Just Back: Actual AK AM EMH Report from Monday 3/25

Herding_Cats

DIS Veteran
Quick report since I know this gets asked a lot (I asked a month or so ago.) Morning EMH (8:00am EMH open) Monday, March 25.

Arrived at the park at 6:40am (drove our own car). Got in line at around 6:50 Bag check started at 7:00. Tapstiles “opened” at 7:15. We were about 10 people from the front and of course someone in front of us had a problem. Second mb checkpoint at the first split to the left (about 50 yards away.)

Held at the bridge in front of the tree of life until 7:20.

In the switchbacks for FoP at 7:25. In the “decontamination chamber” at 7:35.

Off the ride and in the gift shop at 8:01.

We pretty much didn’t stop walking until they assigned us to a flight room.

The line for FoP was past tiffins and ended in front of creature comforts at 8:15. Wait time said 135min.

10min wait for NRJ

10min wait for KS.

Last edited:
Was this for Saturday, March 23? If so, I offer our contrast to show what a difference 15 minutes makes!

Running late...DH couldn't remember which level he parked the car. Arrived at AK at 7:30 (goal was 7:10). Walked in without bags, straight to tapstiles, no wait, through to resort guest validation check.

Got in line at 7:35/7:40 by Tiffins. Line looped all the way to the bridge before Lion King (I've looped all the way to Lion King bathrooms once, so this wasn't as bad).

Walked off JUST FoP at 9:05.

You must have been VERY close to the front, if not the front!

Was this for Saturday, March 23? If so, I offer our contrast to show what a difference 15 minutes makes!

Running late...DH couldn't remember which level he parked the car. Arrived at AK at 7:30 (goal was 7:10). Walked in without bags, straight to tapstiles, no wait, through to resort guest validation check.

Got in line at 7:35/7:40 by Tiffins. Line looped all the way to the bridge before Lion King (I've looped all the way to Lion King bathrooms once, so this wasn't as bad).

Walked off JUST FoP at 9:05.

You must have been VERY close to the front, if not the front!

This was more than a 15 min difference. OP arrived at AK 50 min earlier than you. They were already in the decontamination room when you arrived. 50 min is a HUGE difference where FoP is concerned.

This was more than a 15 min difference. OP arrived at AK 50 min earlier than you. They were already in the decontamination room when you arrived. 50 min is a HUGE difference where FoP is concerned.

I agree the earlier the better! On march 9, we were there at 7:10, like I had wanted to be on Saturday, and were off FoP by 8:05.

We essentially "missed" the waiting at the tapstiles and holding prior to getting in line, but paid for it dearly with standing in the FoP line.

I agree the earlier the better! On march 9, we were there at 7:10, like I had wanted to be on Saturday, and were off FoP by 8:05.

We essentially "missed" the waiting at the tapstiles and holding prior to getting in line, but paid for it dearly with standing in the FoP line.

OHHHH....so the 15 min you meant was the 15 min between arriving at 7:10 and almost 7:30. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Quick report since I know this gets asked a lot (I asked a month or so ago.) Morning EMH (8:00am EMH open)

Arrived at the park at 6:40am (drove our own car). Bag check started at 7:00. Tapstiles at 7:15. Second mb checkpoint at the first split to the left.

Held at the bridge in front of the tree of life until 7:20.

In the switchbacks for FoP at 7:25. In the “decontamination chamber” at 7:35.

Off the ride and in the gift shop at 8:01.

The line for FoP was past tiffins and ended in front of creature comforts at 8:15. Wait time said 135min.

10min wait for NRJ

10min wait for KS.

Thanks for the update. We will be there next week. One question/clarification, where you held a the bridge from Oasis to Discovery Island or from Discovery Island to Pandora?

I need to take my son to get a DAS and the location has moved from GS to the Oasis Ticket corner located right by the Discovery Trading Post. I was hoping to be able to get that taken care of while "holding" for the EMH to open. If not that's fine too but maybe we will take advantage of a short wait time at KS and NRJ and then take care of the DAS.

Thanks!

OHHHH....so the 15 min you meant was the 15 min between arriving at 7:10 and almost 7:30. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Actually, OP noted being at the tapstiles at 7:15, while we were at 7:30. The vast majority of their waiting time was for the bag check, tapstiles, and being held at the tree of life. They got to walk right on. We walked straight into the park and didn't spend any time waiting in line till we hit Tiffins. I definitely prefer the early method. I'd much rather wait the 50 minutes at tapstiles and tree of life than the 90 minutes we spent waiting for FoP because we were 15 minutes late.

Actually, OP noted being at the tapstiles at 7:15, while we were at 7:30. The vast majority of their waiting time was for the bag check, tapstiles, and being held at the tree of life. They got to walk right on. We walked straight into the park and didn't spend any time waiting in line till we hit Tiffins. I definitely prefer the early method. I'd much rather wait the 50 minutes at tapstiles and tree of life than the 90 minutes we spent waiting for FoP because we were 15 minutes late.

Wow, I'm really missing things this morning. MUST. HAVE. MORE. COFFEE.

Thanks for helping at least me see what a difference the real 15 min makes! :D

OP - Well done. You giving specifics hopefully will help people understand how important it is to be AT the entrance early. Not in the parking lot 75 minutes early. Not getting on the bus 75 minutes early. Not leaving your room 75 minutes early. But actually being AT the entrance, waiting for the tapstiles, 75 minutes early.

It is amazing what difference a few minutes can make in a line. We saw the same thing at SDD and FoP. Both we were on in about 5 minutes, when we got off both were over 90 minutes.

Thanks for the update. We will be there next week. One question/clarification, where you held a the bridge from Oasis to Discovery Island or from Discovery Island to Pandora?

Thanks!

We were held very briefly on the bridge between oasis and discovery island. Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter