I am wanting to buy the current best ticket deal in order to bridge to an AP before the brokers run out of the "old" stock. Where are you currently finding the best ticket for this purpose?

A word of caution.
We do not know at what value "old stock" tickets will be evaluated at the time of upgrade.

They will be price-bridged, but it MIGHT only be at the value of "Disney Price" before the latest
price increase.
So, before you buy from "old stock" with the intent to upgrade, consider that the price-bridge
MIGHT not be up to the current (2018) ticket value.

It would be very "safe" and a good value to purchase discounted tickets from "old stock" if your intent is to simply USE those tickets, as-is.

Last edited:
My daughter and I are going to Disney World this summer with close family members. They live in Florida and would like to buy her an annual pass. Since she’s a minor and doesn’t have any id I know that they can. But after it’s activated can we go to the parks by ourselves if they don’t want to go? We like to go early! :) will the memory maker be attached to our account?

My daughter and I are going to Disney World this summer with close family members. They live in Florida and would like to buy her an annual pass. Since she’s a minor and doesn’t have any id I know that they can.

1. But after it’s activated can we go to the parks by ourselves if they don’t want to go? We like to go early! :)
2. will the memory maker be attached to our account?

1. Yes.
2. Yes. (If your daughter is, too.)

Just a note that "Downtown Disney" is now called Disney Springs.

And yes, there is a Guest Relations at Disney Springs (called the "Welcome Center") and they can perform
all the usual GR and ticket booth functions, including prioritizing tickets in MDX accounts.

Thank you, if our flight gets in on time and the ME wait is reasonable, we'll just drop off our carry on bag at POP then head over to DHS. We'll only have a max of 4 hours there but it's our only opportunity to squeeze in DHS and all my son really wants to do there is Toy Story, see Chewbacca, and the Star Wars fireworks anyway. If they can't upgrade the one day ticket from child to adult at the POP front desk I'll give it a try at DHS guest services.

I don't really want to buy a new ticket for that short a time or use a NE park hopper ticket day for such a short period of time. I wish I had noticed it was a child's ticket earlier but c'est la vie. o_O

I have read the info on upgrading. As I understand my situation, I have 2 day P/H tickets purchased as part of a WDW package from 2016 or 2017, (I forget when). Since they were part of a package, To upgrade to a 5 day P/H, I will be credited the present gate price of a 2 day P/H towards my purchase of a 5 day P/H. Also, it is not necessary to use the ticket before the upgrade in order to get the present gate price.

500.55-291.81=208.74. That amount is what I should pay for the upgrade.

Am I correct?

I have read the info on upgrading. As I understand my situation, I have 2 day P/H tickets purchased as part of a WDW package

1. from 2016 or 2017, (I forget when).
Since they were part of a package,
2. To upgrade to a 5 day P/H, I will be credited the present gate price of a 2 day P/H towards my purchase of a 5 day P/H.
3. Also, it is not necessary to use the ticket before the upgrade in order to get the present gate price.

500.55-291.81=208.74. That amount is what I should pay for the upgrade.

Am I correct?
1. The year of the package doesn't happen to make a significant difference in the value you will receive in the upgrade transaction.
2. That's not how it works, anymore. (I don't have the exact procedure since the recent price increase, but it should be close to the two situations I describe below.)
The Disney price of a 2-day PH in 2016 was $273.71.
The Disney price of a 2-day PH in 2017 was $275.84.
(Only a couple of dollars difference.)
So, you would subtract one of THOSE amounts from the current WDW price in order to upgrade.

$500.55 (Current 5-Day PH)
-273.71 (2016 2-day PH)
=226.84. Possible amount using 2016 Tickets that you might pay for the upgrade.

$500.55 (Current 5-Day PH)
-275.84 (2017 2-day PH)
=224.71. Possible amount using 2017 Tickets that you might pay for the upgrade.

3. Using a ticket at the park gate does not affect the ability or price of upgrading that ticket.

Again, the above two examples might be incorrect, but that's the info I have been able to piece together.
There have also been instances when guests were given an even lower price "per day"
when upgrading.
The inconsistency is maddening.

Last edited:

Robo,
Thank you so very much. I now have an idea of approximately what I should expect.
You are correct, it is maddening. But at least I am in Disney.

I did search, but didn't find anything, so I'm guessing what I'm about to ask is futile... Is there a discount on a single day ticket purchased by an Annual Passholder for someone else?

I did search, but didn't find anything, so I'm guessing what I'm about to ask is futile... Is there a discount on a single day ticket purchased by an Annual Passholder for someone else?

Sorry, but no.

A word of caution.
We do not know at what value "old stock" tickets will be evaluated at the time of upgrade.

They will be price-bridged, but it MIGHT only be at the value of "Disney Price" before the latest
price increase.
So, before you buy from "old stock" with the intent to upgrade, consider that the price-bridge
MIGHT not be up to the current (2018) ticket value.

It would be very "safe" and a good value to purchase discounted tickets from "old stock" if your intent is to simply USE those tickets, as-is.

Hi just thought I would share my bridging experience just last month. I had purchased Undercover Tourist no expire tickets in 2016 and had them put away for future STAYS in case we did not want to renew APs one year in future.
So upon letting our last year APs expire, because we wanted the start month to be different this year, I decided to use them for upgrading in Jan of this year.
I wasn't sure about the new rule of bridging after the no expires began last Feb of 2017. So we entered the park on the 1 st day of use as we have in the past and proceeded to guest ralations at Epcot.
I was told my tickets were discounted priced before the no expire and that value would be added to the new increased price on APst this year. Which would be the $467 price of Feb 2017.
Ok no problem as I paid 418.00 for the UT tickets so some savings at least.
So it should have gone this way with the new rule:
UT 4 dy 3 extra day free no expire hopper ticket at their 2016 price of 418.00 (tx incl) the back of ticket has a jan 2017 date on back as when issued.
Gate price in Feb 2017 for 7 day hopper 467.54
Current Regular premium 2018 AP @ 904.19 tx incl
904.19-467.54= 437.00 difference owed at upgrade

However here is how it turned out after bridging:
UT value I paid at Jan 2017 issue date $418.00 as stated above
Current Jan 2018 AP price- 904.19
Looking at my reciept the amount I was charged to upgrade was 362.10 per ticket including taxes.
904.19- 362.10= 542.09
Which means the value I received for my UT tickets and used for upgrade was 542.09
So not sure how or what they based the calculations on, but it seems I was given the current gate price toward my upgrade.

The current gate price for 7 day hopper in Jan 2018 was 532.50 going by what I had written down. Not sure if that was online or gate price or total with 20.00 up charge buying in person. I would assume that what is maant by "gate" price.

I have a another question about APs.

I have two Park Hopper non-expiring tickets left over from my last trip. If I wanted to do AP, is there a way I can upgrade those tickets to an AP?

Just wondering, doesn’t matter if I can or not, just curious.

I have two Park Hopper non-expiring tickets left over from my last trip. If I wanted to do AP, is there a way I can upgrade those tickets to an AP?

When was your last trip?
What was the date that you bought those tickets?

Yes go to a guest ralations window at any park or Disney Springs and they will tell you the difference in price to upgrade based on value of your tickets and current price for AP with tax.
It is very easy to do. Also you can use Disney gift cards or rewards for Disney visa, if you have tha, to pay for them. Many people buy Disney gift cards from Target with 5% red card discount or at Sam's club that's sells them at a 5% discount as well. Saves a little off the cost of upgrade at purchase.

Thanks!! I do the gift card thing. That’s how I paid for my tickets for my last trip.:)

Does it have to be in person or can I do this over the phone?

By non-expiring, do you mean that they don't have an expiration date on them (starting last year, tickets now have expiration dates on them - currently that date is 12/31/18)? Or do you mean the kind of tickets they no longer sell where you could stretch them out over multiple trips? Also, do you mean you didn't use all the days on them or were they never used? If they were never used, you can upgrade them, but you can't combine them to upgrade to one AP.

Thanks!! I do the gift card thing. That’s how I paid for my tickets for my last trip.:)

Does it have to be in person or can I do this over the phone?
I've always done it in person. But I think if it's an unused ticket bought directly from Disney , or authorized direct purchase, it can be done over the phone.Tickets from Underover Tourist or AAA, though authorized resellers, are not upgradable over the phone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter