AKV Grand Villa Reservation

btkemper.1212

Charter Member AKV
We joined the DVC in 2007 with our home property being Animal Kingdom Lodge/Villas. We have stayed at Jambo house 3 times and have used our points to explore the many options available to us without ever losing a single point. Our vision from the very beginning was to someday be able to take our entire family to WDW and stay in one of the Grand Villas at AKL. That time is now.
The timing will be best to move the coveted trip to the summer of 2025. Any tips on how to get the best savanna view at Jambo? Of the 6 room options only 2 look like they have good views without fences.
Also, if we reserve at Jambo hoping for one of the rooms with the best views are we locked into only Jambo or could we request one of the Grand Villa rooms at Kidani as a backup? Thank you

Also, if we reserve at Jambo hoping for one of the rooms with the best views are we locked into only Jambo or could we request one of the Grand Villa rooms at Kidani as a backup? Thank you
At AKV, building is a booking category, not a request. If you book Jambo House, your room will be in Jambo House.

Jambo and Kidani are 2 separate booking categories, so you'll have to choose one. If a GV is available when you book at Jambo, you'll be getting a villa at Jambo. All you really can do is make a request for a particular location. I know there are maps available, posted on these boards, showing the locations of these rooms. But with only 6 of them at Jambo, you literally could be getting the only one that's available on your check-in day.

I assume you have looked at the GVs at the 2 AKL locations? The Kidani GVs are very different from those at Jambo. We've done the Jambo GVs, and it's a massive single-floor, amazing layout, with a balcony that probably could hold 30 people! The Kidani GVs also look stunning, but are located on 2 floors. I believe the master br/bath, kitchen, living area are first floor, and 2 bedrooms and a loft on the second floor - very different look and feel.

Our only request for our Jambo GV was to NOT be in the one overlooking the flamingos by the pool!! Those birds can get loud at times. But in reality, if you have a GV savanna view at either place, it's amazing. Good luck and hope this all works out for you!

Our second DVC stay waaaay back when was at a GV at Jambo. Our room was at the end of Zebra trail and was amazing. It was all one floor and we even had a pool table! This was probably close to 15 years ago and with refurbs don’t quote me on that pool table.

It was a long walk to the lobby but we didnt care, you see, Mr. Iger was on vacation with his family and was in a room down the hall from us. One time as we walked by, his door was propped open by housekeeping and we had to stick our heads in. Our GV was better😉

( Our favorite day was the day it rained. We sat on the enormous balconies and drank wine and ate trailmix and watched the animals frolic.)

Our second DVC stay waaaay back when was at a GV at Jambo. Our room was at the end of Zebra trail and was amazing. It was all one floor and we even had a pool table! This was probably close to 15 years ago and with refurbs don’t quote me on that pool table.

It was a long walk to the lobby but we didnt care, you see, Mr. Iger was on vacation with his family and was in a room down the hall from us. One time as we walked by, his door was propped open by housekeeping and we had to stick our heads in. Our GV was better😉

( Our favorite day was the day it rained. We sat on the enormous balconies and drank wine and ate trailmix and watched the animals frolic.)
Pool table still there in 2017! And I believe it's in the Jambo GVs. All the GVs are on the end of the 'spokes', so the walk back can seem longer....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter