Alien Encounter ?

Shuttle Fan

Mouseketeer
Have just been reading a previous thread "whats the most scariest ride?" and Alien Encounter seems to be one of them.

Haven't been on this ride before and must admit I'm not into coasters, so can anyone tell me what this ride consists of? Is it a coaster or simulator.

Sounds good but don't know if I can handle a coaster in the dark!

Sorry, can't really give too much away, as there is a surprise element to Alien encounter!!!, but what i can tell you is :-

1. It is definitley not a coaster.
2. It is dark.
3.You will be seated in the same place, throughout the experience.
4. You will not be physically touched by anything or anyone, throughout the ride.
5. Enjoy the experience and dont get too scared !

Hope this helps

Paul

Definitely not one for small children.

Not sure if I want to have an Alien Encounter again either.

Carol

And 6. it's very good!

I 'm a bit of a coward when it comes to scary things in the dark! give me a coaster any day ;) , my brother 'forced' me to go on it, and I'm so glad he did, it's a great ride you won't regret it.

I definately found it funny rather than scary though, or was that just nervous laughter? ;) LOL

This is probably better described as a show, not a ride. The action takes place in the middle of a circle of fixed seats. If you suffer from claustrophobia or are frightened of the dark then this is definately not for you. It is , IMHO , very clever in it's use of your imagination to scare you. It's a tough call for kids as the experience can have 6 year olds giggling wanting to go back in and leave grown men visibly shaken. I'd advise at least one adult to try this before taking under 10s in , then judge for yourself how your kids will get on in it.

Originally posted by vernon
very clever in it's use of your imagination to scare you

I was terrified the first time I did this, but in fact nothing happens at all - it's just the prospect of what might happen which scares the living daylights out of you! I found doing it a second time a bit pointless.

Unless its changed a whole heap since it first opened, dont waste the time to queue to go on.

It looks nice I suppose, but other than that nothing worth mentioning happens ! Very disappointing, and I've never bothered to go on since that first time.

Another reason to give it a miss is the over-reaction of the natives. I know now why they found Blair Witch so scary ! ;)

And so you know I'm no horror freak, Terror on Church Street scared the hell out of me !

:jester:

I think the only thing that could scare you is the darkness and the 'not knowing' of what is going to happen. The ride/show doesn't move at all although a harness thing comes down like they use in the coasters. I don't know why they use it, so don't be petrified when that comes down. I also wouldn't queue long of this although the queues do get very long a lot of the time. It is a must to go on.

AE has to make sure that guests cannot get out of their seat as, if a guest decided to leave halfway through a show ( and it's certain that at least one person per show would decide to leave) then Disney could get sued if they tripped over in the dark. Don't forget IT IS PITCH BLACK in AE that's half the fun, you can not see a thing unless it's part of the show. Any restaint that was less effective that the ones they use would be economic suicide for Disney.

Be warned if your'e planning to take your kids on.

We went on last year & my DD aged 10 hated it . She cryed all the way through & was still sobbing when she came out. I didn't like it either but then again I don't really like The Haunted House!!!

By the way my DD went on all the costers & loved them Her favourites were hulk & Duelling Dragons. She was only stopped riding when she ran out of family members to go on with her !!

:jester: :jester: :jester:

Please do not encourage worried children to go on this attraction, they *will* have nightmares!

However, my D Mum and I always burst into laughing hysterics when going on this attraction. It's too difficult for me to take all the screaming seriously, aswell as many "effects" of which some use somewhat dated techniques. All in all it's a great attraction and I couldn't believe I never experienced it until my 5th holiday to WDW (i was to scared of it lol). It really is a worthy contender for ultimate scary attraction at WDW, but my vote remains with Tower of Terror (which I love to bits).

At least in Alien Encounter you remain stationary ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter