Airport Adjacent Hotel

MablePines24

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

My family is going to Disney from November 26th till December 2nd. I've been checking airline prices and from Buffalo to Orlando, prices are crazy on that Sunday after Thanksgiving. I looked into flying in late night Saturday, I would be saving about $100 a ticket. Would it make sense cost wise, to fly in late night Saturday, stay at a hotel near the airport and take the magical express into WDW on Sunday morning? If so, which hotels near the airport would be recommended? The Hyatt would be awesome, but it'd be $200 for essentially 8 hours lol.

Thanks!!

There are all the normal franchise hotels all around the airport. I think you must give Disney a flight number (as your arrival flight) that arrived the day you want to use ME. I have read others who told Disney they stayed a night at the airport and then were not allowed to use Magic Express. Just a suggestion.

Due to difference in airfare prices, I fly in the night before all the time now. I stay at timeshare resorts and I always check-in on Saturdays. However, I found that Friday night flights are less expensive. When I add up the cost of a hotel for a night and the rental car rate, and meals, it comes to about even or a little less than the higher airfare. So we decided we would rather arrive in Florida a day early than pay higher airfare costs. I'd recommend staying at a hotel close to the airport that offers a free 24 hour shuttle. I currently have Quality Inn Airport reserved for our first night. With taxes and fees, it came to $62. We will arrive after 10pm so all we will have time to do is sleep also. So with rental car and hotel, and a quick meal, I am looking at a cost of $100 for arriving a day early. If I fly out Saturday morning, I am looking at a cost of about $50 - $75/ticket....which for 3 people will be over $100. So yes, I do agree with flying in the night before and saving a few bucks if you can do it. I use many of the booking websites to search for a good deal. Booking.com is one of my favorites. They also offer alot of hotel options that have free cancellation and no prepayment required. They take your credit card info but don't charge your card. You get the option to pay at the hotel for the price you see online. You usually have up to 48 hours to cancel. So if your plans change, you have the flexibility of being able to cancel without being charged. It's a nice option.

Now....I have never taken Magic Express so you will have to wait for someone to chime in and tell you how to handle that. I believe they say to give Disney flight info for the day you need Magic Express and not the day you actually arrive. I have heard some say, if you don't take ME on arrival day, you may not be eligible to take it the next day. I could be completely wrong and off base about that so don't take my word for it. I am sure someone else will come along and tell you how to handle that.

There are all the normal franchise hotels all around the airport. I think you must give Disney a flight number (as your arrival flight) that arrived the day you want to use ME. I have read others who told Disney they stayed a night at the airport and then were not allowed to use Magic Express. Just a suggestion.

This is what I understand too. I am glad you added this information for the OP. I didn't want to relay bad information.

I can answer the question about Magic Express. We talked to a CM and told her we were coming in the night before and staying in an airport hotel. She just put us on the list for Magic Express with no exact time and told us to check in when we got back to the airport from our hotel. I recommend calling Disney to find out.

I do want to say that we decided not to use the Magic Express and just Uber over to Disney from the hotel because it will get us there faster. By the time you leave the hotel get back to the airport and wait for a bus to fill up because you don't know all the flight schedules it may take hours before you get to your resort. IMHO it is worth the money. We can get to the resort check in and go to the parks way before lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!