AKL Club availability question

WB1971

Mouseketeer
I have been looking at the 11 month window for a couple weeks now. What would explain the first day always being unavailable, but the next 6 always available? I get it's very limited availability and it books right at 11 months, but shouldn't I expect for furthest bookable 7 nights to be basically all blocked if it's booking right at 11 months? It's always just the first night it seems. What am I missing? Thanks.

Because people are also checking out on any day. There will be times that several days will be booked up too and not just the first day at 11 months. Without a set time frame like Sun-Sun for stays people are coming an going thru out a week.

I had been watching the same thing for a week or so and I was fortunate enough this week to be able to book 7 nights for next May. I would think there wouldn't be a need to walk one day at a time is there? If you have the reservation blocked off you could just wait until towards the end of the stay and add/remove multiple days at that point? Unless of course they are only wanting one specific day.

Last edited:

There may be some reservation walking going on:rolleyes1

A possible 5 rooms booking at 8am might include someone walking but it isn't the walking process per se because you need to call at 9am to do a walk.

Those CL rooms would be the only reason I would want to buy in there. But if it's that difficult to get a CL room at even 11 months out, that would be a serious let down.

Those CL rooms would be the only reason I would want to buy in there. But if it's that difficult to get a CL room at even 11 months out, that would be a serious let down.

I got it on my second day of trying. I had been watching for a bit to see if they were ever available other than at 8AM.....not very likely.

There 5 2BR lock-offs. So at most 5 studios and 5 1BR's and if someone books a 2BR then that number is reduced by that quantity. It's never been an easy reservation to get and I wouldn't recommend buying AKV with the thought you would always get it.

There 5 2BR lock-offs. So at most 5 studios and 5 1BR's and if someone books a 2BR then that number is reduced by that quantity. It's never been an easy reservation to get and I wouldn't recommend buying AKV with the thought you would always get it.
Right. I love the AKL, but it does seem like it can easily be gotten into at the 7 month mark, so I would be hesitant to buy in there.

Why, the rooms have the worse views, IMO that is why resorts/Disney let DVC have them. The lounge eats are okay but nothing to write home about, the service just so, so. We bought there, stayed CL a few times thinking that we were missing something, and sold all but one of the contracts.

:earsboy: Bill

Why, the rooms have the worse views, IMO that is why resorts/Disney let DVC have them. The lounge eats are okay but nothing to write home about, the service just so, so. We bought there, stayed CL a few times thinking that we were missing something, and sold all but one of the contracts.

:earsboy: Bill
That doesn't sound good at all.

That said, some people clearly love it, thus the rez walking. But buying AKV mostly for Club Level is bound to be a disappointment, because supply is so low for those units.

DH likes CL at AKV a lot, but it is very hard to get studios. We often "have" to book 1 bedrooms, but that's fine with us. We usually stay 3-5 nights, once a year.

Thanks for replies. I get people are checking out every day but still seems strange that only current day (11 mo to the day) is full multiple days of checking. Bill, some folks just enjoy the convenience and atmosphere of club lounge, and it's appealing to them. No reason to question why that would be important to someone. Different strokes...

Thanks for replies. I get people are checking out every day but still seems strange that only current day (11 mo to the day) is full multiple days of checking. Bill, some folks just enjoy the convenience and atmosphere of club lounge, and it's appealing to them. No reason to question why that would be important to someone. Different strokes...

As I mentioned there are times where you'll see it's booked up more than just the 11 month to the day. We stay Concierge periodically too - DH makes up the cost difference in espresso's I believe. :coffee: So I've seen it many times be more than just the 11 month day. But the single day gone shortly after 8am is something seen in many of the smaller room categories - BLT standard view, BWV standard view and BWV studios during F&W and probably a few others.

We've seen two or three days unavailable in the past. Keep in mind that once you have that first day, you have ever day past that blocked from anyone else. As long as someone is checking out on that next day, it will be available. If nobody is checking out, then more days will be unavailable.

Though I am not savvy at math and statistics, a friend who is explained to me that what you are seeing with 11 month reservations, where one day fills but others thereafter remain open, is actually what is more probable to occur than not, given the variables -- that there are a limited number of rooms, demand is high, members can and do book from 1 to 7 nights at 11 months out thus providing varying check-out dates, and the information you get online tells you only that either all rooms are full or that one is open. In fact, what you are seeing is actually something that commonly occurs for other rooms at 11 months out such as AKV value rooms and, particularly at times during the high demand last quarter of the year, BWV standard and boardwalk view studios, VGF studios, and BLT standard view rooms. Moreover, the same phenomenon often occurs at 7 months out for VGC studios, where one day fills extremely fast at 8 a.m. at 7 months out while days thereafter are still left open. It has actually been occurring lately at 7 months out for CCV rooms -- studios and 2BRs have filled on a daily basis right at 8 a.m. for Jan 1 to 6.

The club level studios (and thus also the 2BRs since all 2BRs are lock-offs) fill either before 11 months out or within moments after 8 a.m. at 11 months out, a little more than 80% of the calendar year, and for the period from late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan, DVC's high demand time of the year, it is close to 100% of the time.The 1BRs often remain open a little longer although even those can disappear right at or before 8 a.m. at 11 months out for about 60% of the time during the high demand season and 25% of the time during the rest of the year.

You should be aware that the value rooms have the same problem although not quite as severe. One should not buy AKV under the belief that you can usually get value or club level rooms at 11 months out.

Last edited:
Drusba, thanks for the thorough reply, makes sense as you state it. How would it book before 8am though? Can you get it to book before 8 sometimes? I've been frustrated with the website booking tool not working properly between 8 and 8:10 all week. Hard to get that booking when the site won't even let you get the search to work. Is that common? Fairly new owner am I, and this is my first try at booking right at 11 mo.

Drusba, thanks for the thorough reply, makes sense as you state it. How would it book before 8am though? Can you get it to book before 8 sometimes? I've been frustrated with the website booking tool not working properly between 8 and 8:10 all week. Hard to get that booking when the site won't even let you get the search to work. Is that common? Fairly new owner am I, and this is my first try at booking right at 11 mo.
Reservation walking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!