AK - will this work?

SteveInOmaha

Mouseketeer
On our December trip, Animal Kingdom opens at 9 and Early Entry is at 8am. We will be thru security by 7:15am. Can we do Flight of Passage and then Navi River before 9am?

It should work if you stick with the 7:15. We were through security @ 7:30 on an 8AM EMH day and didn't get to the merge point in FoP until 9:02. The crowds can build really quickly.

It will depend on how many others share in your good plan. In theory, it works. How it plays out on that day....????

It should work if you stick with the 7:15. We were through security @ 7:30 on an 8AM EMH day and didn't get to the merge point in FoP until 9:02. The crowds can build really quickly.
Thanks!! I'm not sure what the merge point is. Can you help me out?
Also, was your trip shortly after the Pandora area premiered, or was it much more recent?

I would suspect you will have alot of people in front of you already. Unless the parks are not crowed when you are there.
We have done EMH for AK, arrived 1 hour before we could get in, still had a 20 minute wait. By the time we were out of FoP, it was 90 minutes. This was May.

Keep in mind, it seems like 99 out of every 100 people that do AK early head over to Pandora (which, personally, I love, because we prefer to do the Safari first).
Even getting there by 7:15, you could be looking at a 30 minute wait to get on FoP.

Is this the first two weeks of December or the rest the months after kids are out of school? BIG difference.

Keep in mind, it seems like 99 out of every 100 people that do AK early head over to Pandora (which, personally, I love, because we prefer to do the Safari first).
Even getting there by 7:15, you could be looking at a 30 minute wait to get on FoP.
Thanks! I can deal with 30 minutes. It’s our first time since the Avatar area opened, and we won’t be back for 6-8 years. (Although I WISH it was sooner!)

I would say you have a good chance of doing both rides by 9 but there is a chance you will not get there as early as you can and walk as fast as you can to the land ( CM do lead the way).

Monday, Dec. 3. The day AFTER Thanksgiving weekend.

I think you'll be fine. Get there as early as you can. Try to jockey for the front of the rope drop wave. Try to stay at the front when they walk you over. Ride FOP first. Navi should be a walk in when you get off of FOP. Sometimes they walk back 15-20 minutes before opening time and sometimes they dont.

Also, was your trip shortly after the Pandora area premiered, or was it much more recent?

So what happens with RD at AK is this:
Usually 30-45 min before opening, they will let you into Discovery Island - you will want to veer left to head to Pandora
Crowds are held at the bridge into Pandora right near Tiffins until about 15 minutes before "official" opening.
At that point, they form a line entering at the FP line to the ride (the "merge point" refers to where the regular line and the FP line meet before the pre-show area).

We were there last year and the year before, and were able to get both Pandora and NRR in before 9:20am (on a regular 9am opening day, no EMH).

The merge point is where the Fastpass and standby lines join. It's shortly before the first pre-show room. The trip in question was the 2nd week of August this year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts