• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles

tracycd2

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone,

I won 5000 airmiles....YAY!!!!!

OK, now having said that,

What do I do with them? I think I have a total of 6600 miles.

Should I use them for airfare to orlando?

OR should I use them for a motel stay in orlando?

OR should I use them for a different kind of vacation?

What would you do?

Thanks
Tracy

Figure out which would be more adventageous and go from there!
But definately something to do with Disney!

Scratch
:smooth:

Congratulations! We just recently started collecting air miles. I think it will be many years before we have enough to do anything. If you drive to Disney you could use them for your hotel. Otherwise - book that flight and enjoy!:D

Hi everyone,
I was just checking out the airmiles website and we have
enough miles for a 12 night stay at the Best Western Kissimmee
or enough for an 11 night stay at the BW eastgate.
Still not sure what we will do.
Still would like to hear what everyone else would do.

Thanks
Tracy

We use American Express and that awards us Airmiles. It is great. We always have airmiles to spent, although not 5000!!
Wow, that's a nice bonus!! Congrats.
I would stay for the 11 or 12 days and get the 7 days pass. Take some days off in between. We stayed at Fort Wilderness for 10 days and took a few days off in between. It was the best Disney vacation I've ever had. Very nice and restful. Not always doing the DDM (Disney Death March)

If you're booking flights with Air Miles, book early! I wasn't able to get an Air Miles flight on Air Canada for my last trip ... Strange though, they said they had flights to get me there but nothing to get me back :confused:

I used my points instead to get a digital camera which I sold and then used to pay for another plane ticket :p

These are different from Air Miles program but I would like to comment that only a certain number of airmile seats of any type are available per flight. We booked ours 7 months ago for next week!

I was able to get one Airmiles ticket but not an Aeroplan ticket for the same time. Oh well, looks like I'll have to pay for a ticket :( Last year, I had the opposite problem ... no seats available on Airmiles but lots of seats on Aeroplan. Go figure! :p

WE used Air Miles to go to Tampa last Feb. It used 5850 for the three of us from Halifax. No problem getting a flight, (booked the August before), but remember you have to pay all the taxes & fees. For us it was almost $500.00!! Next time I would use them for hotel or something else.:D

CONGRATS! How exciting.

I am airmiles crazy. I can not begin to tell you the number of flights and merchandise I have received from my airmiles over the years. (although the program itself has declined over the years)

Here's a tip: the value of each airmile is approximately 20 cents. So if you are looking at the merchandise, see if it is a good deal.

For example the water jug set they have on special is 50 airmiles which works out to a 'price' of $10. (50 x .20). A decent deal.

The Sony Playstation is 3000 airmiles which works out to $600! Yikes!

The Grand-prix go carts are 110 miles for 24 coupons, which works out to $22. If you purchase 24 coupons at the gate, they cost $22, so it's on par.

The Famous Players 2 for 1 movie passes are 25 miles ($5). Which is a great deal on admission for Silver City theatres (which can run $12 per).

Every year (except 2002) NWA has had companion flight specials where you 'purchase' one flight with your airmiles and your companion can fly for $149. You pay the taxes on both flights, but this is an amazing deal if you live in an area where flight 'deals' aren't deals in the least.

If you're in no hurry to book a flight, you can keep checking the site to see if there are any good specials on. My daughter and I just came back from Tampa. We flew Winnipeg-Tampa for 4480 airmiles (20% off special). I had to pay the taxes of $224.12. (the flight itself was on par - approx $448 each - for a 'special' in our area).

Have fun spending them!

PS - How did you win them?

I am like Newhere. I haved used them for Airfare at least 3 times (Yukon, Halifax, and Las Vegas), hotel (Halifax) , merchandise (television) and gift certificates (movies).
I need to build up my Airmiles bank again.

Hi everyone,
I won the airmiles by shopping at our local A&P.
It was their 5th anniversay promotion.
Tracy

Congratulations tracycd2, that 's a nice prize! :)

DH just used some of our airmiles to order a satellite dish and receiver. The points have been adding up, but I always forget to check out the rewards available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter