AKL-Views,etc.

KarenMick

Mouseketeer
We will be staying at AKL May 8th-14th. We were told we had a Savanna view, (POFQ relo.). I was wondering if there is a preferred wing, floor that I could possibly request? Any tips for an enjoyable stay would also be appreciated. We're very excited about our "exotic" new hotel and want to make the most of it.:smooth:

Most people think that Zebra trail is the best.

THere are TONS of threads here on these boards about AKL--why not skim through and read back a bit, it will probably answer every question you could possibly have!

Anne

Congrats.... you will LOVE the savannah view. Here is a map with detailed room numbers.

http://www.wdwig.com/aklmap3.jpg

We stayed on the 4th floor, Zebra Trail overlooking the Arusha Rock savannah and it was great!!! If you have small children, you may want to request close to the lobby. It can be quite a hike to the outer rooms.... especially after a looooong day at the parks. Hope this helps!!!

On our last trip to AKL we had room #2239, it was a pretty bad people pen view. I would actually avoid most the rooms on the Sunset Savannah in that section. Ideally try requesting a room on Zebra Trail, 3rd floor or higher. You will be on the same side of the resort as the resaurants, the pool, and pretty much everything else.

I would also highly recommend Zebra Trail b/c of its close proximity to restaurants, pool, and bus stop.

Have fun! AKL is awesome!

When we were there in April 2002 we had room 2226 on the Kudu Trail. We felt we had an excellent view of the animals! AKL is outstanding - you will have a great time!

Karen Mick
If you wouldn't mind sharing what is your cost of the room including tax per night. The reason I am asking is because we are staying at AkL the first week of may and are pending on the idea of a savannah room. You can private e mail me if you like.
Thanks ,Amber

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter