AKL Deluxe Room Vs. Standard

TapCat

Mouseketeer
What's the difference between a standard room and a deluxe room at AKL? (Sounds like I'm asking a joke, I know. But I don't have a punch line!)

I've stayed in both and the extra space in the deluxe rooms is minimal. FYI...some of the deluxe rooms only have 2 queen beds and a chair and sleep 4.

I assume you are asking about comparing standard savannah view and deluxe savannah view rooms, not a standard view (parking lot) room.

All deluxe savannah view rooms are on the 5th floor. Standard savannah view rooms are the lower floors.

Some like the lower floors as they are closer to the animals. We preferred our deluxe room (king bed and a day bed - sleeps up to 3) as we liked the more expansive views of the whole savannah.

Now we were there last in early December and the trees may not have been in full leaf. Even so, when were on the 2nd floor 'public' viewing areas, the only animals we could see were those right in front of us (same ones we had an excellent view of from our room). We couldn't see through the foliage to any of the many other animals also out on the savannah.

Go with what you are comfortable spending. Either way, you will be at a beautiful lodge with view of animals off your balcony.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter