Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

I'm sorry I haven't been around to help sort out the Metro offer -- and i KNEW there would be some problems surrounding it, let's see if i can provide enough answers to help people out. If there's something I've missed, give a shout out, I'm home again
  1. NEVER do offers that show up in flyers for cash mile redemptions appear on your receipt, they will post to your account eventually -- could be within a week or not for a month but they will come
  2. There is NO bar code to scan for the Metro Mega Miles offer but there IS a PLU code that the cashier MUST enter for the coupon to count towards your big promo --- 83929
  3. If there is a slip up in the transaction you can NOT have the miles refunded and try again, once those miles are gone, they're gone

@rella's fan I'm so sorry you ran into trouble over this promo and I understand your frustration. This is one of the reasons I try not to do any of the offers/coupons/big promos on the first day, I like to give the system a chance to work out some kinks and to hear how others have done on their shopping trips. During these promos the books never have all of the coupons/offers in them and offers will come & go on the website regularly which is why i have a post about how to print the coupons for reference, also there's no way Sobey's wants to have Metro coupons in their books because it's like providing them with free advertising and vice versa.

The MM coupon changed sometime in the last few days. I heard about it and printed out the new coupon last night. I was going to double it up with a pizza (25 AM) and then the flyer promotion but I didn't want to chance MM coupon so I went for fewer AM but a sure thing.

So now I'm confused. I thought the 50 AM coupon was the same as the flyer offer so you would only get one. I thought if I used the 25 AM I would get that plus the flyer offer. So are both correct or am I getting this all wrong? Anyone know?
There are clearly TWO promos running here since the flyer makes no mention of a coupon/PLU code needing to be used but I'm not sure how many miles we should be getting. Since you printed an earlier coupon off, can you check and see if the PLU code is also different or is it the same one as I've shared above?

There are clearly TWO promos running here since the flyer makes no mention of a coupon/PLU code needing to be used but I'm not sure how many miles we should be getting. Since you printed an earlier coupon off, can you check and see if the PLU code is also different or is it the same one as I've shared above?
I'm so sorry Donald but I turned in my printed copy to Metro, I didn't keep one. There is also no PLU on my receipt. I would think however that if it was the same PLU then I would have gotten the 50 AM's and not the 25. I'm kicking myself now that I didn't wait and print it of today. Live and learn.

So now I'm confused. I thought the 50 AM coupon was the same as the flyer offer so you would only get one. I thought if I used the 25 AM I would get that plus the flyer offer. So are both correct or am I getting this all wrong? Anyone know?

I was just playing it safe. I like to keep my MM coupon use as clean as possible so that I know it has worked.

I was just playing it safe. I like to keep my MM coupon use as clean as possible so that I know it has worked.
THIS!! Exactly me, I'll be doing a completely separate transaction on each card that is for as darn close to $10 as i can and use the "coupon" and that's it! I want my receipt to be easy to track and be clear (to at least myself) that it relates to one offer.

And since we never buy anything we don't need to earn miles and I only keep enough cash miles to use during these big promos we consider our redemptions "free" meaning the cash miles at Metro will be used for treats we don't normally buy .. hello ice cream or cheesebake bites :rolleyes1

Original PLU 82228 for spend 95 AM cash get 25 AM
New coupon PLU 83929 for spend 95 AM cash get 50 AM

What I'm uncertain about is whether the original coupon will still work or if it was pulled and is no longer valid. I know Airmiles keeps telling us to check the website as offers change.

THANKS for providing that info!! Good for me since i haven't been yet so don't have a coupon ready, but bad for anyone who has already printed it out and used it :sad2:

THANKS for providing that info!! Good for me since i haven't been yet so don't have a coupon ready, but bad for anyone who has already printed it out and used it :sad2:
I'm going to do it again tomorrow I think. I have extra cash miles. I'll purchase 4 boxes of the granola bars, get 15 for that, 50 for the coupon, 50 from Metro, so 115 for a 95 spend.
Does this sound like it will work?

I'm going to do it again tomorrow I think. I have extra cash miles. I'll purchase 4 boxes of the granola bars, get 15 for that, 50 for the coupon, 50 from Metro, so 115 for a 95 spend.
Does this sound like it will work?
At the moment I'm gonna say, yes, your math is right and it's a great way to spend the miles and get the back PLUS more. HOWEVER, until we get to the point where the miles post should from Metro for the flyer offer I'm not holding my breath over that extra 50 miles. Like i said above, the redemption offers that are in flyers NEVER print on the receipt but I always fret until they pop up. I like your style though and if the granola bars hubby eats are included I'll be doing this as well!!

What I'm uncertain about is whether the original coupon will still work or if it was pulled and is no longer valid. I know Airmiles keeps telling us to check the website as offers change.

I used the 25 bonus air miles coupon with code 82228 today and the 25 bonus air miles printed on my receipt.

I can do:
- Metro pizza (not right away but before the MM promo ends)
- Foodland (probably not until next week's flyer though)
- Shell gas (if anyone still needs it)

Actually, I might end up at Foodland tonight after all. I decided to grab a couple of gift cards and convert them to Disney gift cards.

PM me and reply to this post so I know to look at my PMs and I can get someone the Foodland MM.

Last edited:
I can do:
- Metro pizza (not right away but before the MM promo ends)
- Foodland (probably not until next week's flyer though)
- Shell gas (if anyone still needs it)

Actually, I might end up at Foodland tonight after all. I decided to grab a couple of gift cards and convert them to Disney gift cards.

PM me and reply to this post so I know to look at my PMs and I can get someone the Foodland MM.

I would love it if you could do either Metro or Foodland for me! I have Shell done already out here in BC.

I'll pm you my card if that's ok! :)

It looks like I am going to be one coupon short for the 1000am, is there any way @momof2gr8kids can help me out with a Safeway one? TIA!

I've got:
Thrifty Foods
Shell
Rexall
LCBO thanks to @kuhltiffany :)
lol I just did a Safeway shop for another Dis'er on the way home from work. Probably next week I could do another for you. I'll take a better look through their flyer see what else I need.

Apologies if someone already posted this, but I couldn't find anything - how is the Safeway posting on the accounts? Mine doesn't say Mega Miles - says bonus reward miles. And of course I can't find that receipt.

Well, I think I have a problem with my Metro/spend 95

I had the coupon printed out with the coupon code right on it.
I specifically requested the cashier use the 83929 MM bonus coupon and I showed it to her on the coupon.
She answered I didnt need that, it was a store promo for 4 days.
I told her yes, I know that but this is for the MM promo and I would like her to try and enter that particular promo code.
She kind of rolled her eyes at me and said she will and then made that she did BUT I dont think she did

I got the 50 bonus and I didnt have my glasses with me so I could not see the receipt (the had just broken)

When I got home, the coupon code is no where to be found on the receipt!!!! It does say Thank you for your airmiles cash redepmtion and is dated for the time frame of the promo so I think I will ok but I dont want to have to fight it

I think I was bamboozled!

What do you guys think, do your receipts show the 83929 on it or am I over reacting? (wouldn't be the first time LOL)

I had a bad feeling about this Metro shop...

Just got an email from AM saying as of April 10 I hadn’t opted in for the BMO MasterCard mega miles offer. Shocking since I think I actually opted in twice to make sure . The email says that all my purchases since March 21 will still count if I opt in now. I opted in again but that was a shocker. That was one I wasn’t worried about until just now!

Well, I think I have a problem with my Metro/spend 95

I had the coupon printed out with the coupon code right on it.
I specifically requested the cashier use the 83929 MM bonus coupon and I showed it to her on the coupon.
She answered I didnt need that, it was a store promo for 4 days.
I told her yes, I know that but this is for the MM promo and I would like her to try and enter that particular promo code.
She kind of rolled her eyes at me and said she will and then made that she did BUT I dont think she did

I got the 50 bonus and I didnt have my glasses with me so I could not see the receipt (the had just broken)

When I got home, the coupon code is no where to be found on the receipt!!!! It does say Thank you for your airmiles cash redepmtion and is dated for the time frame of the promo so I think I will ok but I dont want to have to fight it

I think I was bamboozled!

What do you guys think, do your receipts show the 83929 on it or am I over reacting? (wouldn't be the first time LOL)

I had a bad feeling about this Metro shop...

I'll check as soon as I drag my lazy butt out of bed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!