• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport hotel recommendations?

B3LM

Disney Fan
Our current plan has us arriving in Orlando at 1:00am, and using Tiffany Towncar to get to the Contemporary.
My DH has decided that he wants me to check into staying at a hotel near the airport when we arrive. He doesn't want to have to pay for that night at the Contemporary. He thinks it would be much less expensive to rent a car and check into a hotel near the airport. Then, drive to the Contemporary the next morning, check-in (of course, we probably couldn't get into our room then), and turn in the car at WDW. (I agree it would probably be less expensive, but much more hassle.)

I'm not too crazy about his idea, but I said I'd check into it. Can anyone recommend a nice, clean but reasonable hotel near the airport? There are 5 of us - me, DH, DS8, DD5, DD2.

Thanks!

In view of the fact that you will be arriving at 1am, I suggest you stay at the Hotel *INSIDE* the airport terminal, and then take Tiffany over to the Contemporary after breakfast.

I cannot remember its name right now (is it the Hyatt Regency?) but I am sure your travel agent can advise you.
I am sure you could find something cheaper between the airport and Disney, but who wants to be messing around with car rentals at that ungodly hour of the morning <g>.

I have used that Hotel on a previous trip (on my way to Daytona). It is a good hotel. quiet, Bell Services will collect your luggage from the carrosel & bring it to your room. You can even request a room overlooking the runways.

Andrew

Andrew is correct - the Hyatt Hotel is located inside the airport terminal. It isn't an inexpensive hotel, but it's certainly less than one night at the Contemporary.

If you're only renting a car for one day to get to your WDW hotel - skip it and take Tiffany Town Car both to and from your WDW hotel. It's less expensive than two one-day car rentals.

A hotel INSIDE the airpot? Wow, that sounds intriguing! I'll check into it - THANKS!!!

Next week my sister lands at midnight, and will be staying at a Howard Johnson near the airport for $40. The best part - FREE SHUTTLE FROM THE AIRPORT!!!

She got this deal on hotelkingdom.com. Check it out - maybe it'll work for you.

Patti

It is the Hyatt and it is expensive but I am staying there in Feb. We get in at midnight and with a 5 year old thought it would be best to just skip all the rental stuff and driving until the next morning! They do allow 4 adults in one room and a child, that may save you money???

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Select and the Four Points Sheraton Kissimmee by the airport. The Holyiday Inn was pretty great. It was clean and very quiet since all the rooms had an interior hallway. The Four Points Sheraton was nice, but the rooms were far away from the front desk and it was kind of hard to find your room. Still, for one night, the Four Points Sheraton wasn't bad.

Two thoughts............first is Priceline in airport only zone, and put in about 20 dollars for a two star....second thought, and this always works for us, is to call a day before you fly and see what the standby situation is....We will book a late flight if it is less expensive and then fly standby on an earlier flight and get to Orlando much earlier.......works like a charm and no 1 am arrivals.......................good luck,Ted

Hi tednvon, thanks for the reply!

I had actually thought about doing the stand-by thing, but we're flying the day after Thanksgiving. I'm not a frequent flyer at all - any idea what the chances are of us getting on a flight going stand-by on that day?
(I was thinking that all flights would be full and there are 5 of us.)

You never know, and the nice thing about standby is you can have your other plans and whether you get to your motel at 3pm or 1am, it is yours for the night...I would call about two weeks before your flight direct to the airline, have your reservation no. ready (they like that!) In a very friendly pleasant voice tell the agent that that you and your family are thinking about standby to Orlando and what do the earlier flights look like.....They will check and if give you an idea.....If it looks good, check back a day or so before your flight and ask the same question......sometimes they will actually put you on a list and be able to confirm an earlier flight for you..other times they say it looks good but you never know till you get to the airport......If you are taking connecting flights, one may be much more crowded....so lots of scenarios, but you know for sure you have that red eye no matter what..............good luck........Ted

Thanks for the tips, Ted! Fortunately, it is a direct flight so I will DEFINITELY check into it.

Thanks again!
Beth

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Select for a $30 bid on Priceline.

It was very quiet and very clean, and about 5 minutes from the airport.

Beth, from Iowa City we connect in St Louis....we had the 11 pm red eye and got on the plane that goes out about 8:30 am or so on standby (TWA)......good luck...........Ted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter