AK morning EMH - Safari Crowds

dreynolds1982

Mouseketeer
So, going to AK for the morning EMH during our trip, but we're not rope dropping FoP. We have FPs for Dino (945-1045...I know we won't need it but that's the way it shook out), EE (1045-1145) and NRJ (1235-135). We still plan on getting to the park at around rope drop at 8 a.m. Was thinking of going straight to KS and knocking that out, then hitting up EE a time or two before our Dino FP. Do most people still rush FoP or does KS get insta-busy too?

Mind if I ask when this is? Sometimes Kilimanjaro Safaris doesn't open for EMH or opens a bit later, which is why I'm asking.

This is for our trip in mid November (so not during the EEMH). Regular park opening is 9 a.m., EMH open is 8 a.m. Do you think KS still won't open till regular park open, or will it open at 8 a.m. with everything else?

This is for our trip in mid November (so not during the EEMH). Regular park opening is 9 a.m., EMH open is 8 a.m. Do you think KS still won't open till regular park open, or will it open at 8 a.m. with everything else?
KS opens at 9 every day by then. It changes with sunrise, not crowds. You can check the hours for any day on the Kilimanjaro Safari page on the WDW website. While those are subject to change it is extremely unlikely they will open KS earlier than the posted time due to the sunlight required.

Unfortunately, KS doesn't always open at the beginning of EMH and you may not know until you get there. It's still a good plan to try, but have a backup plan in place just in case they have a hiccup in getting the safari up and running.

Thanks for the tips! Think what I'll try to do is mod one of my tier 2 FPs (Dino/EE) day before or day of to change to an earlier KS one, and ride those other things during EMH. Right now KS only has mid afternoon availability and we'll be done with AK by then. If I can't, we'll just plan on getting there close to the 9 a.m. open.

Do they let people in line prior to open typically or does the line itself not start till 9 a.m.?

Every time I have gone for EMH at 8 am KS has been open and the line is always walk on. I don't see why it wouldn't be light enough in November for it to open at 8 am.

So, going to AK for the morning EMH during our trip, but we're not rope dropping FoP. We have FPs for Dino (945-1045...I know we won't need it but that's the way it shook out), EE (1045-1145) and NRJ (1235-135). We still plan on getting to the park at around rope drop at 8 a.m. Was thinking of going straight to KS and knocking that out, then hitting up EE a time or two before our Dino FP. Do most people still rush FoP or does KS get insta-busy too?

I’m so glad you asked this because I had no idea the safari didn’t always open with park open! We are also going mid November on a morning EMH day. I just checked the KS page on wdw.com and it doesn’t open until 9:00 on our selected AK day. We had planned to do the same as you and go there first!

I checked KS for our November date and it doesn't open until 9 am and there are EMH starting at 8 am that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter