I've been following this thread for many months, but I don't remember this question. Got a large family (10-12 people) staying offsite. Are there any "group" discounts for buying that many tickets in a bunch, either from Disney or one of the resellers?

I've been following this thread for many months, but I don't remember this question. Got a large family (10-12 people) staying offsite. Are there any "group" discounts for buying that many tickets in a bunch, either from Disney or one of the resellers?

Disney does offer group rates but it is for groups staying onsite, and must be a minimum of 10 rooms being booked.

https://www.disneygroupgetaways.com/dgg/disneyworld

We have a 10 day park hopper plus with our vacation package this summer. We plan to upgrade to a platinum plus AP while we are there. Does it matter when we upgrade? Initially my plan was to upgrade on the first day to maximize on any AP discounts available. But my kids were interested in trying out the mini golf places. It doesn't look like those are included with the pass. So do I need to upgrade after we use those visits or can I still use them after the upgrade?

We have a 10 day park hopper plus with our vacation package this summer. We plan to upgrade to a platinum plus AP while we are there. Does it matter when we upgrade? Initially my plan was to upgrade on the first day to maximize on any AP discounts available. But my kids were interested in trying out the mini golf places. It doesn't look like those are included with the pass. So do I need to upgrade after we use those visits or can I still use them after the upgrade?

The AP would replace your entitlements under the PHP tickets, so you would get the discounted AP admission if you upgrade to AP before visiting the mini golf. You wouldn't retain any of the "included" activity admissions that aren't part of AP benefits.

Question -- I am traveling with friends and staying in the same room with the same package. Can I upgrade to an AP without everyone else in the room having to, if everything was booked at the same time?

Or, if I already have an AP, can I be on the reservation with everyone else except not have to buy a ticket as part of the package?

The AP would replace your entitlements under the PHP tickets, so you would get the discounted AP admission if you upgrade to AP before visiting the mini golf. You wouldn't retain any of the "included" activity admissions that aren't part of AP benefits.

Thank you! I figured that would be the case.

Question -- I am traveling with friends and staying in the same room with the same package.
1. Can I upgrade to an AP without everyone else in the room having to, if everything was booked at the same time?

Or,
2. if I already have an AP, can I be on the reservation with everyone else except not have to buy a ticket as part of the package?
1. You can, but only after you ARRIVE at WDW.
2. Nope. But, you can KEEP your package ticket to use on another trip, or to utilize its value toward buying a different ticket or AP in the future.

Another option (if the "package" is not needed for "Free Dining" etc.) is to re-book as "Room Only" for everyone,
and each guest can then buy whatever ticket she/he would like.
(They could even buy their tickets from a WDW ticket discounter.)

Last edited:

1. You can, but only after you ARRIVE at WDW.
2. Nope. But, you can KEEP your package ticket to use on another trip, or to utilize its value toward buying a different ticket or AP in the future.

Another option (if the "package" is not needed for "Free Dining" etc.) is to re-book as "Room Only" for everyone,
and each guest can then buy whatever ticket she/he would like.
(They could even buy their tickets from a WDW ticket discounter.)

Thank you so much, I thought that was the case on the AP. The people I'm traveling with wanted to do a room package, and so long as I as an individual can upgrade to an AP myself, that's what I'll do once we arrive.

If I waited until after the mini golf visits to upgrade, would the photopass pictures taken before the upgrade be included?

My recent Experience linking OLD DVC-AP Vouchers to MDE

So I have 2 old DVC AP Vouchers with 2 AP's on each that have not yet been linked to my MDE. One set was from 11/2011 and the other set from 12/2012. I have the original email confirmation as well as the bar coded official Will Call Confirmation.

1. Tried on-line, but the system would not recognize the Confirmation #. Not surprised considering how old these were.

2. Emailed WDW Passholder Program for help. Received a reply to call Passholder Services (PASS) directly for resolution.

3. Called PASS. The set of DVC AP's purchased in 2012 were able to be linked right away. They show up as 'Disney Annual Pass - DVC' in my MDE. No Gold/Platinum designation.

4. PASS was unable to do anything with the 2011 voucher. After 40 minutes the Escalation Team got involved and another 20 min later they were able to confirm that my Confirmation # was valid. However, they said there was some kind on Encoding problem which was on DVC's end and that I would need to call DVC Member services.

5. FYI: The Confirmation #'s for 2011 was THON#######, 4 letters - 7 numbers. 2012 was THON########, 4 letters - 8 numbers. PASS said they don't know how to handle anything less than a 12 character Confirmation #'s.

6. Called DVC MS. 15 minutes later, they confirmed the same thing - correct # (11 characters) but still some kind of Encoding issue. While I was patiently talking with MS about my options, frustration, future need to get bounced between ticketing/Guest Services, no A/C in the gondolas, etc., etc., she suddenly said "WAIT don't hang up" as her supervision was frantically waving from across the room. Apparently the Supervisor found out what needed to be done (sadly she did share the secret handshake with me), and my 2011 DVC AP voucher was added to my MDE. They also went ahead and linked one of the vouchers AP's to my DW's MDE.

7. While this was going on, I had my MDE open and transferred one of the 2012 DVC AP's to my DW. The AP now showed as 'non-transferable'. No big deal. But when I closed out my MDE and reopened it a couple hours later, all the AP's now show that I can transfer them if desired. Good to know in case DW leaves me after 37 years!

8. I inquired and received confirmation that the DVC-APs are NOT activated and that I still need to go to Guest Services to prove we're DVC and who we are. MS also confirmed that the linked old DVC AP's will be activated as Platinum.

9. So in summary, except for the momentary challenge of linking the 2011 voucher, the process worked exactly as other's had previously noted. I am relieved to have these dinosaur vouchers brought into the current technology and I won't have to waste a couple hours at Guest Services in Oct when we start our AP year.

How many times can you re-assign a ticket before Disney locks you from doing so anymore & you have to call them to re-assign it?

Can you purchase park tickets at your Disney Resort? If so, do they have magic bands available to give you on the spot?

1. Can you purchase park tickets at your Disney Resort?
2. If so, do they have magic bands available to give you on the spot?
1. Yes.
2. If you have a WDW resort reservation, MagicBands will be sent to you (if you are a US resident) in advance of your trip even if you don't have any tickets.
(If you live outside the US, MBs will be provided to you when you check in to the resort.)

So, if you buy tickets at your WDW resort, you can just add those ticket numbers into your MDX account and they will immediately be accessible using your resort MBs.

Tickets do not require the use of MBs to enter a park or use FP+.
But, your WDW resort uses MBs instead of resort keys, so they provide MBs
to all guests with resort stays.

All that said, if you wait until you get to WDW to buy tickets, you cannot book your FP+
at the 60 days before WDW resort check-in date.

Last edited:
1. Yes.
2. If you have a WDW resort reservation, MagicBands will be sent to you (if you are a US resident) in advance of your trip even if you don't have any tickets.
(If you live outside the US, MBs will be provided to you when you check in to the resort.)

So, if you buy tickets at your WDW resort, you can just add those ticket numbers into your MDX account and they will immediately be accessible using your resort MBs.

Thanks for this!

I didn't realize that resort guests automatically receive MBs even if park tickets haven't been purchased. I just checked "MagicBand Order Status" in MDE, and I'm still a little confused (BTW, this is for my parents, who are waiting until the last minute to purchase tickets for a few reasons; my family has our MBs & FP+ ready to go). Under my parents names, it says "Pick up your customized MagicBand order at your Resort Front Desk", which is funny because I never customized their bands (?).

In any case, it sounds like they'll receive MBs at the front desk when they check-in :-)

Anyone bought tickets thru Tickets at Work lately?
These just became available to me yesterday. Also, can they be upgraded like tickets from UT? Thanks!
It appears to be about a 15% discount even with taxes and fees, but I need to recheck my math, as always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter