Airport question????

Tanya

Mouseketeer
What is the closest airport to fly into for Disneyland?... I have family in Cally and the only airport I have flew into has been LAX.... would that be the airport?

thanks....

1- Orange county/ John Wayne
2- Long Beach

They are about 12-16 miles from DLR.

If you're going to Disneyland, the John Wayne/Orange County airport is a way better option than LAX. The airfare will probably be higher, but the extra convenience, IMHO, is well worth it.

Lax isnt as close but it is almost always cheaper, I wouldn't mind paying a bit more, but LAX also has a far greater variety of flights as most of the other airports in the area open later and close earlier, or it seems that way. Whether or not it closes, they definately have less selection.

I always like to get there early and leave late though, others might have other preferences. I've flown into John Wayne and the difference in travel time is only about 20 - 25 mins I think.

We always fly into SNA (John Wayne - Orange County). The hassle to drive from LAX and the crowds there ... I don't want any part of it, I am on vacation! We usually get in around 10a or 11a and leave to go home around 2p or 3p.

SNA is smaller and easy to navigate in and out of.

It really is not that much more it was 213.00 cad more for the 5 of us to fly in to sna. Much closer and you avoid all the traffic. It also cheaper for vehicle rentals also than lax.

Thanks everyone!... I guess I have to look into John Wayne airport!

Thanks!

I did forget to add however that we can never get a direct flight into sna that's why we fly into lax and we just make sure our arrival and departure times don't fall within the rush hour period.

Just another option you might check is Ontario. It's about the same distance from Disneyland as LAX. I just prefer flying into the smaller airports when I visit SoCal. Living here in Portland (OR), there are many flights to LAX, ONT, SNA, and even Burbank or Long Beach. Given the choice, we'll avoid LAX if possible. Still, it does have the most flights in the area. Good luck!

drag n' fly said:
I did forget to add however that we can never get a direct flight into sna that's why we fly into lax and we just make sure our arrival and departure times don't fall within the rush hour period.

We fly out of STL and they always have a non-stop flight available. It's just booking it in time because it seems that it usually fills up quicker than the 1 stop flights for obvious reasons. There seems to be only one each day to and from SNA but I have never actually verified that though.

We live up in the boonies in Calgary and not a single airline offers direct flights into Sna which really is too bad because it is so much more a pleasant experience flying in there.

I know what you mean .. it is much nicer to get a direct flight. Although since it is only Dh and myself, we can get everything into carry-ons which helps when we have to do connecting flights.

AndrewL said:
If you're going to Disneyland, the John Wayne/Orange County airport is a way better option than LAX. The airfare will probably be higher, but the extra convenience, IMHO, is well worth it.

Ditto

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter