Airmiles Vouchers

Pumpkin1172

DIS Veteran
So I just got a phone call from the travel agent handling our daughter's destination wedding.

She informed me, that Airmiles new vacation website will be going live on September 12.

I had to cash out all my available airmiles for vouchers to put towards the trip. Because we have a package through the agent, and going forward we won't be able to purchase the " vouchers " to be used for a package through the agent.

So this is a heads up if anyone currently has a package through a travel agent, and you were going to use vouchers to help bring down the cost, contact your travel agent.

My daughter specifically picked transat air, so that we could all use our airmiles to help pay for our trip.
We were hoping to have saved enough for half of our trip for the 4 of us. I just cashed out 1,800 dollars in travel vouchers...which is not too bad. But I also don't like seeing only 336 am left :sad:

Thanks for posting Hon.
I know my son has been waiting for the web site to go live.
Just to clarify you can still use the vouchers through the new website but not through travel agency right?
It's will be ok,,, you will soon have a new stockpile of airmiles.:flower1:
Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Just to clarify you can still use the vouchers through the new website but not through travel agency right?
It's will be ok,,, you will soon have a new stockpile of airmiles.:flower1:

Yes... you will be able to use them on their tavel hub. She told me that they will have the same dollar value as before 909 Am for 100.00 credit. You can book your whole package through them. Hopefully they will have good pricing if I'm going to use my airmiles towards a package through them

Ugh, I went on vacation and didn't order the vouchers. Now it's too late, as the hotel + tickets wasn't considered a package unless I also ordered a car rental...so I was still going over options with the travel agent, while another TA at the same location said no...so I was going to call another location...kind of get all my ducks in a row. Now forget it. I'm positive the universal hotel won't be on their new travel hub since it's not already there, so this will have all been a waste. Procrastination killed me!

Yes... you will be able to use them on their tavel hub. She told me that they will have the same dollar value as before 909 Am for 100.00 credit. You can book your whole package through them. Hopefully they will have good pricing if I'm going to use my airmiles towards a package through them

Thanks Hon
I appreciate you taking the time to post.
I gave a lot of vouchers away to my son as a gift but I have been thinking of starting to save for myself.
I'm hoping for good pricing too!
Hugs Mel

The value given under the previous PVC system was way better than the current voucher system so I'm hoping (although with little faith) that it is similar when the new online booking system is rolled out.

So I just got a phone call from the travel agent handling our daughter's destination wedding.

She informed me, that Airmiles new vacation website will be going live on September 12.

I had to cash out all my available airmiles for vouchers to put towards the trip. Because we have a package through the agent, and going forward we won't be able to purchase the " vouchers " to be used for a package through the agent.

So this is a heads up if anyone currently has a package through a travel agent, and you were going to use vouchers to help bring down the cost, contact your travel agent.

My daughter specifically picked transat air, so that we could all use our airmiles to help pay for our trip.
We were hoping to have saved enough for half of our trip for the 4 of us. I just cashed out 1,800 dollars in travel vouchers...which is not too bad. But I also don't like seeing only 336 am left :sad:

Any idea for those who have purchased the travel vouchers, but haven't booked with an agent yet? Can we use them with an agent, or do they have to be used online? I have $2K in travel vouchers, I've been waiting for Air Transat to open their May 2019 tour packages.

Any idea for those who have purchased the travel vouchers, but haven't booked with an agent yet? Can we use them with an agent, or do they have to be used online? I have $2K in travel vouchers, I've been waiting for Air Transat to open their May 2019 tour packages.
I'm also curious if we'll be able to use a combination of vouchers and miles because i was planning on using BOTH accounts but the secondary doesn't have enough to book something but i could cash in for 3 once the online promo posts.

Well they better step up their game and have decent prices. I'm in a bit of a funk so what will remedy that? Simple, scour travel sites & prepare to plan a trip. Check Costco for prices of resorts since they tend to be a bit cheaper - that worked out reasonably well. Next up check AM for flights -- yeah, not so much .. OMGEEE seriously the cost of the taxes is stupid high! Check my email and find an email from Air Canada vacations with a code for 50% second adult and zip over to their website. Would you believe that a 7 night trip to St Lucia the week before Christmas, in business class, is coming in at LESS than the same resort thru Costco with AM flights in May?!?!?!?

Next up is to check out the Marlin travel site to get a feel for what it costs thru them, not feeling like AM is gonna win the game

Well they better step up their game and have decent prices. I'm in a bit of a funk so what will remedy that? Simple, scour travel sites & prepare to plan a trip. Check Costco for prices of resorts since they tend to be a bit cheaper - that worked out reasonably well. Next up check AM for flights -- yeah, not so much .. OMGEEE seriously the cost of the taxes is stupid high! Check my email and find an email from Air Canada vacations with a code for 50% second adult and zip over to their website. Would you believe that a 7 night trip to St Lucia the week before Christmas, in business class, is coming in at LESS than the same resort thru Costco with AM flights in May?!?!?!?

Next up is to check out the Marlin travel site to get a feel for what it costs thru them, not feeling like AM is gonna win the game

ugh, i totally agree. I’ve looked at flights through air miles a couple times and it just never seems worth the miles. depending on airline/destination, taxes are a killer. i remember seeing some great flights to tokyo with low fees, but anything within NA or europe are just too pricey.

From the Air Miles FB page:

ME:
I was told by an air miles rep that the new travel booking site would be going live Sept. 12. Well, that is today and the website is still the same as before. Did they give out incorrect information?

AIR MILES Canada Hello Heather, we do apologize as this is incorrect information. We do not have a specific launch date yet but are hoping the new travel options will be available soon so please keep an eye out!

AIR MILES Canada Hello Heather, we do apologize as this is incorrect information. We do not have a specific launch date yet but are hoping the new travel options will be available soon so please keep an eye out!

I know...I went to go check it out this morning. And it's not " live " yet sheesh. well...good thing for me if they don't go live yet...I may still have some more time to get more Am to use for vouchers for this trip.

I'm not a very patient person though...and my patience with AM seems to be running thin lately. They have had measly point rewards all year. I have to work for all the points I get. Oh well. I'll just keep working the program now for tickets for the 4 of us to go to Florida to see with Disney or Universal or maybe both!!!! If I can talk the hubby into taking extra time off :rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter