• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

AKV Kidani Savannah Studio- locations closest to pool (and car vs bus question)

DisneyAndRedSox

I still call it a WEDWay PeopleMover!
We are staying 3 nights in a Savannah Studio in Kidani and I have planned some pool time for DD. Should we request a room in a certain location?

Few things about our plans:
We will have a car and only plan on using the bus on MK days (please tell me if I am wrong on this, I assume a car is faster from AKV except going MK to avoid the TTC).
We aren't doing the meal plan, so I won't be walking to the mug refill station. I will buy breakfast items so we don't need to walk to the quick service restaurant.
I plan on doing some laundry before we check out and move to BCV.

Thanks everyone! ;)

I would recommend requesting "close to pool, sunset savanna, 2nd floor." This is where our savanna view room was and it was a great location. Sunset savanna is the one with the giraffes and zebras, and 2nd floor allows you to be more eye-level with the giraffes. Remember though a request is not a guarantee. Hope you have a great trip to Kidani!

Request Sunset Savanna view, close to the Rafiki elevator. The pool is off the north wing of Kidani. The Rafiki elevator is between the second and third buildings units on the north wing and provides the shortest walk possible to the pool when you take it to the parking garage and walk out from there. You are also not that far from lobby and other amenities. You should also include that Sunset Savanna view request because requesting near Rafiki elevator could possibly result in a room overlooking Pembe savanna which has no giraffes

You guys are awesome, I never thought that savannas have different animals in each! I know DH & DD want to see giraffes so I am definitely going to call and at least try. AKV/AKL Savannah view has always been on DH's "hotel bucket list," so this was the next best thing after we got snowed out of Aulani last month and started planning this trip. :sad:

Another thing, since I am putting in a request... should I still do online check in or wait until we get there?

Agree with other posters. We had sunset view but at the end so we never saw giraffes. Definetly request by pool/elevator

Requests should be made well before you arrive and made through MS either via email on the official DVC site or by calling. Do not use the request section in the online check-in as it is designed for cash paying guests and you cannot make the kinds of requests you can otherwise do through MS.

Requests should be made well before you arrive and made through MS either via email on the official DVC site or by calling. Do not use the request section in the online check-in as it is designed for cash paying guests and you cannot make the kinds of requests you can otherwise do through MS.

I did it today via chat on DisneyVacationClub.com :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter