• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airport x-ray/digital camera question

jimmiej

I invented the Naked Segway Tour
This will be my first trip with my new digital camera. How will the airport x-ray machine affect my camera, photo disks, batteries? I know it would ruin regular film, but what about digital? How do you pack your digital camera & accessories when flying?

I carry both a digital and 35mm camera and have never had a problem with the xray machines. I keep both in a camera bag and carry it on the plane with me. Everything should be fine.

Have a wonderful trip and be sure to post your pictures.

X-rays absolutely do not harm digital cameras and equipment. The machines that scan the carry-on bags won't even hurt 35mm film. (they did many years ago, though)

Just NEVER pack a camera of any kind with your checked luggage! First, it will most likely get broken, and second, the Xray machines are much stronger (only bad if using film).

So.....carry-on, and be confident!

Also if you put any camera equipment in your luggage and it gets lost, stolen or damaged - your insurance wont cover it. They have to be taken on as hand luggage.

Good question about X-ray machines, I just invested in my first digital video/camera and wondered about recorded data.

I read a great Camera tip the other day! Pack your camera and it's equipment in a insulated bag that you would use for food or canned soda,that fits. Now you have extra padding for those bumps,and bangs while camafloging you expensive Camera!! Who wants to steal someone elses lunch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter