Elmer_the Tortoise

Earning My Ears
Why are the alcoholic drinks in WDW so weak?

No really...why? My last trip I had several drinks throughout the trip at several places. They were all delicious, but incredibly weak. Has anyone else had this experience?

Last edited:

1) Weaker drinks slow people from getting drunk and misbehaving in public.
2) Less booze saves money.
This ⬆ and I'll add
3) Because people will put up with it because it's "Disney"
4) Same reason they put up with using Bacardi rum at Trader Sam's when no serious Tiki Bar would.

I'm a lightweight, even though I have several drinks throughout the week. After the exhaustion of walking around the parks, I definitely feel those weak drinks 😂.

My husband and I both thought our drinks at Oga's had a decent enough amount of liquor, though. But again, that could have been the effects of little sleep and caring for a toddler.

They were all delicious, but incredibly weak.

Perhaps you answered your own question. If they are delicious, why would Disney need to make them stronger?

From the consumer’s prospective, why do you need them stronger if they are delicious as is?

No really...why? My last trip I had several drinks throughout the trip at several places. They were all delicious, but incredibly weak. Has anyone else had this experience?

YES! We have experienced that too but not everywhere. I think it's due to portion control and not wanting to waste a single dollar. I miss the days of the wine add on to the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts