We have Disneyland APs. We bought 4 day PH tix for our upcoming WDW trip. Now we are thinking of going again in January. If we decide on that, and we want to upgrade to Premier APs, can we do that at WDW and apply the cost of the PH tickets to the upgrade?

We have Disneyland APs. We bought 4 day PH tix for our upcoming WDW trip. Now we are thinking of going again in January. If we decide on that, and we want to upgrade to Premier APs, can we do that at WDW and apply the cost of the PH tickets to the upgrade?

In most cases, multiple tickets can't be combined in an upgrade, but I believe the Premier APs are a special case where guests are able to combine the value of a Disneyland AP and the value of new WDW tickets into a payment used to help pay for an upgrade to a Premier AP.

You can certainly ask.

I want to ask questions about having a "fake person" in your MDE. I created one because I have several tickets that I want to put on my MDE but not use them now. I know some are pre-Feb. when the expiration rules took place but have no idea which ones. Can I put multiple tickets under the fake name to see the expiration dates and then reassign tickets as we want to use them? How many tickets can you put under a fake name? I want to purchase AP vouchers soon for all of us to use next year when our current ones expire. Can I put those under the fake name for now too?

I am hoping to buy an AP by the end of the year to take advantage of a lower price (first trip to activate will be May next year). Can I link my ticket in MDE and book Fastpasses before activation or will I just have to wait and do it on the fly once I'm there?

I want to ask questions about having a "fake person" in your MDE. I created one because I have several tickets that I want to put on my MDE but not use them now. I know some are pre-Feb. when the expiration rules took place but have no idea which ones.
1. Can I put multiple tickets under the fake name to see the expiration dates and then reassign tickets as we want to use them?
2. How many tickets can you put under a fake name? I want to purchase AP vouchers soon for all of us to use next year when our current ones expire.
3. Can I put those under the fake name for now too?
1. Yes.
2. No limit.
3. Yup.
You could also create as many “fake names” as you like.

I am hoping to buy an AP by the end of the year to take advantage of a lower price (first trip to activate will be May next year).
1. Can I link my ticket in MDE and book Fastpasses before activation
2. or will I just have to wait and do it on the fly once I'm there?
1. Yes.
2. Nope. Pre-buying an AP Certificate is the prescribed way to make advanced FP+.

1. Yes.
2. Nope. Pre-buying an AP Certificate is the prescribed way to make advanced FP+.

Perfect, thank you! And as soon as I read your reply I realised I knew the answer because I buy all my tickets in advance and book FP+ (I'm in the UK and have just upgraded while there usually) so the same would apply.

I linked a ticket in MDE to a fake name and it tells me what the ticket is but doesn't list an expiration date. Does that mean it's a non-expiration ticket?

I linked a ticket in MDE to a fake name and it tells me what the ticket is but doesn't list an expiration date. Does that mean it's a non-expiration ticket?

Could be.
When and from whom did you get the ticket?

debated whether to post this in the FP thread, but thought folks here might have more experience with this...

SO has a 7-day ticket, and we have 7 days of FP+ booked for him on an upcoming trip.
we're going to upgrade his ticket to an annual pass on arrival day. doing so won't erase any of his FP+, correct?

just covering bases and expectations :goodvibes

debated whether to post this in the FP thread, but thought folks here might have more experience with this...

SO has a 7-day ticket, and we have 7 days of FP+ booked for him on an upcoming trip.
we're going to upgrade his ticket to an annual pass on arrival day. doing so won't erase any of his FP+, correct?

Correct. The FP+ will stay, just as they are.

Question:
I am looking at getting an AP for Fall of 2018 through Fall of 2019. Long story, short: I want to go to WDW twice before my daughter turns 3 (in Fall of 2019) but don't really want to take her until she is at least 2. (She went when she was 5mo -- she doesn't remember much LOL). I took my son to WDW when he was 2 and then ON his 3rd birthday, so it was nice going on trips where a child was free, but old enough to remember and enjoy a ton of stuff. We didn't do an annual pass with him because we just did two trips of only 2 park days each to test the waters and see how a young child would do. (He did great).

So the thought is to take the plunge with two kids and get an AP for the daughters 2yo and 3rd birthday trips.

If I have unused 5-day non-hopper tickets I got from UT and want to upgrade them to Annual Passes --

1) Do I need to attach those tickets to my family in MDE before I update them to Annual Passes?
2) Can I do that online, or over the phone or can this upgrade only happen in person at Guest Relations?
3) Getting these from UT (Feb. before prices went up and before tickets began having expiration dates), what price do I get to apply to the AP the UT discounted price or what the "Disney" price for those tickets were? I paid $349.59 for adult tickets and $328.53 for a child ticket from UT (4-Day Magic Your Way Ticket - Plus Extra Day).
4) After purchasing an AP, how long do you have to activate it? (I don't plan on going until a year from now, at least).
5) Once you have an AP, how do you ensure that it is used as your park ticket as opposed to tickets you already have stored in MDE.

Any opinions on if I should use the 5-day tickets to upgrade for an annual pass or should I just save them for the future (where they will be even more valuable after even more yearly price increases?)

Question:
I am looking at getting an AP for Fall of 2018 through Fall of 2019. Long story, short: I want to go to WDW twice before my daughter turns 3 (in Fall of 2019) but don't really want to take her until she is at least 2. (She went when she was 5mo -- she doesn't remember much LOL). I took my son to WDW when he was 2 and then ON his 3rd birthday, so it was nice going on trips where a child was free, but old enough to remember and enjoy a ton of stuff. We didn't do an annual pass with him because we just did two trips of only 2 park days each to test the waters and see how a young child would do. (He did great).

So the thought is to take the plunge with two kids and get an AP for the daughters 2yo and 3rd birthday trips.

If I have unused 5-day non-hopper tickets I got from UT and want to upgrade them to Annual Passes --

1) Do I need to attach those tickets to my family in MDE before I update them to Annual Passes?
2) Can I do that online, or over the phone or can this upgrade only happen in person at Guest Relations?
3) Getting these from UT (Feb. before prices went up and before tickets began having expiration dates), what price do I get to apply to the AP the UT discounted price or what the "Disney" price for those tickets were? I paid $349.59 for adult tickets and $328.53 for a child ticket from UT (4-Day Magic Your Way Ticket - Plus Extra Day).
4) After purchasing an AP, how long do you have to activate it? (I don't plan on going until a year from now, at least).
5) Once you have an AP, how do you ensure that it is used as your park ticket as opposed to tickets you already have stored in MDE.

Any opinions on if I should use the 5-day tickets to upgrade for an annual pass or should I just save them for the future (where they will be even more valuable after even more yearly price increases?)
1) Nope. But, you CAN.
2) Upgrades are generally best-handled in-person.
For APs, guests MUST make an appearance at a ticket booth or Guest Relations, anyway (to get
the AP activated,) so you might as well do the whole upgrade at the same time.
3) That depends on WHEN you got the UT tickets (when the UT tickets were first printed by Disney.)
4) Not a factor to worry about.
5) If the "other" tickets have never been used at all... you create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer the tickets into that fake account for safekeeping.
If the tickets HAVE been partially used, stop by a Guest Relations and have the APs set to
the "highest priority" in your MDX.

Last edited:
1) Nope. But, you CAN.
2) Upgrades are generally best-handled in-person.
For APs, guests MUST make an appearance at a ticket booth or Guest Relations, anyway (to get
the AP activated,) so you might as well do the whole upgrade at the same time.
3) That depends on WHEN you got the UT tickets (when the UT tickets were first printed by Disney.)
4) Not a factor to worry about.
5) If the "other" tickets have never been used at all... you create a "fake name" in your MDX account and transfer the tickets into that fake account for safekeeping.
If the tickets HAVE been partially used, stop by a Guest Relations and have the APs set to
the "highest priority" in your MDX.

Thank you

For #2 - Bummer, my hope was to buy the AP in the next few months (to avoid another price jump that seems to happen yearly).
For #3 - How do I find that out? Or just have to have guest services check out the ticket # to figure what that number will be.
For #5 - I have days left on non-expiration tickets, so I guess I would have them change the priority.

Thank you

For #2 - Bummer, my hope was to buy the AP in the next few months (to avoid another price jump that seems to happen yearly).
For #3 - How do I find that out? Or just have to have guest services check out the ticket # to figure what that number will be.
For #5 - I have days left on non-expiration tickets, so I guess I would have them change the priority.

#3 Are you saying that you don't know WHEN you bought these UT tickets?
(Otherwise, yes, call Disney and give them the ticket number(s) to see when they were printed.)
#5 Yes.

#3 Are you saying that you don't know WHEN you bought these UT tickets?
(Otherwise, yes, call Disney and give them the ticket number(s) to see when they were printed.)
#5 Yes.

Thanks again.

I know when I bought them .. yes .. (Feb. of this year).. they were part of the last batches of MYW tickets they had that didn't have expirations.

I guess my question is: will I be able to apply the price I paid for them via UT or the price that Disney was charging for those tickets at the gate back in Feb? UT sells slightly discounted tickets. If I get the UT price, great, if I get the price Disney was charging? Wow . .even more savings!

My plan was to use them sometime before October of 2019, so I was buying them ahead of time with no-expirations to save a few bucks anticipating another price increase in 2018 and 2019.

I mean, buying Disney tickets now and using them after a few price increases nets you more money in savings than that money sitting in a savings account and earing less than 1% interest .. heh .. .LOL. I mean these tickets are already "worth" 7% more based on current UT prices. ($350 in Feb vs. $375 today).

I know when I bought them .. yes .. (Feb. of this year).. they were part of the last batches of MYW tickets they had that didn't have expirations.
1. will I be able to apply the price I paid for them via UT
2. or the price that Disney was charging for those tickets at the gate back in Feb? UT sells slightly discounted tickets. If I get the UT price, great,
3. if I get the price Disney was charging? Wow . .even more savings!

1. Nope.
2. Yes.
3. Yup.

Going to be getting my AP via AAA South. It's a discount of between 5-6%. Plus, I don't have to jump through gift card bingo to get a discount.

Going to be getting my AP via AAA South. It's a discount of between 5-6%. Plus, I don't have to jump through gift card bingo to get a discount.

Buying via "AAA South" is a great "direct" way to buy a discounted AP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!