AKL Pros & Cons

1,000,000% disagree
(snip)

Experiencing a transit system as a business traveler isn’t nearly the same thing as living in a place and relying on public transit day in and day out, no matter how well traveled you are. If you’ve never waited an hour for a bus outside WDW you’ve never missed a connection in the middle of the day in suburban sprawl cities like Phoenix. That was a regular occurrence when I lived in Tempe and relied on Valley Metro to get to 2nd shift work, and that was one of the better transit cities in the Valley because of ASU’s presence.

No, Disney isn’t a cash strapped taxpayer funded outfit. But as someone who has lived and worked and relied on buses coast to coast I maintain that most of the complaints I see on the boards are from people not used to taking public transit. Route diversions due to accidents or construction are a thing outside the bubble. Schedules changing between the morning/evening rushes are a thing everywhere. “I just missed it and then I had to wait 30 minutes” is a thing outside the bubble. “All these buses except mine came” happens outside the bubble. “Suddenly it started making All the Stops instead of the 2 I thought it would” is 100% a thing that happens to anyone ever who has ever taken an MTA bus or subway in life lol. It doesn’t meant that Disney can’t or shouldn’t do better but it’s peak comedy to think a lot of this isn’t stemming from culture shock from folk who drive everywhere in their daily lives.

Experiencing a transit system as a business traveler isn’t nearly the same thing as living in a place and relying on public transit day in and day out, no matter how well traveled you are.

Except when I travel to the same cities every other week the whole year.....

I would also say Phoenix is about the most opposite of Disney of any major city. Especially more so than the east coast cities I am in a ton. Like I said I live by a top 5 major metro area which also has real time bus GPS for you to check with timing every 10 mins for stops quite a bit.

Last edited:
I find AKL's location to be a PRO. We have a car and get around quite easily (plus love the convenience and proximity to 192). I love that it feels so remote from the hustle and bustle of the parks. It's like a beautiful serene spa.

Absolutely Love this resort ! Beside the animals and amazing lobby, i think Jambo pool is great and LOVE the MARA !! Its defiantly one of the best QS on property,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter