~~Alissa2008 PJ 10/30/08 SBP~~ Update 7/3 (Cake Update)

Which Newsletter Should I Use? (See page 16)

• Newsletter with Cinderella Mice

• Newsletter with Figment

• Newsletter with Disney Pics

Results are only viewable after voting.

alissa2008

I'll take two.
Please ignore the poll at the top - I added it without knowing there is no way to remove it. :guilty:

I realized I hadn't put up about my wedding party

Maid of Honor/my momma
Bride's Maid/MiL

Groomsman/my popppa
Groomsman/s-FiL

------------ORIGINAL FIRST POST------------

Hey gals, so, after browsing everyones PJs and TRs, I thought I'd start one of my own. I've only been lurking for a couple weeks now, so bear with me!!

I have a wedding website with LOTS of pics of me and DF, but because it has a lot of personal info on it, I'd rather you PM me for the address.

I realize now that I shouldn't just start this PJ without more time to put into my first post, but I'll start simple, because its late and I'm tired. :lmao:

So, this is DF and I at the Sabres game where we were engaged (more on that later).

game.jpg

I'm a format editor for an international environmental company (I love it) and Tim is asenior network administrator for a local advertising agency. Our big day is October 30th, 2008 at Sea Breeze Point.

More to come...:cheer2:

Thanks everyone for the warm fuzzies!! :banana: I've been going through reading all your PJs too! Every time someone posts, its like 3 hours before I get back! :rotfl2:

popcorn::

Alissa – Welcome! :welcome: So glad you started a PJ! Looking forward to hearing all about your planning.
How fun – DSalmost15 was also born on 7/12! I like you already! ;)
Funny to hear “Italian” and Amazon in the same sentence. LOL!
Can’t wait for the next installment! :banana:

Alissa – Welcome! :welcome: So glad you started a PJ! Looking forward to hearing all about your planning.
How fun – DSalmost15 was also born on 7/12! I like you already! ;)
Funny to hear “Italian” and Amazon in the same sentence. LOL!
Can’t wait for the next installment! :banana:

haha, EXCELLENT! July 12th is a great day! :goodvibes As for the Italian Amazon :confused3 My great grammie was 4'9, but my irish grammie is 5'9 and all the women on the irish side are pretty tall (dad is 6'4)...everyone always says they're jealous because I'm 6', I'm lucky DF is 6'3. I tried dating a guy in college who was hobbit size and he said (to my face) "tall chicks intimidate me." :confused: Like I had any control over it!

SOOOOO, after picking out a ring I'd like, DF had the great idea of adding 2 amethyst (my fav) instead of the 2 diamonds on the side (its a triple diamond ring). It looks a little like this (I'll take some real piccies when I get home).
ring.jpg

I love the idea of adding amethysts and the jeweler (kays) said they would remove the diamonds and make me some nice stud earrings. Perfect. Well, I guess the ring was 3 weeks later then the date they promised it in (to DF secretly). He was sweating bullets because he wanted to propose on our disney trip. :scared: Luckily it came in in time for the trip, but he was still a little miffed that no one told him it was going to be so late. Apparently, they couldn't find amethysts that matched well enough in the time they had anticipated needing.

Part two: After DF proposed, about 2 weeks later I was taking a shower and set my ring down on the countertop. POP. :eek: Out slid one of the amethysts!! OH NO!! :scared1: So, I wrapped the kamakaze gemstone in a ziplock bag and we headed RIGHT over to Kays to have it fixed. Since it was under warranty, they had no problem fixing it for free (plus we got the extended warranty, so as long as we bring it in ever 6 mo for inspection they will cover EVERYTHING). So, I was a little upset, but they took my ring and said that it should be ready the following sunday (1 week).

A week came and went and then a week and a half...finally after a week and 5 days, DF called them and they said "oh, we couldn't find a stone that matched well, so we're still waiting on our jeweler (in california)."

DF said, "oh no, we GAVE you the stone that fell out..." :eek:

"Oh, oh, this must have from when you purchased it. Let me check into it and I'll get back to you."

Two weeks had passed and DF called again.

"Oh, our records show that it was shipped yesterday from Cali, so we should have it in the store by friday." Ok. Three weeks later, I finally got my ring back.

Part three: 3 weeks after it had been fixed, I was typing at work when I happened to glance down at my ring and :scared1: the other stone was missing!!:sad2:

:mad: So, DF and I took the ring back to the jeweler and said "HEY! We just had this in and the stone is missing!!"

"Oh no, well, since it's still under it's "service warranty" we'll take it and have it back for you in a week." :laughing: yeah, I've heard that before.

Two weeks later, DF calls the national customer service and says, "listen, you've had my fiance's ring longer than SHE has - it's not a cheap ring...it's not from a cracker jack box. I paid good money for this ring and you WILL have it fixed PRONTO and you WILL be compensating us."

"Let me look into the problem and see whats going on." Days go by while she is "checking with the branch manager." :mad:

Week Three: DF calls customer service again, "This is completely unacceptable."

"Our records indicate that the ring shipped out yesterday and you should be able to pick it up this weekend. We'll call you as SOON as it comes in." :yay:

Friday comes and goes, saturday, sunday...finally monday DF calls again and says "seriously, if this situation is not fixed, you will be giving me ALL my money back and we will be taking our business elsewhere."

"It seems like the ring made it to the store but they shipped it back to the jeweler for some reason. I'll call them and call you back." :mad: :mad: :mad:

Two days pass.

"Apparently, when the branch received the ring, they noticed that the stones were still loose and that one of the diamonds on the band had fallen off. It should only take about three weeks. In the mean time, we're willing to offer you a hundred dollar gift certificate."

DF says (I heard from the other room :rotfl2:): "Excuse me, but a gift certificate implies that I will have to buy something else from your store. I don't ever plan on shopping at kays again. EVER. In fact, I will be telling everyone I know to avoid your store like the plague." :rotfl2: :rotfl2: "If I can't apply the gift card to my Kays credit card to pay for this ring, I don't want it...and you will be taking at least 2 payments off of my card, because you've had it for over 2 months. I'm not paying for a ring we don't have. And NOW I have to go tell my poor fiancee that her ring won't be ready for another 3 weeks? Are you kidding me? Do I even have to explain to you why this is unacceptable??" :rotfl2:

The next day they called to tell us the ring was in. Strange, but I'll take it. :yay: Luckily, (knock on wood), we haven't had any problems since...but it's only been about 2 months. Phew. I'm glad that @#$%^ is over with.:sad2:

Moral of the story: Don't ever EVER EVER EVER make a large purchase from Kay's.:snooty:

Here some real pics:
DSCF0677.jpg
DSCF0679.jpg
DSCF0680.jpg
DSCF0674.jpg

ETA: we just got bought our bands too! And, since Tim already had a credit card opened with kays, and we don't want to open another account somewhere else, we decided to give Kay another chance. We actually walked out with the rings in our hot little hands, so that made me feel better...the sizes in the showcase were perfect for us! What luck!

DSCF0091.jpg
DSCF0092.jpg
DSCF0093.jpg
DSCF0118.jpg
DSCF0138.jpg

The next day they called to tell us the ring was in. Strange, but I'll take it. :yay: Luckily, (knock on wood),

Don't knock too hard, I would hate for you to give one of the kamakaze reason to bolt again:lmao:

The ring is beautiful though. I hope it brings you much happiness now.

Our first day looking (Davids):

alinecloseup.jpg
aline1.jpg

It was on sale because it was being discontinued, originally it was $399, but after the sale it was $250...I couldn't resist. My mother bought it for me on the spot...it was really sweet. After I'd decided it was definitely the one - she walked up to our consultant and said "We're leaving with this dress." I thought we were just going to browse, so I didn't really have much money -- she was soo sweet, I almost cried! XXOO MOMMA!!

Gorgeous!! And you look fabulous in it! Sorry about the ring. That stinks! I hope you don't have any more problems. Be SURE to get it checked every 6 months at Kay's or they may void the extended warranty. Don't take any chances.

Moving on... (good thing I have so much free time today at work! :rotfl2:)

We're going to have a light Jack and Sally theme, because like I said DF is absolutely obsessed and just with the knickknacks we have around the house we can certainly decorate the tables! Anyway, I found a corpse bride cake that my mother is going to alter to be our wedding colors (black, white and violet). And a matching grooms cake. It IS all fondant, which I don't particularly care for, but since I'm not really a "cake" person anyway, I chose it because it looked fantastic. I love the lopsided look!!

wedding%20cake.jpg

grooms%20cake.jpg

We also found these on ebay (GOD BLESS EBAY!! :banana:)

db96_1.JPG

They're a nice thick heavy glass too, I was afraid they were going to be cheesy because I didn't pay a lot for them (I think like $20). Although, when I was just looking for a pic, I saw THESE on ebay and I LOVE them even more. Should I blow the 70 bucks and get the crooked colored ones?
93f9_1.JPG

Keener - yeah, we just had to have it "inspected" last week. I'd better stay on top of it too, because they don't tell you when you're due... scam artists.

I can't seem to see most of the pics I post. :confused3 I don't know whats up. Do you all see them? I can't see the ring or the cake pics... :confused3 :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter