Alamo rental with invalid coupon

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
I reserved a car with Alamo back in September and used a coupon in addition to Costco. When I went to check the ressie the other day, the coupon is no longer valid. I keep getting an error message that says "coupon no longer valid" and it won't even let me see the reservation. I ended up booking a brand new reservation. I don't know what to do with the old one, I can't get into it to cancel it.

I had the same problem with coupon AD2365FDN last week for my 12/2 reservation. I contacted them and was advised that the coupon has expired [even though their own website shows it valid until 12/31/2018]. Since I originally used the coupon I have found out it is for members of AOPA - Airline Pilot Association - which I am not qualified to use, so I didn't argue about keeping it.

Since rates are so much higher now then when I initially booked, I asked him to just remove the coupon which he did with no problem. Kind of sucks in one way because I might have been able to get a slightly better rate if I would have known about this earlier; but it is what it is.

I had the same problem with coupon AD2365FDN last week for my 12/2 reservation. I contacted them and was advised that the coupon has expired [even though their own website shows it valid until 12/31/2018]. Since I originally used the coupon I have found out it is for members of AOPA - Airline Pilot Association - which I am not qualified to use, so I didn't argue about keeping it.

Since rates are so much higher now then when I initially booked, I asked him to just remove the coupon which he did with no problem. Kind of sucks in one way because I might have been able to get a slightly better rate if I would have known about this earlier; but it is what it is.

Haha, I was using the same one so I have no issues losing it. Just didn't want to have to call to get rid of that ressie.

I checked in for my 12/2 - 12/9 reservation using that coupon code a 2 weeks ago without a problem. I have the printout for my check-in and it doesn't even reference the coupon. I wonder what is going to happen when I pick up the car?

Haha, I was using the same one so I have no issues losing it. Just didn't want to have to call to get rid of that ressie.

I don't like calling them either, so I just emailed them and heard back within a couple of hours. Their email customer service is very quick and efficient and I don't feel like I am talking to "Peggy" like the Discover card commercial. :p

I checked in for my 12/2 - 12/9 reservation using that coupon code a 2 weeks ago without a problem. I have the printout for my check-in and it doesn't even reference the coupon. I wonder what is going to happen when I pick up the car?

You might be okay since you have the barcode print out and can go straight to the garage. BUT, no-one will be able to tell you with 100% certainty. I was a little frustrated that it did this just a week before I am set to leave, but I have no basis to argue on. :crazy2:

A few years ago there was a coupon code that did the same thing to many of the dis'ers. The majority of us got held up at the garage check out booth with the expired coupon code. Some were successful in keeping the discount as the employee would override the error code, but there were several that lost the discount. Just think of it this way - the worst that can happen is you lose a $30 discount because they most likely would not void the entire reservation price.

Just wanted to mention that I had the same thing showing on the website. At MCO decided to use the kiosk to check in and it went thru fine with the coupon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter