Airport Proximity to DLR and Ground Transportation Information Superthread (READ FIRST POST FOR OVERVIEW!)

Since this post is mostly airport/ground transportation related, I'm moving it to the Airport and Ground Transportation Superthread.

My family will be visiting DL in May for our first ever trip to this park. We frequent WDW so this whole shuttle thing is puzzling to me. Especially since many of them have such negative reviews. Right now I'm considering Karmel since they have better reviews than most and are a lot more affordable. Does anyone know if they provide car seats or do I have to bring my own? My son will be a few weeks shy of 4 during the time of our trip. So a car seat is a must. Thanks for the help.

Karmel told me they would not provide a booster, but several others do, including Lansky, MilWil, Zippy and Rapid. LAX round-trip prices from $230 to $370.

My family will be visiting DL in May for our first ever trip to this park. We frequent WDW so this whole shuttle thing is puzzling to me. Especially since many of them have such negative reviews. Right now I'm considering Karmel since they have better reviews than most and are a lot more affordable. Does anyone know if they provide car seats or do I have to bring my own? My son will be a few weeks shy of 4 during the time of our trip. So a car seat is a must. Thanks for the help.
If your son is old enough/big enough for a travel booster, that might help open up your options. Many posters here use Mifold or Bubblebum travel booster seats. (Look on Amazon.com for good prices.) These seats are very portable and allow families to use ride share and other shuttles and car services when they don't want to bring a full car seat or full booster seat along on the trip. Otherwise, the pp is correct that Lansky's Car Service provides car seats upon request. Lansky's gets very good reviews on this board.

The last time we used whatever snashuttle.com was. It was... fine? They had booster seats. We're using them again in a week, but once the kids are 8 we will probably use Lyft.

Choosing between the two< I would say John Wayne. We use a car service, Anaheim Town Car. Last time we took a taxi, the driver was ridiculously crazy.

Don't forget to check LGB as well. It's my favorite airport, so easy to get in and out, the rideshare pick up is less than a 1000 feet from the farthest gate. Even with traffic, it's maybe 10 minutes farther than SNA.

Last edited:
It all depends on the price. From San Antonio, the best way to fly was into LAX. At the time it was an inexpensive direct flight.

Fly into LAX or John Wayne when going to Disneyland? And do you just use an Uber to get the your hotel?
LAX will always be the cheaper flight - from just about anywhere.

John Wayne airport is closest to DLR so transportation will be cheaper.

The Bob Hope airport is a good suggestion from mel2014 - it's small and easy to navigate. Transportation to DLR (Uber/taxi/towncar) will be just a little more than SNA.

I, too, would suggest a towncar over Uber. With luggage the service is worth the extra cost.

When are you traveling?

SNA is the closest and a taxi is easiest and quickest! LGB is close as well.... it is Long Beach (not "Bob Hope") airport. Taxis from there are also very easy and have a flat rate to DLR area.

SNA.

There has to be a SIGNIFICANT cost savings to justly the hassle and travel time to/from LAX to make it worth it IMO.

Uber is easy peasy, at SNA Taxis are also almost always on standby to just jump in and go.

LAX will always be the cheaper flight - from just about anywhere.

John Wayne airport is closest to DLR so transportation will be cheaper.

The Bob Hope airport is a good suggestion from mel2014 - it's small and easy to navigate. Transportation to DLR (Uber/taxi/towncar) will be just a little more than SNA.

I, too, would suggest a towncar over Uber. With luggage the service is worth the extra cost.

When are you traveling?
Who knows, lol. Right now I am really researching Disneyland as a back up trip for next year if we can't cruise. But I am wanting to cruise next year, so if all goes well with that plan, maybe in a few years. Just got back from San Diego, and we really liked that town. Kinda regret not going while we were there, but we will make it at some point.

The Bob Hope airport is a good suggestion from mel2014 - it's small and easy to navigate.
LGB is close as well.... it is Long Beach (not "Bob Hope") airport.

To clarify so no one ends up landing in a surprise location.
LGB= Long Beach Airport which is small, fairly close and a great option for DLR if wherever you are traveling from has flights there
BUR= Burbank Hollywood Airport, which used to be known as Bob Hope Airport. While still in the greater LA area, BUR is quite a ways from DLR and not necessarily a great option (unless your main destination is Universal Studios), though it is also pretty small and easy to navigate. I know we have folks on here who have gone in and out of BUR due to super cheap flight deals. It's not out of the realm of possibility. You can add ONT (Ontario) to this same list as a small airport that's further afield but still might be an option.

As to the greater question, I agree that I would do SNA or LGB long before LAX. But it all depends on availability, flight times and prices from wherever you are coming from.

Last time we took a taxi, the driver was ridiculously crazy.

And we had an Uber driver that was obviously high on something.
Can't label either group by the actions of one individual.

FWIW, we've had nothing but steller service from every cab we've taken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter