Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

From what I saw of the sponsors I should be able to do 5, I guess kiddo will be getting some new clothes at Children's Place, even though I already stocked up on summer stuff for him, maybe some sandals or something :)

What do you mean by "You stopped the converting of miles..."? Did you already have that done? If so, you can't opt out and then re-opt in again for it to count as an offer.

Yes, that's what I meant. I was able to go into my HBC account and tell it to stop converting to air miles. It may not work but I have read that some people were able to use it again a second time. I figure it's worth a short. I just will not count it as one of my 5 shops. Just as a back-up.

Saw this posted on FB. Can't be read mostly but interesting non the less.
Eta- posted as Newfoundland offers so take with a grain of salt.

Can you attach the image here? I'm out and can't convince my phone to do that :confused3

I'm slowly working away at updating the first few posts, keep an eye on them for easy access to information when The Duck is busy.

I'm going to be waiting until i can actually see a booklet AND the coupons online before i switch either account to cash because the one i can see for Rexall is either use cash miles or spend $40. That is easier for me to do and since we only need to do 5 offers this time around I should be able to get it done!!!

Last edited:
I'm slowly working away at updating the first few posts, keep an eye on them for easy access to information when The Duck is busy.

I'm going to be waiting until i can actually see a booklet AND the coupons online before i switch either account to cash because the one i can see for Rexall is either use cash or spend $40. That is easier for me to do and since we only need to do 5 offers this time around I should be able to get it done!!!

I'm waiting to switch if I need to. Just need to see a clear Sobeys and/or Metro. I can do 4 others (rexall, shell, children's place & global pet foods) but would prefer Sobeys and Metro if possible. I guess we'll see :) I do need some miles built back up since I spent them all on a flight! Plus I'm only half way to Onyx.

So, looks like the normal Sobeys gift card, Shell gas, Rexall purchase, Global Pets, AirMilesShops, Urban Fresh gift card. Should be pretty easy to do without using any cash miles. Don't see any big surprises in the coupons.

Last edited:
I agree, if by all accounts, should be able to knock them off in the first couple of days. Buy the GC then use them to buy other GC at the locations needed. Now I know I can do this at my local Sobeys, but I need to put milk and maybe a few other items on then get a shell GC and anything else.
Good luck all, 6 days and counting

Does anyone have 2 airm
I agree, if by all accounts, should be able to knock them off in the first couple of days. Buy the GC then use them to buy other GC at the locations needed. Now I know I can do this at my local Sobeys, but I need to put milk and maybe a few other items on then get a shell GC and anything else.
Sorry. New to all this. Can we get AM when we buy gift cards? I was told that I can't. That was at Rexall so maybe just that store doesn't do it? As a newbie at this, can someone please explain?
Thanks .

Does anyone have 2 airm

Sorry. New to all this. Can we get AM when we buy gift cards? I was told that I can't. That was at Rexall so maybe just that store doesn't do it? As a newbie at this, can someone please explain?
Thanks .
First things, first :welcome: to this amazing group of Airmiles hunters! Don't be afraid to ask your questions, someone will be quick to answer. If you're looking for some immediate response you could check the first page of this thread in case I've put the info there and if you're not already following along with the weekly Airmiles Alert thread you might find that useful as well.

Regarding earning Airmiles for gift cards there are Three ways this is possible

1. You earn Airmiles on EVERYTHING you buy in store at Shell, including gift cards (only exception is SHELL gift cards)
  2. Occasionally the Sobey's chain has specific promos for buying their own gift cards and there appear to be a couple of coupons in the Ontario booklet (can't answer about other areas of the country yet) that will give you miles for buying gift cards
  3. Watch flyers carefully for promos on specific cards at other stores as well, this week you can buy Netflix or Sephora Gift cards at Metro and get 25 AM for $25 or 50 AM for $50. Rexall has also done this in the past
You'll get a head's up on the gift card promos in the weekly thread, this one will more than likely only deal with the ones attached to the Mega Miles Promo.

NOW, what Mort was referring to was the fact that he will first buy a gift card using one of these coupons at Sobey's and earn the miles. He will then use that gift card to buy other gift cards (this requires buying other items and adding the cards to the order and some stores will NOT allow this at all, so ask first) that he can then use the Shell gift card along with another coupon to get things he needs there! Get the circle logic now?

I'm hoping a few more offers show up online as I'm going to have a hard time even doing 3 based on what is in the book (I don't drive so the gas ones are out). Dare I try airmilesshops again lol

First things, first :welcome: to this amazing group of Airmiles hunters! Don't be afraid to ask your questions, someone will be quick to answer. If you're looking for some immediate response you could check the first page of this thread in case I've put the info there and if you're not already following along with the weekly Airmiles Alert thread you might find that useful as well.

Regarding earning Airmiles for gift cards there are Three ways this is possible

1. You earn Airmiles on EVERYTHING you buy in store at Shell, including gift cards (only exception is SHELL gift cards)
  2. Occasionally the Sobey's chain has specific promos for buying their own gift cards and there appear to be a couple of coupons in the Ontario booklet (can't answer about other areas of the country yet) that will give you miles for buying gift cards
  3. Watch flyers carefully for promos on specific cards at other stores as well, this week you can buy Netflix or Sephora Gift cards at Metro and get 25 AM for $25 or 50 AM for $50. Rexall has also done this in the past
You'll get a head's up on the gift card promos in the weekly thread, this one will more than likely only deal with the ones attached to the Mega Miles Promo.

NOW, what Mort was referring to was the fact that he will first buy a gift card using one of these coupons at Sobey's and earn the miles. He will then use that gift card to buy other gift cards (this requires buying other items and adding the cards to the order and some stores will NOT allow this at all, so ask first) that he can then use the Shell gift card along with another coupon to get things he needs there! Get the circle logic now?
Okay, I think I've got it now! Thanks so much for taking the time to explain!!!

I will be using the airmiles shops for one of my purchases. I just made a purchase at Chapters and once the items were shipped I got my airmiles points in my account lickety split so hope that will hold up during the mega miles.

My only wait will be for the Rexall (spend $40 get 20 AM) because it's April 1 - 7. Otherwise I am happy to get them done quickly! And hopefully they all post quickly as well so I can relax.

I am NOT going to use the airmilesshops.ca offer this time! Ugh.

Totally agree with you on this :)

It looks like it will be tough for me to get this promo because we will be in WDW/DCL/WDW from March 24 - April 11...I will try for a couple before we leave and keep my fingers crossed to get some when we get home...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts