Airmiles Shop the Block Earn up to 2,000 Miles

Just back from my wrap up STB shopping trip.

Foodland bought Chocolate Cake +50AM & some other stuff then I used 95AM cash(coupon PLU 38). The coupon show on my receipt but not the 25AM I'm supposed to get for using it. Is this normal? Anyone else have it treated this way? I know this is the way it's done at Metro and the AM show up later but just a little concerned.

Sobeys bought 3 pkg of Maple Lodge chicken weiners. Flyer bonus 20AM (needed to purchase 2) used STB coupon (needed to purchase 3) and use 95AM cash coupon (promo 8,17). Only 20 AM show on the receipt. Will the 2 promo coupon AM show up later? Again anyone else with this same experience?

I thought I should be able to double dip the coupon and the flyer promotion at Sobeys, maybe not?

Just back from my wrap up STB shopping trip.

Foodland bought Chocolate Cake +50AM & some other stuff then I used 95AM cash(coupon PLU 38). The coupon show on my receipt but not the 25AM I'm supposed to get for using it. Is this normal? Anyone else have it treated this way? I know this is the way it's done at Metro and the AM show up later but just a little concerned.

Sobeys bought 3 pkg of Maple Lodge chicken weiners. Flyer bonus 20AM (needed to purchase 2) used STB coupon (needed to purchase 3) and use 95AM cash coupon (promo 8,17). Only 20 AM show on the receipt. Will the 2 promo coupon AM show up later? Again anyone else with this same experience?

I thought I should be able to double dip the coupon and the flyer promotion at Sobeys, maybe not?

I bought the Maple Lodge chicken bacon (same coupon) the very first week, twice (2 cards) and it was on instore promo then as well. Promo 17 is on both receipts and I received the airmiles right away ie. in both cases 20am instore promo plus 20am listed after promo 17 on each receipt. I did livechat after the first one and they told me it was combinable with other product offers, told me not to use them with "when you spend" coupons.

Not sure if using promo 8 and 17 together would be an issue, I'm sure someone can add to this shortly.

Thank you that clarifies what happened. It looks like I got the 20AM for using the STB coupon but not for the flyer promotion. The other one is the use 95 Cash AM I'm confident that will come through in a few weeks.

For those using the Sobeys Atlantic STB coupon (Spend $25 on produce and earn 15AM) as one of your set... It didn't scan. It made that loud beeping sound when a barcode isn't in the system. (Former cashier here...). The person thought it didn't work b/c I didn't have $25 (which I did... but I thought maybe one of my items didn't count?) Anyway... I ran back for more spinach, and it still didn't work. Finally, he called someone over and they said "Oh yeah, this new coupon doesn't scan. You have to type it in." Sigh. Thankfully it worked in the end, and I only overspent on one tub of spinach. I use them in smoothies, so no worries, as I freeze it. So Beware! And get your casheir to type it in!

For those using the Sobeys Atlantic STB coupon (Spend $25 on produce and earn 15AM) as one of your set... It didn't scan. It made that loud beeping sound when a barcode isn't in the system. (Former cashier here...). The person thought it didn't work b/c I didn't have $25 (which I did... but I thought maybe one of my items didn't count?) Anyway... I ran back for more spinach, and it still didn't work. Finally, he called someone over and they said "Oh yeah, this new coupon doesn't scan. You have to type it in." Sigh. Thankfully it worked in the end, and I only overspent on one tub of spinach. I use them in smoothies, so no worries, as I freeze it. So Beware! And get your casheir to type it in!

Thanks for that information, I'm going to need this one!

Pumpkin, funny about your son. I asked dh to use the gas coupon, he was driving to the airport. He got panicky about using them so I said well forget it we can do it another time.... about an hour later he called me to say he got gas and used the coupon and it was easy peasy...... I was really surprised.

Decided to purchase the Nicolas F Champagne at LCBO, I would never buy this normally but my dd is getting married in June and I think she might like it to drink with her bridesmaid the night before or the day of her wedding. So I will have 2 extra stb to be sure I get the 7.

Finally finished up STB. :banana: So jealous of those that could take advantage of the Sobey's offers and do more than one card!

I used the Safeway 100 am, 2 of the Shell spend $50, 3 AM Shops, The LCBO wine purchase, 25 AMEX Purchases, 25 MC Purchases, and a spend $25 at Rexall as a bonus in case something doesn't post. Our rexall is just basically a drug store with off the shelf drugs like Tylenol, etc. that you can purchase. Wish I had a full rexall like the rest of you do!

Waiting for the next promo!!

at Rexall I purchased Advil $17.99 large bottle and was $10 off regular $27.00 and Rexall version of NyQuil for $10.00. You can never have too many Advil or too much NyQuil.
So easy to spend $25.00 to get the deal, too bad it expired.

I thought the airmilesshops was 3 purchases not 3 stores so i made 2 purchases at indigo over Black Friday and 1 at The Body Shop and just realized I need another store now and I’ve missed out on the 15x promo...ugh!

I thought the airmilesshops was 3 purchases not 3 stores so i made 2 purchases at indigo over Black Friday and 1 at The Body Shop and just realized I need another store now and I’ve missed out on the 15x promo...ugh!
I made 3 purchases....2 Amazon and 1 HBC. It better work.

Made a quick trip to Foodland this afternoon to get the chocolate bars for our new card (ok so a 45 minute round trip ain't too quick!) and bought exactly the same bars i did at Sobeys Urban Fresh the first week and the PLU code showed up as well as the bonus miles. Looks like there is a chat in my future <sigh>

Sorry but it needs to be a 3 different stores. Fine print on back of coupon
View attachment 286467
Great....I made a bunch of other online purchases under the 15x promo and put them all on my card. My DD’s card is the one that’s short. I do still need another Xmas gift for my oldest DD. Will see what I can find online.

So far I’ve completed all my STB X 2 cards. My card will have 10 when the MasterCard and Amex come through. My DD’s card will have 8 if I can make another online purchase. If that fails I can get gas. I really want to get that online shop though, the 150 bonus is too good.

****UPDATE on my missing miles for the Chocolate bars on both cards from Sobeys Urban Fresh. I tried on-line chat last week and got the annoying canned answer "wait for 120 days since they are bonus miles". Bought the bars at Foodland today and since they posted properly i thought I'd try another tactic and swung into a Facebook chat with THIS result!
upload_2017-12-3_20-30-10.png
upload_2017-12-3_20-30-38.png
THERE! now the Onyx card is well above the 7 (currently at 9 even if the online doesn't work) and the new card has 4 done.

I ended up walking back to Sobeys Urban Fresh today and got the woman at customer service to return my chocolate bars and shampoo... when she rang the same items in again, the coupons showed up no problem. She said there must have been a problem with the Air Miles system on the day I bought them. Got 9+ offers on both my card and DH's card, so now I'm officially done with STB! :yay:

I've corrected my little online shopping issue. I remembered that I had $20 in The Body Shop vouchers. So I decided to order something around the $25 mark even if it meant paying for shipping. As it turns out today the entire site was 40% off and free shipping in Ontario. So I ended up with a bunch of things (stock up really), used my vouchers and it only cost me $16 OOP. Hopefully, that will cover the coupon requirements. Oh ya, plus....The Body Shop was also giving double Love Your Body points....so probably another voucher in my near future.

I need to go back to Sobey's tomorrow or Thursday for another xBox gift card.

If anyone in Atlantic Canada would like me to complete an offer for them (most likely I'll do the chocolate bars again), I can. If you need two, I can add the Herbal Essance in as well and stock up on that. I'll make sure your STB is/are the only item(s) on the receipt and will scan & e-mail the receipt to you in case you need it as proof to Air Miles later on.

Saw something on Facebook this morning that has me concerned about the STB Bonus Air Miles....the post was an Air Miles post promoting Shop the Block. The post said "Earn up to 2000 bonus Air Miles, that's over $200 in cash". I do not recall seeing anywhere that the STB bonus miles were being awarded as cash miles. I was REALLY hoping that they would be awarded as per my preference setting which is going to be staying as 100% Dream because I am saving for the iPad someone posted about on the other AM thread (and hope it is still available when I have enough miles).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts