AKV Value Villa Floor Plan!

LisaS

DIS Veteran
The OC website has published new AKV documents showing our first Value villas! Here is the floor plan for half of Unit 46. It consists of 2 2BR lockoffs, but I'm only showing one of them here:

81115Unit46_2BR_Value.GIF

For comparison, here is a floor plan for the larger villas. It looks like the kitchen and bathroom areas are the same size and that it is the master bedroom and the living area that are smaller in the Values. These images appear to be similar in scale, so you can see that the master bedroom in the Value is pretty cozy compared to the larger villa. It will be interesting to see how they furnish the master bedroom and the living areas because for the master bedroom in particular, it doesn't look like there is room for much more than just the bed in that room!

81115Unit_25_Medium_Image.GIF

To make it easier to see how the Value villas compare, I created some side-by-side images. The rooms are the same width. The difference is in the length of the master bedroom, the living area in the 1BR and the living/sleeping area of the studio. The size difference is about 40 sq ft in each bay. I think the rooms are about 12 feet wide, so the difference in length is around 3 ft 4 inches.

Here are side by side images of the master bedroom and bath area, the kitchen and living room, and the studios:

81115ValueMasterComparison.GIF

81115ValueLivingRoomComparison.GIF

81115ValueStudioComparison.GIF

To save on points I think it's worth giving up a few square footage....

Are the value rooms savannah view?

Approximately 3 ft 4 in less in the studio section? Thanks for the info.
OC = Orange County?

When I was going through things to throw away, I came across lots of drawings that you seem to have used to illustrate to all of us here. Really, I can't thank you enough for interpreting all of those things.

I think Value would work for me and DH sometimes. We have a Value studio one night in December, a Saturday night. Our only stay at AKL was a bargain rate but in the room that had no view to speak of, down by the bus stop. (Silver lining, just a stairway from the pool.)

It's just that I do want to invite a special DCuz next Sept. There would be 3 Adults in the 2 bedroom, and I'm borrowed well into '09 because of the June Anniversary trip with VB and BWV. Do I "splurge" on SV or go with Value?? Only I can answer that, I know. Since I want to book in October, there won't even be reports to go by. Another DCuz is coming with us next month, we have 2 Savannah view studios. DH is coming this year, and studios "work" but next year it's just 3 cousins and I think that together would be "nicer," hence, we "need" a 2 bedroom, and quite frankly, the price is right!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Approximately 3 ft 4 in less in the studio section?
In the studios, the bathroom and kitchenette areas appear to be exactly the same size so the difference will be in the living/sleeping area which will be 3.33 feet shorter in the Value studio.

Similarly, in the 1BR/2BR villas, the bathroom and kitchen areas will be the same size so the difference will be that the living room is 3.33 feet shorter and the master bedroom is 3.33 feet shorter.

OC = Orange County?
Yes.

When I was going through things to throw away, I came across lots of drawings that you seem to have used to illustrate to all of us here. Really, I can't thank you enough for interpreting all of those things.
It's been fun tracking the progress of the Jambo House conversion.

I think Value would work for me and DH sometimes. We have a Value studio one night in December, a Saturday night. Our only stay at AKL was a bargain rate but in the room that had no view to speak of, down by the bus stop. (Silver lining, just a stairway from the pool.)
I think for those of us who have stayed in the "standard" size rooms at AKL, a Value studio will feel familiar -- put a kitchenette where the closet was, put an armoire where the little fridge used to be, put a sofa where one of the queen beds used to be and ... you have a Value studio. We were always quite comfortable in a standard size AKL room so I think the Value studio will be just as comfortable and a bargain compared to AKL room rates! And even if you were unlucky and got one of the very few parking lot view rooms, they are on the opposite end from the bus stop so at least you won't be looking at and hearing the buses from your balcony.

It's just that I do want to invite a special DCuz next Sept. There would be 3 Adults in the 2 bedroom, and I'm borrowed well into '09 because of the June Anniversary trip with VB and BWV. Do I "splurge" on SV or go with Value?? Only I can answer that, I know. Since I want to book in October, there won't even be reports to go by. Another DCuz is coming with us next month, we have 2 Savannah view studios. DH is coming this year, and studios "work" but next year it's just 3 cousins and I think that together would be "nicer," hence, we "need" a 2 bedroom, and quite frankly, the price is right!
Fortunately there may only be two Value 2BRs that face the parking lot, but if you are lucky enough to avoid those, you still have an fairly equal chance of pool view rather than savanna view.

My guide told me this past July that the AKv value rooms will have a parking lot /pool view- no savannah

My guide told me this past July that the AKv value rooms will have a parking lot /pool view- no savannah
According to the AKV FAQs page on the public DVC website about half of the Value villas will have a savanna view. They will face the Sunset Savanna. Here is the info from the FAQs page:

Approximately half of the Value Accommodations and Kilimanjaro Club Concierge rooms have a Savanna View. The rest have a Standard View, which includes a view of the pool, garden or parking lot.

Thanks Lisa! I, for one, would have no problem saving a few points by booking a Value villa. I am very happy I bought into AKV so I can snag them in the 11-month window the same as I can snag Standard View villas over at BWV :).

Thanks Lisa! :banana:

I just got back from a camping trip and saw that you were on top of the AKV progress!

I think those value 2 bedrooms would work nicely for us. We are a family of 4 that likes the 2 bdrms but that point price is a lot nicer than BCV!

I just got back from a camping trip and saw that you were on top of the AKV progress!
If you take a look at this thread I think we finally have confirmation that there will be very few villas with a parking lot view. We've seen a few variations of the outline of AKV, but this latest drawing lists all of the Unit numbers and there is only one Unit that faces the parking lot and it consists of 6 bays. I expect they will put 2 2BR lockoffs in there.

I got a dedicated value studio for december. Are those in the new plans? The OC website does not work for me at work.

If you take a look at this thread I think we finally have confirmation that there will be very few villas with a parking lot view. We've seen a few variations of the outline of AKV, but this latest drawing lists all of the Unit numbers and there is only one Unit that faces the parking lot and it consists of 6 bays. I expect they will put 2 2BR lockoffs in there.

Thanks for the link. I had promised my DH not to go on the forums until I unpacked. I bent the rules just a little. :rolleyes1 :surfweb:

Finally got it working. It looks like 4 savanna value and 4 pool view dedicated studios. Awesome. I am so excited for December.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter