Alcohol with breakfast at resort?

KittieKat

Boy mom/twin mom
If we use a quick service credit for breakfast at our resort (all star music), we can get an alcoholic beverage? I see mimosas on the menu. Are those in the fridge area? Or made to order?

Yes. I don’t know about mimosas but I know you can get wine or beer from the refrigerator and drink it later.

We got beer the few times we ate at the resort (2 breakfast 1 dinner), and took them back to the room for later. We had mugs so didn't need beverages.

Yes. I don’t know about mimosas but I know you can get wine or beer from the refrigerator and drink it later.

FYI I have heard there has been some crackdown of this and some places require you to open the bottle in front of them so you can't bring it back to your room for later. YMMV

FYI I have heard there has been some crackdown of this and some places require you to open the bottle in front of them so you can't bring it back to your room for later. YMMV

That’s dumb. I wonder why they care when you drink it.

That’s dumb. I wonder why they care when you drink it.

I'm sure there's an element of liability that goes along with it, if they sell it to you they are liable if anything happens that is related to you being intoxicated. Within the parks there's a greater element of control. I know in MA there are laws that explicitly hold restaurants accountable if they over-serve and then the person who was intoxicated injures someone else even if it happens after they leave the bar/restaurant.

I'm sure there's an element of liability that goes along with it, if they sell it to you they are liable if anything happens that is related to you being intoxicated. Within the parks there's a greater element of control. I know in MA there are laws that explicitly hold restaurants accountable if they over-serve and then the person who was intoxicated injures someone else even if it happens after they leave the bar/restaurant.

I guess, but they sell the exact same bottled beers in the gift shop and you don’t have to open them right there.

I guess, but they sell the exact same bottled beers in the gift shop and you don’t have to open them right there.
Perhaps the stores have a different type of liquor license.
Here, a local grocery store can sell beer but you can be fined for drinking it on the street coming out of that store so you'll see a lot of people drinking beer encased in a paper bag.
On the other hand you used to be able to drink at a bar front and smoke a cigarette and it was legal until the city changed the cigarette laws.

Many state's liquor license laws are kind of strange and archaic.

To add to this~they also sell bottles of hard alcohol at the counter! At least at the beach club store they do.

I don’t drink coffee or soda, so usually get OJ with breakfast. We’re doing the dining plan on our next visit and DH would like to grab a beer for later in the day. He definitely would not want to open it and drink it at 7 am with his eggs and Mickey waffles. :crazy2:

To add to this~they also sell bottles of hard alcohol at the counter! At least at the beach club store they do.

I don’t drink coffee or soda, so usually get OJ with breakfast. We’re doing the dining plan on our next visit and DH would like to grab a beer for later in the day. He definitely would not want to open it and drink it at 7 am with his eggs and Mickey waffles. :crazy2:

Safest bet is to plan on NOT being able to bring anything out of the restaurant, ask when you're there, and maybe you'll get a pleasant surprise. It's also possible that beer won't even be available before a certain time of day, so definitely keep that in mind too.

Perhaps the stores have a different type of liquor license.

That may be, but it definitely isn't consistently enforced if that is the case. At the Poly, but DH has lots of times gone and bought a beer at Captain Cooks and then brought it back to the room to drink it.

I think I would have asked for some clarification about when this policy went into place if the CM checking me out in a resort QS insisted that I open my beer right there at the register.

Sunshine Seasons made me open my drink in 2015. So I’m not surprised it’s at the resorts now.

Yes that happened to us at Epcot last Dec in the Land

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter