AKL - Advice... Is it worth it?

My wife and I had a savanna room for our one and only visit to AKL; and we loved it.
We make the resort a part of our WDW vacation stay, taking our time getting ready in the morning watching the animals, returning in the afternoon for some down time, watching them in the evening before sunset, etc. If spending the additional money isn't a problem and you are going to spend enough time in your room to take advantage of the view than I would say yes. Otherwise there are plenty of public areas with great views of the savannas. Don't forget to check out the night vision binocular kiosk set up each evening, sorry can't remember which path to take but there are plenty of Cast Members around to point you in the right direction.

We have only done akl one time and that was a Savanah view room. I wouldn't stay in anyother view there

I stayed once at Kidani Village, but not in Jambo. It would be worth it to me, to stay in a Savanna room.

We have stayed at AKL several times and only once paid for the Savanna View. We loved it, and the view was absolutely incredible. However, almost every time we stayed in a standard view room we had a "partial-savanna view" which sufficiently satisfied our desire for a Savanna view. I personally would upgrade if the cost was half of what it is...but if this is a "one and only" AKL stay, I think I'd do it. Pool view (at Jambo) could be hit or miss...there is a savanna on the other side of the pool, so if you had a room at the end of the hall you'd almost have a full savanna view with a pool view price, but there are very few of those rooms and many more that are predominantly pool view.

We booked a standard room at AKL on Orbitz for a steal about 2 years ago. Someone decided to give us a complimentary upgrade to Savannah view. Now there is no way we can ever go back to a standard room. DH still always wants to go back and visit "his" giraffe-- the one that was hanging out about 10 ft from our balcony every single night for hours. That 'free' upgrade is going to end up costing us a fortune.
We booked one during a split stay last fall through orbitz for a steal, and I too was convinced we'd gotten an upgrade as our room overlooked a savanna and there were giraffes right there when we first entered our room. After coming home and researching I discovered that our room was still considered a standard view because it overlooked the "people pens" and so they don't use it as a savanna view. Either way, it was an amazing view and I did not want to leave the room.

We're on our last day at Kidani in a savannah view room. Perfect if you've got kids. They get up and run to the balcony looking for the different animals. You can sit and eat breakfast, without them saying "Let's go!"

I have a standard view Jambo booked for our next family trip --- looking at the maps, it seems there really are no "bad" standard views as the parking lot views are all the Value rooms. Has anyone here had a crappy "Standard View" at Jambo?

If you can afford it, I would 100% recommend upgrading. It’s an experience you can’t get anywhere else on property. We had a savanna view two years ago and ended up spending more time on the balcony than we normally would. It’s just a really cool, relaxing experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter