AKV Concerge?

Stickytutu

Earning My Ears
We are considering using our first points at AKV for the Concerge rooms. Are they worth it. Has anyone done the sunrise or sunset special deals. And is it worth the extra money, what else do you get for the extra points?

Thanks,

We are considering using our first points at AKV for the Concerge rooms. Are they worth it. Has anyone done the sunrise or sunset special deals. And is it worth the extra money, what else do you get for the extra points?

Thanks,

Just a FYI...........Club level access rooms won't be available until May of 2008.

Thanks,

You can read about the Concierge level on all ears. But basically it's like having a dedicated host. They have access into the computer system so they can book reservations for you, and help you with pretty much anything you would want to go to Guest Services for.

The real question about is it worth the extra money/points is what do you use your room for? If the room is just a place to sleep and shower, I doubt you can justify it. If you are going down and are going to spend time at the resort, then it might be.

Based on the all ears reviews of the sunrise trip, I know a number of people said that getting the concierge level room was worth it JUST for that.

I know my wife and I are looking forward to next summer when we can go down and use some points to stay there. We waited on DAKV to open before buying because it was what we really wanted.

johno

Thanks,

Also, keep in mind that, by the sounds of things, there's going to be a VERY limited number of AKV Concierge rooms. We've heard 5 2BR lock offs which, at max, is only 10 rooms (assuming all are reserved as 1 BR or studio).

I will NOT pay those prices or use my points until Disney GUARNTEES me a Savannah view... (which they don't!)

We did the sunrise safari when we stayed in the concierge and it was worth every penny. You get up close and personal with the animals and the trucks stop so that you can get pictures - not the constant motion that you get when you ride during park hours. Also, the animals are just out and they are all visible, eating. I got wonderful pictures of the lions. The food was DELICIOUS, plentiful, and we took our time. It was something we did once and I think if we did it again, it wouldn't be the same. But definitely take advantage if you can.

In my opinion worth every penny. We did AKL Club level in June 05 with my four year old. I think he loved the club level more than my DW and I. We'd usually start there in the morning for a quick bite to eat and end the day with a cookie and milk for my DS and a drink or two for me and my DW. The club level staff was great - very helpful.

The Sunrise Safari was awsome. We parked literaly ten feet from one of the Rhinos for about five minutes while he grazed. We got great pictures. The breakfast was wonderful as well. My only negative was the breakfast didn't start until 9am, which was the same time as the park opening. I would like to have finished eating before they opened the park so we could get over to Dinoland to start our day. I view this as a minor issue, and I look forward to doing the safari again when my DD is a bit older.

We stayed AK concierge this past December. We did it so that we could take the Sunrise Safari. The safari was wonderful, and I highly recommend it. The food offerings were great too. DH's parents live nearby and it was nice to have that area to sit and visit with them. They had a wonderful South African liquor out called "Amarula" which has become our favorite--yum, yum. :thumbsup2

We stayed AK concierge this past December. We did it so that we could take the Sunrise Safari. The safari was wonderful, and I highly recommend it. The food offerings were great too. DH's parents live nearby and it was nice to have that area to sit and visit with them. They had a wonderful South African liquor out called "Amarula" which has become our favorite--yum, yum. :thumbsup2

They serve liquor at the Sunrise Safari? Is it served like a Bellini?:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter