• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKL DVC Studio with Savanna View Jambo house Questions

coastermom

<font color=red>Proud Redhead<br><font color=peach
Just rented a studio from Davids for Jambo house from 11/7-11/11 :goodvibes... I know all about the no housekeeping and other DVC stuff but here is my question I have stayed and paid full price for AKL Jambo house before and wanted to know if anyone had an idea of where the DVC Studios are ?? Are they all in one area ? I am the only one of the 4 of us who has been to AKL and was looking for an idea of where the rooms might be located !

Just rented a studio from Davids for Jambo house from 11/7-11/11 :goodvibes... I know all about the no housekeeping and other DVC stuff but here is my question I have stayed and paid full price for AKL Jambo house before and wanted to know if anyone had an idea of where the DVC Studios are ?? Are they all in one area ? I am the only one of the 4 of us who has been to AKL and was looking for an idea of where the rooms might be located !

DVC villas are all on the fifth and sixth floors. The sixth floor villas are the concierge level villas and are a separate booking category. Studios are scattered around the fifth floor.

Thanks so now I know we will be somewhere on the 5th floor ! Looking forward to the savanna view again it was worth every penny more !! :thumbsup2

I don't want to hijack this thread, but we are also looking forward to our first DVC experience at AKV in a Jambo savannah view studio (have stayed at AKL before). Anyone have advice in regards to what we should request, if anything, during online check-in?

DVC room requests should be made through Member Services through the owner who reserves. The on-line requests may not give anything more than savanna view. Our preferred location at Jambo is overlooking Arusha savanna (the one in the middle of the U-shaped building), along Zebra trail. You get good view and you face west avoiding blinding sun in the morning.

drusba said:
DVC room requests should be made through Member Services through the owner who reserves. The on-line requests may not give anything more than savanna view. Our preferred location at Jambo is overlooking Arusha savanna (the one in the middle of the U-shaped building), along Zebra trail. You get good view and you face west avoiding blinding sun in the morning.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does it matter when you have the member make your specific requests and when you do on-line check in? IOW, should the room requests be made before you do on-line check in or vice versa?

Does it matter when you have the member make your specific requests and when you do on-line check in? IOW, should the room requests be made before you do on-line check in or vice versa?

I typically would add your request as soon as you know what they are. Don't think there is any advantage to doing one over the other first. When we stayed at AKV in June. I had requested close to lobby when we booked. When I did online check in 60 days prior to arrival you have the option to pick 2 requested. Close to lobby was already checked for me so my 2nd request I made during online check in was sunset savanna and that's exactly what I got when I check in!

I typically would add your request as soon as you know what they are. Don't think there is any advantage to doing one over the other first. When we stayed at AKV in June. I had requested close to lobby when we booked. When I did online check in 60 days prior to arrival you have the option to pick 2 requested. Close to lobby was already checked for me so my 2nd request I made during online check in was sunset savanna and that's exactly what I got when I check in!

Just curious why you picked Sunset Savanna? We've never stayed there before so I'm trying to decide what my requests should even be . . .

Just a warning that you may not get what you request. We requested Sunset savanna and close to lobby. We got Pembe savanna at the farthest possible point from the lobby. They said they were all booked and were not able to switch our rooms. Bummer since we are here for 10 nights.

Just curious why you picked Sunset Savanna? We've never stayed there before so I'm trying to decide what my requests should even be . . .

Went with sunset savanna as I read on the boards which animals were on what Savanna and the ones in sunset were more of an appeal to us. Plus I knew that the bus stop was on that side of the resort so I figured we be closer to transportation. I loved our room location. We were on the 4th floor first block of rooms closest to the south elevator. We walked out or room few steps to elevator turned left and the door that took you to the bus stops was right there. Couldn't have been more happier.

Just a warning that you may not get what you request. We requested Sunset savanna and close to lobby. We got Pembe savanna at the farthest possible point from the lobby. They said they were all booked and were not able to switch our rooms. Bummer since we are here for 10 nights.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Pembe savanna at Kidani not Jambo. OP is asking about Jambo. But, you are correct any request is judt that a request, not a guarantee.

You can have the member make your requests at any time. Also, you can do online checkin yourself. Just link your DVC reservation to your account. Then when you checkin online you can add your requests (up to two) yourself.

You can have the member make your requests at any time. Also, you can do online checkin yourself. Just link your DVC reservation to your account. Then when you checkin online you can add your requests (up to two) yourself.

I emailed the member yesterday and asked her to add Arusha Savanna, Zebra Trail to my reservation. Then I went and did online check in. I was able to add Arusha Savanna, but there wasn't an option for Zebra Trail, only Kudo Trail. Does that mean that Zebra Trail isn't available? Anyway, I only selected Arusha Savanna and didn't make a 2nd request. Hopefully, the member putting in my request for both will work. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter