Airmiles MEGA MILES Miles are Posting

I spent some time this morning preparing my plan of attack (based on known info) and I will be able to do 3 cards (maybe 4). Majority of this is the Sobeys/Urban Fresh GC's, purchases (gas or in store) at Shell, Rexall, Jean Coutu, IGA (last two doing redemption of Cash AM). We'll see what Metro has to offer but so far this promo looks doable.

The GC's I would normally purchase in my account I will split over DH, DS and DS accounts that way we maximize our (family) bonus AM. (I give up 225AM but ultimately we will gain 1000, short term pain for long term gain)

Based on the Ontario flyer I find this year's Mega Miles to be much easier.

Buy a $150 Sobey's gift card (offer 1). I'll purchase a few groceries and toss in a $25 Shell gift card and a $25 LCBO gift card to complete those (offers 2 and 3). Use $60 of the Sobey's gift card at Foodland to complete that one (offer 4). For Rexall both our cards have enough for the Spend 190 cash air miles towards $20 (offer 5). No extra cash needed to complete the offers. That makes me happy!! :goodvibes

Okay I'm a complete newbie at this! Is the promo basically that you spend $100 each at 5 different Airmiles partners and then you get 100- bonus points?? I want to do better with my Airmiles! Thanks :)

Okay I'm a complete newbie at this! Is the promo basically that you spend $100 each at 5 different Airmiles partners and then you get 100- bonus points?? I want to do better with my Airmiles! Thanks :)

There will be coupon booklets available in stores and also online for your province. You will want to use them for 5 different sponsors, and then you will earn 1000 bonus airmiles. The coupons will vary for each sponsor. For example, Shell seems to be a common one, you get 5 bonus AM when you spend $5 in store, or you could use the one for when you purchase gas. Once the booklets and online coupons come out they will be linked to or pictures posted at the start of this thread.

I'm glad you've decided to join in the games! Short answer to your question .. NO. You won't need to spend nearly that much to complete the promo!!!

I'm going to use the coupon booklet from Ontario as an example for you because it's the most legible -- images in the 3rd post. Here's what I currently plan on doing:
  1. Spend $10 at Shell and get 5 AM to use one coupon
  2. Place an order with Amazon thru the Airmiles portal -- needs to be at least $100 to get 50 AM and use one coupon
  3. Spend $40 at Rexall to get 20 AM and use one coupon
  4. I'm hoping to find a coupon for Metro (since they compete with Sobey's they never put their coupons in the same booklet)
  5. Possibly buy a $75 gift card at Urban Fresh get 75 AM and use my last coupon
That will have me at 5 coupons at 5 different partners, total out of pocket $225 (plus whatever i need to spend at Metro) that will earn me 150 AM from the coupons PLUS the final 1000 big bonus once the promo wraps up.

If you read a few of the posts above mine you'll see some suggestions to spend even less by taking the Sobey's gift card and turn them over to other cards. I don't have enough cash miles to use any of those offers but if i need to I'll hit up Rexall because they post within 24 hours.

Once the promo actually goes live there will be more coupons online that don't appear in any of the booklets. I'll be taking the time to offer up suggestions on how to make the best use of them as well. Be sure to check the other thread for some more general tips as well and info that is specific to each week's flyers, you'll be able to rack up the miles !!

Last thought, The Duck NEVER spends more than she needs to in the pursuit of her miles and LOVES to make sure that no one else does either. We rarely, if ever, buy anything strictly for miles (there was that cheesecake offer at Metro once that was dangerously good!) has to meet my 1:1 ratio before i even consider it and never buy anything we won't use.

Last edited:
I agree, if by all accounts, should be able to knock them off in the first couple of days. Buy the GC then use them to buy other GC at the locations needed. Now I know I can do this at my local Sobeys, but I need to put milk and maybe a few other items on then get a shell GC and anything else.
Good luck all, 6 days and counting
Haven’t don’t this for a while. Just want to confirm whether we can use Shell GC to buy LCBO GC. TIA!

Haven’t don’t this for a while. Just want to confirm whether we can use Shell GC to buy LCBO GC. TIA!
You should be able to. Now if you buy the Sobeys GC. Then buy some items like milk and eggs and put down a Shell GC, I know at my store I can pay the whole thing with my Sobeys GC.
I am hoping to get away with almost buying everything with the one Sobeys card. But I will still buy the max for both cards if it is 4 or 5 gc. I will use the gc over the course of the next few months as I do the lotto for our office, so I am getting paid to buy the tickets..hehe.
Good luck all.

Just in case the HBC conversion to Air Miles is an option, I stopped the converting of mine and my husband's points today.

What do you mean by "You stopped the converting of miles..."? Did you already have that done? If so, you can't opt out and then re-opt in again for it to count as an offer.

Yes, that's what I meant. I was able to go into my HBC account and tell it to stop converting to air miles. It may not work but I have read that some people were able to use it again a second time. I figure it's worth a short. I just will not count it as one of my 5 shops. Just as a back-up.

I had no idea this was possible, and would count against the next promo as a completed offer. Thank you so much for sharing! I am doing this today.

Somehow this got past me without a comment! Please don't let this be your 5th "coupon"!! Couple of reasons for me to say this: last MM there was a bunch of confusion as several people reporting getting amounts posted to their accounts that were different from the stated number on the offer AND during StB there were a few people who didn't get any miles at all. I'm not sure if I would risk using this more than once due to the wording on the HBC coupon from both Mega Miles AND Shop the Block 2018 (and yes, i do keep everything that pertains to my airmiles posts here!)

The one-time auto-convert AIR MILES welcome bonus will be applied to your AIR MILES account within 6 weeks of sign-up. Hudson's Bay Rewards points can be redeemed for Reward Miles at a rate of 40 Hudson's Bay Rewards points to 1 Mile. Once you enroll, you can redeem the Hudson's Bay Rewards points you earned at Hudson's Bay, thebay.com and Home Outfitters for Reward Miles. You cannot, however, get Reward Miles by showing your AIR MILES Card at the point of sale. Some exceptions apply, including limitations with respect to points earned through our Hudson's Bay Rewards partners. Visit hbcrewards.com for full details. Hudson's Bay reserves the right to change terms of this offer. If the option for automatic weekly redemption is selected, any Hudson's Bay Rewards points remaining at the end of each week that are not divisible by 40 will be carried forward to the next week.

I'm home and you all started without me,,,HUGS
So is Metro and LCBO going to be online purchases or posted on line once the promo starts.?

Hugs
Mel
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

oooohhhh look at Miss Fresh
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

So is Metro and LCBO going to be online purchases or posted on line once the promo starts.?

Hugs
Mel
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

570x760_smart_fit.jpg

good questions! I think either interpretation makes complete sense. Can you order from the LCBO online?

And it's nice to see the miss fresh coupon again. I was going to use it for StB but ended up not. It would have been my 8th partner, and I decided it was just too pricey for an assurance shop. But depending on the weekly menu, there are definitely meals my family would enjoy. It might happen...

Hugs
Mel
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

570x760_smart_fit.jpg

Would that be the Metro catering website, do you think?

Last edited:
good questions! I think either interpretation makes complete sense. Can you order from the LCBO online?

And it's nice to see the miss fresh coupon again. I was going to use it for StB but ended up not. It would have been my 8th partner, and I decided it was just too pricey for an assurance shop. But depending on the weekly menu, there are definitely meals my family would enjoy. It might happen...
Hi Hon
Yep you can shop LCBO online
here is a link
https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/en/lcbo
https://www.lcbo.com/content/lcbo/en/homepage/thousands-of-your-favourites-now-available-online.html

hugs Mel

Whoop! Lawton's has spend $35 on Our Compliments products, get 95 miles and it ends on March 21. I also have a targeted offer of spend $40, get 40 miles which ends on March 21. Mega Miles starts March 21 with the Lawton's offer being spend $95, get 95 miles (accumulative). Looks like timing worked out great to combine all three and make the MM offer that much better!

For some reason I am drawing a blank ..does anyone recall the usual limit on that Sobey’s gift card offer? Is it 5? So I could do it and earn 750 airmiles if I bought the limit ? ( I know only one would count for Mega Miles ).

it will be either 4 or 5. They have double booked in the last ones lately. By that I mean MM has had the offer on and then Sobeys personal flyer has also had on. One with one amount and one with the other. We were able to double dip and get 300am for every 150card, up to the 4. But I can see them closing that loop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!