What Would You Do?:wave: Buy Now or Buy in October?:confused3

We are looking at purchasing the Gold AP (not as FLA residents but as DVC members).
1. The most recent price increase we can find was Feb of this year.

We are traveling twice to WDW in 2019, the first time for in January 2019.

2. Would you buy the AP now or wait until late October 2018 when you need to start booking Fast Passes 60 days out from reservation date?:confused3

Pro Wait until October 2018 to buy AP's -
3. Disney wouldn't do two price increases within 8 months, would it?
4. Disney might offer the 13th month AP deal again between now and October as they did a couple of years ago,

Pro Buy AP's now -
5. Disney might remove DVC cool kids benefit of buying the Gold AP, thus costing us around $260 more per AP if we are forced to buy the Platinum AP in October....
6. buy now to eliminate that risk.
1. That's the most recent and current increase.
2. 85% chance that it won't make any practical difference at all.
3. They have, but not very often and not recently.
4. They might. Anything is possible.
5. They might. Anything is possible.
6. Yup.

I am going to be at WDW for 10 days starting October 26 this year, and plan to upgrade to an AP. If I want to use it a few times next year, some of that time being in October, do I have thru Oct 25 to use the AP? If I don't upgrade until the 28th, would that mean my AP would then be good thru the 27th the following year?

I am going to be at WDW for 10 days starting October 26 this year, and plan to upgrade to an AP. If I want to use it a few times next year, some of that time being in October, do I have thru Oct 25 to use the AP? If I don't upgrade until the 28th, would that mean my AP would then be good thru the 27th the following year?

The AP clock will start based on the first day you use your initial entitlement. If you first use that ticket on October 26, for example, your last day of use for that AP would be October 26 of next year—no matter when you do the upgrade.

Also covered in Post #5:
If upgrading from a MYW ticket, and the MYW ticket has been partially (or fully) used,
the expiration date of the new AP will be set to one year from the date of first use of the original MYW ticket being upgraded.
If the MYW ticket has not been used, the expiration date will be one year from the date of the AP upgrade.

The AP clock will start based on the first day you use your initial entitlement. If you first use that ticket on October 26, for example, your last day of use for that AP would be October 26 of next year—no matter when you do the upgrade.

Also covered in Post #5:

Thank you!

Hi! I have a question about upgrading to APs.

My boyfriend and I are traveling down to WDW in September on the “magical deal” for Labor Day. As many of you probably know, this comes with what are technically convention tickets. They are multi-day MYW tickets, not the kind that only allow you in after 1 or 5pm.

We are looking to upgrade them to APs while down there, which is a process I am familiar with, but I’m just not sure if we can with the convention tickets. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!!

Hi! I have a question about upgrading to APs.

My boyfriend and I are traveling down to WDW in September on the “magical deal” for Labor Day. As many of you probably know, this comes with what are technically convention tickets. They are multi-day MYW tickets, not the kind that only allow you in after 1 or 5pm.

We are looking to upgrade them to APs while down there, which is a process I am familiar with, but I’m just not sure if we can with the convention tickets. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thank you!!
Yes. We get those tickets and yes we upgrade them to APs with no problems.

Can I buy a Military AP Certificate right now and not activate it until February 2019? TIA

My husband and I are going for a weekend in August. Next week I can make my fastpasses but it just occurred to me that I have four, one-day park hoppers. Two are assigned in MDE to me and two to him. Will I be able to make my FastPass selections for both days we're going on the same day next week when my 60-day window opens for the first day?

I always have ticket questions. :oops:

My family has non-expiring tickets with several days left. We only plan to use two days during our summer trip. We are hoping to attend MNSSHP the day we fly in but I'm wary of buying the party tickets now in case our flight is delayed. I'm planning on booking FP+ for that day (since we have enough ticket credits to do so) from 3:30-6:30p just in case it works out and will buy the party tickets when our plane lands. I'm pretty sure the party won't sell out on a random August day.

Assuming all goes well, I want to make sure the party tickets are used and not a NE day. Do I need to go to guest services outside of MK to prioritize the party tickets for that day, and if I do, will the FP+ still work?

Thanks!

I want to make sure the party tickets are used and not a NE day.
1. Do I need to go to guest services outside of MK to prioritize the party tickets for that day,
2. and if I do, will the FP+ still work?
1. There will be separate entrances at MK specifically for guests entering the party.
There is little chance that your regular ticket will be used if you enter the special "party gates."

2. Yes.

Last edited:
My husband and I are going for a weekend in August. Next week I can make my fastpasses but it just occurred to me that I have four, one-day park hoppers. Two are assigned in MDE to me and two to him. Will I be able to make my FastPass selections for both days we're going on the same day next week when my 60-day window opens for the first day?
Yes.
(Assuming that you are staying at a WDW resort.)

Can I buy a Military AP Certificate right now and not activate it until February 2019? TIA

I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a "Military AP."
I'm going to assume that you would be buying a regular AP (certificate,) but buying it at a discount from
a military source.

AP certificates, in general, do not expire (and, therefore, can be activated at any time) until Dec. 31, 2030.

I'm not sure that there is such a thing as a "Military AP."
I'm going to assume that you would be buying a regular AP (certificate,) but buying it at a discount from
a military source.

Correct. Thanks for the reply.

Has anyone done the upgrade feature in MDE yet? I'm so curious about this process.

I know it's a brand new feature. Just curious if anyone played with it yet.

Hello! We are going to spend our vacation at WDW. Originall, we only planned to stay for 4 days so I purchased 3 days base tickets fron undercover tourist. Now, we changed our plan and we will stay 3 more extra days. My kids want to go to Typhoon lagoon for 2 days. My question are :

1. should I upgrade my tickets to parhopper plus when I get there and how much does it cost to upgrade? Or

2. Should I just purchase tickets for Typhoon lagoon?

Thanks in advance!

I have a 10 day park hopper but I want to upgrade to an AP. We don't go until August so the ticket has not been used. When I opened the MDE app on my phone a message appeared saying you can upgrade to AP on the app but I can't find anywhere to do it. I called tech support because I thought there was a problem with the app. I was told you can not upgrade on MDE, you have to call Ticket Department for AP or wait til you arrive at WDW and go to Guest Relations. So I called the number the tech CM provided and was told I could upgrade over the phone but needed to be transferred to yet a different department. They told me no, you can't upgrade over the phone you can only do it in person.

The reason I wanted the AP now is that I was hoping to use the AP for MNSSHP and DAH discounts but now I won't have an AP to receive the discounts at the time of booking for those events. Has anyone had success upgrading over the phone? Can you buy Tables in Wonderland at Guest Relations?

Last edited:
I have a 10 day park hopper but I want to upgrade to an AP. We don't go until August so the ticket has not been used. When I opened the MDE app on my phone a message appeared saying you can upgrade to AP on the app but I can't find anywhere to do it. I called tech support for the app because I thought there was a problem with the app. I was told you can not upgrade on app, you have to call Ticket Department for AP or wait til you arrive at WDW and go to Guest Relations. So I called the number the tech CM provided and was told I could upgrade over the phone but needed to be transferred to yet a different department. They told me no, you can't upgrade over the phone you can only do it in person.

The reason I wanted the AP now is that I was hoping to use the AP for MNSSHP and DAH discounts but now I won't have an AP to receive the discounts at the time of booking for those events. Has anyone had success upgrading over the phone? Can you buy Tables in Wonderland at Guest Relations?

I got the same message but I am wondering if you have to be on property for that to work because mine said I had to upgrade before the end of my last day of ticket use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter