akl concierge worth it?

avalon

Earning My Ears
Is the concierge level really worth the extra money? It is going to cost me $130.00 more for concierge. I have 2 boys 11 and 14 who LIKE to eat! My thoughts were breakfast every morning, fill up on the appetizers at dinner and maybe it would not cost me so much to feed them at WDW high prices. Now I am concerned that the food might be too exotic at dinner etc. and they would not like the food. Anybody enlighten me on variety for a 5 night stay. How about breakfast/tea etc. Would you do again? Am thinking might be better to just cancel the concierge and eat out????

Made excuses to be there in time to sample, in fact. Mid-day and supper, it is not sufficient to make a meal, but there's certainly enough to take the edge off the appetite. AND they have a wonderful coffee machine - none of that wretched Nescafe! (can you tell I miss my 'resort' coffee?)

We only stayed two nights at AKL, and the food selection did not disappoint me! Breakfast was just outstanding - pastries, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, tea, juices, etc. etc. We ate one night at Boma's and the other night at the lounge. I enjoyed Boma's (gotta do it at least once!), but the evening concierge food was almost identical to what they served at the evening buffet - just not as big of a selection to choose from. However, since I generally come out on the losing end of an all-you-can-eat buffet (just don't eat my money's worth!), I would just fill up on the selections at the lounge next time. :D

Also, the concierge staff was SO nice! My DD and I were spending a couple of hours there one rainy afternoon - she was coloring in her activity book we found in the entertainment center, and I was taste testing the afternoon scones (yummy!:) - when one of the concierge staff offered to put a movie in the DVD for us. She had Monsters, Inc. so we chose that one since we hadn't seen it yet. She also gave my DD a puzzle to take home.

Have a great time!

Originally posted by avalon
Is the concierge level really worth the extra money? It is going to cost me $130.00 more for concierge. I have 2 boys 11 and 14 who LIKE to eat! My thoughts were breakfast every morning, fill up on the appetizers at dinner and maybe it would not cost me so much to feed them at WDW high prices. Now I am concerned that the food might be too exotic at dinner etc. and they would not like the food. Anybody enlighten me on variety for a 5 night stay. How about breakfast/tea etc. Would you do again? Am thinking might be better to just cancel the concierge and eat out.

I will be staying AKL concierge for the first time in Feb. So I can't speak from personal experience. But I have already been in contact with the staff and they have been wonderful. Don't forget to book the Sunrise Safari which in only available to AKL concierge guests.

Renee

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter