Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

A friend tried uber at DL and after 15 minutes they didn't show up and it turned out it got cancelled we weren't sure why, so he ended up getting Lyft right after that. I tried uber on my next trip and could not get it to accept any payment so I gave up and went with Lyft and had no problems getting the app to work. Every lyft driver we had (5) there was also an uber driver so at least that aspect seems to make no difference.

I've been reading about people at disney being charged extra after the ride has ended for things like damages that they swear did not occur with Uber and really getting no help from corp Uber when they complain. I haven't read that happening with Lyft so I've been thinking we need to stick to Lyft more on our next trip to avoid that.

I have had similar experiences using Uber and Lyft. Thankfully, they have all been positive.

My deciding factor comes down to cheapest of the two at the time. Uber has won every time I leave Anaheim for LAX. And they have shown up even during the wee morning hours when we had a 7am flight. :)

I travel for work all the time. I use Lyft unless I absolutely cannot get one. No problem at all from SNA or LGB

Does anyone have a preference of Lyft or Uber? We plan on doing the LUX version. Traveling from SNA to DL Hotel.

lyft only because of some behind the scene stuff we know about Uber. But in reality if Uber has a good price difference I’ll go with them.

Lyft.

I also drive Lyft and I can assure you they treat us better than Uber does, and is a very ethical company.

I tried looking this up and it seems to be about twice as much as an uber/lyft... is that correct?

A cab compared to a standard L/U is more but if you compare a taxi to the "fancier" L/U options, it's very competitive - or at least it was. In fact, since a van type cab is no more than a regular cab, it was cheaper than the same thing in a Uber. But that was several years ago. It's probably pays to looks again.

We tried to do an Uber from SNA one time and the app just wouldn't work. We were burning valuable park time so we just took a cab. We'll continue to take a taxi to the park because it is definitely faster.

Has anyone used this?

Really missing Super Shuttle about now. I always had good experiences with them. I'm having a hard time finding a replacement shuttle service.

We use Karmel everytime we land in LA to take us to Anaheim. I have booked both through their website and Get Away today. Get away today has a cheaper rate currently than Karmel's own website. Plus they have kids ride free. Karmel is great. Clean, easy, efficient. Once you land, you text or call their toll free number and they instruct you to stand right outside the baggage claim. They are usually at the curb to pick you up 20 minutes or so after you have picked up your bags. If you book with Get away today, they give you a voucher number. Then you call Karmel to give them your voucher number and flight information. I always recommend Karmel to friends or family who are travelling to Disneyland!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter