• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL bunk bed room

kdibattista

<font color=darkorchid>It left an indent the size
Has anyone stayed in a bunk bed room at AKL and can you tell me how cramped it is? I have seen pictures but I want to hear it first hand. We are taking a "family trip" (myself, DH, sister, her DH, mom, dad, sister and most like brother). My mom and dad will have my sister and my 17 yo brother. He is freaking because he thinks it will be too cramped. My mom might ($$$ depending) also book a standard room for him if we can get a really good deal.

Any thoughts???

We stayed in a bunk bed savannah view room in January. I don't think that the bunk bed takes up any more space than say another queen bed would. We weren't there with four adults though. It was me, DH and 2 DS's (ages 5 & 6). Although the bunk beds were large enough for me to lay next to my son in order to get him to go to sleep I would say it was a standard size twin bed. With the balcony it seems to open the room up a little, plus the vanity area is on the other side of a wall between the bed area and the bathroom. This makes it nice so it seems like there is a separate dressing area. The only thing I can think of is that there didn't seem to be an overwhelming amount of drawer space.

Hope this helps.

It should work just fine. I doubt you'll be spending enough time in the room to matter. There is also a table and two chairs, so if you are hanging out in the room you don't all have to sit on beds. I agree with adams66. The balcony also has table and two chairs to help out. We found if we were at the resort we were on the balcony or out of the room in the resort. It is too beautiful to just sit in your room. Have a great time!

Oops, forgot to mention that if you get connecting rooms with one of the couples, you can open that door and share living space. Door does not open right into the room. It's in that little hall before you enter the main part of the room, so you still feel like you have some privacy when the door is open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter