Not sure how the math was less, so going to figure I did get a discount? Just wondering if anyone with better Math Skills knew.

Here now, 7 day hopper x 2 to upgrade to Platinum AP

660.? Is this with a DVC discount? My Math was 748ish before I left home for vaca

When did you buy your original ticket?
From whom did you buy your original ticket?

Can you show your calculation numbers and your math?
I can't tell if you are talking about the total price for upgrading two tickets or just one ticket.

(Because of the confusion factor, I don't like to talk about "totals for everyone" but the prices involved
for just ONE ticket. THEN, it's easy to multiply that number by the number of tickets, total.)

In what order will my tickets be used on my account? I am considering upgrading my last day ticket (a stand alone one day ticket, not part of MYW) to a park hopper. I want to use it on the last full day of our trip. Will my tickets be used in the order in which I purchased them?

1. In what order will my tickets be used on my account? I am considering upgrading my last day ticket
2. (a stand alone one day ticket, not part of MYW) to a park hopper. I want to use it on the last full day of our trip.
3. Will my tickets be used in the order in which I purchased them?
1. YOU need to have that order set.
2. From where did you recieve that ticket? Some tickets can’t be upgraded.
Also, what is the reason that you want to use that extra one-day ticket?
How many park days do you have on your OTHER ticket for this trip?
It is seldom a good plan to use multiple tickets during the same multi-day trip.
3. Not necessarily.
BEFORE you go to the first park gate, you must go to any guest relations and have the ticket you want to use NEXT set to the highest priority.

Last edited:

Can you show your calculation numbers and your math?
I can't tell if you are talking about the total price for upgrading two tickets or just one ticket.

(Because of the confusion factor, I don't like to talk about "totals for everyone" but the prices involved
for just ONE ticket. THEN, it's easy to multiply that number by the number of tickets, total.)
2 adult tickets. Purchased years ago from uct when they had a sale buy 4 days get 3 free. They were not date based tickets and the kind that didnt expire till you started using them. I upgraded them to Platinum AP’s so i had figured 748ish total but it was less the number I was quoted was for 2 tickets total.

Here now, 7 day hopper x 2 to upgrade to Platinum AP 660.?
Is this with a DVC discount?
My Math was 748ish before I left home for vaca

2 adult tickets. Purchased years ago** from uct when they had a sale buy 4 days get 3 free. They were not date based tickets and the kind that didnt expire till you started using them. I upgraded them to Platinum AP’s so i had figured 748ish total but it was less the number I was quoted was for 2 tickets total.

Here's my math (based on Post #6 of this thread.)
As I said, I compute based on upgrading one ticket.

$ 952.11 Platinum AP
- 467.54 7-Day Hopper (price from 2016** & earlier)
= 484.57 Cost to Upgrade one ticket (no "discounts")

Without seeing your math, I don't know how you arrived at the numbers you figured.

**NOTE: Are your UT tickets NEWER than 2016?
(These kind of details are important in ticket upgrade questions.)

Last edited:

Here's my math (based on Post #6 of this thread.)
As I said, I compute based on upgrading one ticket.

$ 952.11 Platinum AP
- 467.54 7-Day Hopper (price from 2016** & earlier)
= 484.57 Cost to Upgrade one ticket (no "discounts")

Without seeing your math, I don't know how you arrived at the numbers you figured.

**NOTE: Are your UT tickets NEWER than 2016?
(These kind of details are important in ticket upgrade questions.)
I had written down original tix cost when I was home. Its somewhere on my desk! We are still here! We were charged 330 each to upgrade to AP’s and the tickets were bought years ago, again that info is home. I had taken the disney price of 7 day hoppers and subtracted the ap cost and overall figured 748ish to upgrade 2 tix total, and paid 660 total. Was guessing she looked at my DVC screenshot and applied the discount. No worries either way we ended up paying less than i figured! Cheers!

I had written down original tix cost when I was home.

Just to keep things clear, the original cost (what you PAID for the UT tickets) does not figure into the cost of upgrading.

The only number that matters (for upgrade cost computation) is what was the Disney price of the 7-day hoppers back when you bought the UT tickets.

I had taken the disney price of 7 day hoppers and subtracted the ap cost...
That would be the correct procedure if that "Disney price" was the price on the date
in place when the UT tickets were purchased. That's why the specific date you bought from UT
is important.
---------------
This computational procedure for upgrades is so very specific (dates matter) that if not followed precisely, it can result in confusing, mesleading sums.
Couple that with sometimes inadequately trained CMs and far too many times upgrade charges are inaccurate.

Last edited:

Nope.
I don't see why you'd need to change the number of days on your Dec. tickets at all.
Just upgrade whatever tickets that you bought from ParkSavers to AP after you arrive at WDW.

Read Posts #5 & #6 in the thread on which we are now posting for more info.

(It is possible that that upgrade option will "appear" in your MDX account right after you enter the first park on your trip.)

I’m back. :)
  1. If I’m upgrading my December tickets to an annual pass when I arrive at the parks in June, that means no fast passes before then right? I don't have a voucher or anything at this point; just tickets I want to upgrade.
  2. Based on what you wrote in the initial posts, I can’t upgrade to an AP via phone since I bought from a reseller, but is there some other way to book fast passes in advance? Would changing the ticket dates to the June dates be a worthwhile option?
  • Is there a downside side that I'm missing if I switch dates (beyond paying a little more money)? ETA: I bought my tickets 12/8/18 from Park Savers - I'm thinking the tickets were not from the "old stock", but it's tough to track down how much tickets were for my date based tickets before the March '19 increase.
ETA: I ended up just paying $40.13 to modify my December tickets to the June dates. It was a small price to pay to be able to book fast passes in advance instead of upon arrival. It did take 3 CMs (!) to do it since the website was down.​

Last edited:
1. YOU need to have that order set.
2. From where did you recieve that ticket? Some tickets can’t be upgraded.
Also, what is the reason that you want to use that extra one-day ticket?
How many park days do you have on your OTHER ticket for this trip?
It is seldom a good plan to use multiple tickets during the same multi-day trip.
3. Not necessarily.
BEFORE you go to the first park gate, you must go to any guest relations and have the ticket you want to use NEXT set to the highest priority.
I bought all of my tickets directly from Disney’s online site. My two day ticket is part of my MYW package. However, I am staying DVC for the last bit of my trip and bought a one day ticket from Disney to use on this day.
This is probably a dumb question, but can the hotel concierge assign the priority of my tickets versus having to go to quest relations at the parks?

1. I bought all of my tickets directly from Disney’s online site.
2. My two day ticket is part of my MYW package. However,
3. I am staying DVC for the last bit of my trip
4. and bought a one day ticket from Disney to use on this day.
This is probably a dumb question,
5. but can the hotel concierge assign the priority of my tickets versus having to go to quest relations at the parks?
1. OK. Good.
2. OK.
3. That's fine, but...
4. That would not necessitate buying a separate stand-alone ticket.
You could have just upgraded your 2-day ticket to a 3-day ticket.
At this level (3 days worth of tickets) the difference is not "catastrophic,"
but you did over-pay for your tickets by a bit.

---------------------------------
Start-date June 15, 2019.
(I just picked a random start-date in the near future.)
$448.76 3-day Hopper
$374.21 3-day Base

$333.88 2-day Hopper
$259.33 2-day Base

$197.03 1-day Hopper
$133.13 1-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$133.13 1-day Base
=392.46

vs
$374.21 3-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$197.03 1-day Hopper
=456.36

vs
$448.76 3-day Hopper

5. Some have reported using the resort concierge to "prioritize" their tickets.
I'm not sure that all of them are versed in doing so, but you can always ask.
Regardless of where you have the tickets prioritized, always check in your MDX to se which ticket was actually used at the park gate after you have entered.

Hi there, I promise I did my best search to find this answer before posting. I have a split stay coming up in November, staying offsite first at my husband's conference hotel, then moving over to YC. I called and was told that I couldn't use days until I came on property, thereby needing two sets of tickets. It's cheaper to have a 6 day ticket than a two day and a four day. This seems ridiculous to me, and I'm wondering if I got bad info?? Thanks in advance!!

Hi there, I promise I did my best search to find this answer before posting. I have a split stay coming up in November, staying offsite first at my husband's conference hotel, then moving over to YC. I called and was told that I couldn't use days until I came on property, thereby needing two sets of tickets. It's cheaper to have a 6 day ticket than a two day and a four day. This seems ridiculous to me, and I'm wondering if I got bad info?? Thanks in advance!!
Just don't buy your tickets as part of your resort stay. (If you did do that, call and cancel your "package" tickets.)
Instead, just book the resort as "room-only" and buy whatever tickets you'd like.
You could even buy the tickets from an authorized WDW ticket reseller/discounter (like UndercoverTourist.com or Parksavers.com or MapleLeafTickets.com, etc.) and save even more money.

Just don't buy your tickets as part of your resort stay. (If you did do that, call and cancel your "package" tickets.)
Instead, just book the resort as "room-only" and buy whatever tickets you'd like.
You could even buy the tickets from an authorized WDW ticket reseller/discounter (like UndercoverTourist.com or Parksavers.com or MapleLeafTickets.com, etc.) and save even more money.

Lol, I never even considered this as an option... thank you! Once I do this, can I link them to my MDE and still get FP's 60 days out??

I have what might be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. I bought a convention ticket last minute, to use when I'm there in about 9 days. I was able to link my confirmation number to MDE so I was able to use it to get fp+ reservations. I have a magicband, so my question is, do I need to stop by guest relations to pick up the actual ticket? That's what the email says I need to do, but if I have access to it through my magicband is that necessary?

I have what might be a dumb question, but I just want to make sure. I bought a convention ticket last minute, to use when I'm there in about 9 days.
I was able to link my confirmation number to MDE so I was able to use it to get fp+ reservations. I have a magicband, so my question is,
1. do I need to stop by guest relations to pick up the actual ticket? That's what the email says I need to do, but
2. if I have access to it through my magicband is that necessary?
1. Nope.
2. Nope.
Have fun!

What is the current advice for either adding a day prior to the ticket start day (booked with a free dining package) or activating one of the water park visits a day early? We were able to book an earlier than expected flight, and add an on-site room only night, so I have an extra half day to plan. Debating if it is feasible to use tickets or if we just find something outside of parks to do.

1. OK. Good.
2. OK.
3. That's fine, but...

$448.76 3-day Hopper
$374.21 3-day Base

$333.88 2-day Hopper
$259.33 2-day Base

$197.03 1-day Hopper
$133.13 1-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$133.13 1-day Base
=392.46

vs
$374.21 3-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$197.03 1-day Hopper
=456.36

vs
$448.76 3-day Hopper

Regardless of where you have the tickets prioritized, always check in your MDX to se which ticket was actually used at the park gate after you have entered.
I definitely overpaid
1. OK. Good.
2. OK.
3. That's fine, but...

$448.76 3-day Hopper
$374.21 3-day Base

$333.88 2-day Hopper
$259.33 2-day Base

$197.03 1-day Hopper
$133.13 1-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$133.13 1-day Base
=392.46

vs
$374.21 3-day Base

$259.33 2-day Base
$197.03 1-day Hopper
=456.36

vs
$448.76 3-day Hopper

There is no doubt I overpaid. Too late for that now, but I will know for next time. Thank you for all of the info!

What is the current advice for either adding a day prior to the ticket start day (booked with a free dining package) or activating one of the water park visits a day early? We were able to book an earlier than expected flight, and add an on-site room only night, so I have an extra half day to plan. Debating if it is feasible to use tickets or if we just find something outside of parks to do.

I don’t believe tickets purchased as part of s package can be activated early without paying for the “flexible” feature. How much that costs depends on your dates.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter