AKV DVC model?

las3888

DIS Veteran
Sorry I have not been on the boards as much as I would like to lately. I'm sure this has been discussed before, but I was wondering if there any models or anything of interest for existing DVC owners to see over at AKV. We will be going down in about 10 days and if there's something to see, maybe we'll make a trip over there. Thanks!

The AKV models are located in the theater at SSR. It's open to members from 5pm-7pm. If you want a preview, click on the links in my signature to see some photos my DH took back in April of the 1BR and studio model rooms.

Wow - thanks for the photos...now I'm not sure I will even need to head over there! The rooms look nice and I love the tv's!!!

We saw the models at SSR and in April, we felt we had to go over to AKL just to take it all in and imagine what it will be like to stay in villas there. It's a visit that really got us pumped up. Can hardly wait to call in a reservation, and can't wait to September to hopefully stay there! The little preview venture was worth it, we were there at many of the animals' feeding times. We saw the family of giraffes getting new branches and other animals following the feeding jeep, and the birds by the flamingos were getting new food too.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Wow - thanks for the photos...now I'm not sure I will even need to head over there! The rooms look nice and I love the tv's!!!
We just saw the models last night. There were a few changes since DH took those photos back in April. We took pictures but don't have the cable with us to allow us to upload them (D'oh!) so I'll take care of that next week. So I'll have to try to describe the changes:

- The bench seat in the dining area now has a red orange cushion. The dining chairs have been changed to something in a lighter wood, matching the color of the bench. Now everything looks co-ordinated and very nice! Everything was very comfortable.

- There are two bar stools in the kitchen (for the breakfast bar).

- The chair in the bedroom looks a bit different but it might just be the difference between seeing a photo and seeing it in person. Photos make the seat look like "leatherette" but it's actually cloth.

- There is a new armoire and dresser in the studio. The new armoire is still rustic looking, but much more exotic and more interesting than the previous one. The dresser in the studio is also different, lighter in color so it is more in keeping with the rest of the furnishings. The pack and play is still in the bottom drawer area.

All in all, the furnishings are really coming together now. I sat on almost every piece of furniture and everything is pretty comfortable. I thought the arms of the sofa in the 1BR looked hard but they are well padded and overall, the sofa is very comfortable. The sleeper chair is also quite comfortable -- very roomy since it is as wide as a single bed.

The bed in the 1BR is quite high. I had to jump up a bit to sit on it. I'd say it's about 2 inches higher than the one here at VWL. The carved headboard looks even better in person.

I would encourage everybody to go take a look at the models. I feel even more excited now about what they are building. Granted, these are the models for the Kidani Village, so I hope the furnishings in Jambo House will be along the same lines and just as nice!

By the way, they shut the doors to the models at 7pm sharp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter