Ale and Compass at YC

tramps’lady

Mouseketeer
got a question for anyone who has eaten since reopening.

the last two times, we've gone sept 27 and Oct 21, the little readers have not asked for our pin number when paying with a magic band. In September I was told the device was probably just not switched over from the NBA players. Last night I was told it was my magic band even though this is the only place this has happened.

Anyone else experience this same thing or is it just me?

Sorry to say but Ale and Compass has gone a bit downhill since opening. our last two meals have been interesting and not in a good way. 😥😥😥

No experience with that, but good to know about Ale. I think I’ll be doing Tratorria instead.

We had the same experience at different places when we at Disney the week of Sept 13th. At first, I thought they had done away with entering pins because of COVID, then later in the week we were required to enter our pin at other places. It was odd.

Sorry to say but Ale and Compass has gone a bit downhill since opening. our last two meals have been interesting and not in a good way. 😥😥😥

Can you expand on this? I have never dined here and have plans to next month. Wondering if I should start looking at other options even though it's kind of late to find something..

Can you expand on this? I have never dined here and have plans to next month. Wondering if I should start looking at other options even though it's kind of late to find something..
Our first visit the waiter spilt water all over me and then ignored me the rest of the evening. My friend didn’t like her steak (after they mixed them up) and she got a free entree. Me nothing although they did credit me $30 after I complained.

The second trip we were seated next to a family that was very loud. Many young kids trying to talk over each other

food was good both times but service and atmosphere was lacking. The roasted garlic shrimp is delish as are the Parker rolls.

I say try it and see for yourself

Love the atmosphere. Love the food and REALLY love the service. I haven't had any negative experiences there. We're headed there again in 3 weeks.

So much hate on Ale & Compass! Was nervous based on previous DIS posts but we went there for breakfast and it was very, very good. The breakfast options are more unique than most places on property right now, considering limited menus if you are looking for something different. DH had the chocolate marscapone waffles and I had the blueberry/bacon pancakes with the side of fruit. Both loved our entrees. Pancakes had a slight salty/smoky flavor with the bacon which was YUM. Service was great and honestly the bill was really affordable for what we ordered.

So much hate on Ale & Compass! Was nervous based on previous DIS posts but we went there for breakfast and it was very, very good. The breakfast options are more unique than most places on property right now, considering limited menus if you are looking for something different. DH had the chocolate marscapone waffles and I had the blueberry/bacon pancakes with the side of fruit. Both loved our entrees. Pancakes had a slight salty/smoky flavor with the bacon which was YUM. Service was great and honestly the bill was really affordable for what we ordered.
we've never been for breakfast. are usually upstairs in the club lounge. might have to give it a try next month. 😁

i've always had good service at Ale and Compass and the food is good. we will go back because we love that roasted garlic shrimp but the last two visits left a lot to be desired.

we've never been for breakfast. are usually upstairs in the club lounge. might have to give it a try next month. 😁

i've always had good service at Ale and Compass and the food is good. we will go back because we love that roasted garlic shrimp but the last two visits left a lot to be desired.
I hear you!

My family was there last night and enjoyed it. They have another dinner reservation later in the week and are going to keep it.

A&C is one of my family’s favorite restaurants and my parents just ate their last week, said it was as good as ever. Everyone has different experiences though. I’m planning on eating there next summer.

My family was there last night and enjoyed it. They have another dinner reservation later in the week and are going to keep it.
A&C is one of my family’s favorite restaurants and my parents just ate their last week, said it was as good as ever. Everyone has different experiences though. I’m planning on eating there next summer.

any issues with magic bands? hopefully they've figured that out 😁

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter