or each other i have no idea unless you had the misfortune of catching the system when it was updating. A couple of weeks ago during the Netflix promo at Metro we were using both cards (needed a few more cash miles on the secondary card and this would be easy and post before the promo ends), scanned the card and all seemed fine, tapped my credit card and the message Airmiles not available popped up. I didn't bat an eye because i thought to myself i don't want to use cash miles anyway but got annoyed to see no miles on the receipt. Finished up the full order and again, no miles printed (and we had expected about 50 for targeted and shelf offers) but the cashier told us to go to customer service to get rainchecks for the miles (she knows we only come in once a week). By the time we walked over the 10 feet and she met us there somehow the system had righted itself and she was able to add the miles manually. The cashier at the customer service desk was adamant that if we scanned our card they would post to our account no problem. Fast forward to yesterday and the only miles that posted are the ones we had added manually meaning for about 10 minutes the POS at Metro wasn't talking to Airmiles. I hoping this isn't the case with my stupid Urban Fresh miles because i didn't even think to ask for them to be credited at the time!
Well mine were 2 days apart so don't know why they didn't post. Yes I did 1 sobeys card on the first day but it was after 4:00 and my sister who did hers right after mine had her miles post already. Maybe they are punishing some of us for being onyx whereas my sister is only gold. Mine are showing on the receipt so I guess I will wait for next week and see what posts. I bought another gift card yesterday so I know that one won't post until next week. Fingers crossed that we all get our earned miles without a fight.

Ugh, I just got back from Mexico and I have almost zero chance of getting the big bonus. The offers out here in BC are thin and I can see getting 3, maybe 4.

I've completed 4 - just need to finish putting about $140 more on my BMO Mastercard which I will do at Shell and Safeway easily. So I could help out if anyone wants me to use their airmiles to get them the promo on a shell fill up or Safeway coupon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter