Airport shopping question

DeeCee735

"How Do You Know of the Key?"
Just wondering if any of you know if we can buy a bottle of vodka at MCO? We decided not to rent a car, and take ME instead, so we are not stopping at the store.

Also, does AKV Kidani sell things like soda, seltzer, coffeemate, coffee, etc?

TIA

Unfortunately, I don't know about buying Vodka at MCO but based on the other things you want I'd go with a grocery service, they'll deliver alcohol as well as groceries. I have used WEGO shop and have been very happy with them. The other grocery service is Garden Grocer, they have gotten wonderful reviews. With WEGO shop you have to be present to accept alcohol, I think that GG will leave it with bell services if you send ID proof in advance, hopefully someone can either confirm that or correct me.

Don't the stores at disney also sell some of the basic alcohol. I'd think vodka could be bought at Kidani.

Yes, we can buy vodka at the resort, but it's too expensive. At this point, I think my friend is just going to pack it in her checked luggage:confused3
I don't want to use a grocery service because all we really need is coffeemate, coffee, seltzer or soda, english muffins and chips and dip. It's not enough to warrant a delivery service and we will only be there for 3 mornings, so we don't need alot, thanks for the info though.

English muffins, chips, dip, soda, coffemate, and coffee at Kidani get a yes. Remember seeing all of it in March. Not sure about seltzer. Just pack the vodka in your checked luggage. We've done it 4 times this year without a problem. No sense paying resort or airport prices on that!

No alcohol that I could find at MCO. I think the only place is the duty free shop, which you have to have delivered to you as you board an international flight.

I love my vodka too. I buy it at home and put it in my "checked luggage". I wrap it up and put it in a large sealable bag in case it leaks. Plastic bottles are best. Just remember it has to be in your checked luggage you can not take put it in your carry on.

The WDW markup is about 2x on liquor. That's not completely horrible, all things considered, but you could just as easily have a service deliver the things you need at a very reasonable price.

After watching what happens to luggage out on the tarmac, I wouldn't pack a bottle---even a plastic one---on a bet, let alone to save a few bucks. Probably it makes it, but very unpleasant if it doesn't

if you wrap it up right you should have no problem with it in checked luggage. I have numerous times brought alcohol home from trips including 2 bottles of wine recently from food and wine. i usually line the bottom of suitcase with clothes, then wrap the bottle in a towel or clothes and put in middle of suicase on top of clothes layer then pack clothes araound the edges and on top to cushion it well. i have yet to break a bottle yet and i've even brought them back internationally

If you are going to pack liquor in your checked bags, I highly recommend these:

http://www.wineskin.net/

I brought 2 bottles of wine our last trip and had no problems at all. We have a local restaurant winery that sold them for about $3 each, and they are also reusable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter