All apps, or a MapMyRun issue?

krr126

Mouseketeer
Evening all,

I ran my June Virtual Shorts race tonight. It went well, but I noticed it seemed to take forever to get to 1.0 mile mark and then my time was 4-5 minutes longer than my last 5K. Once my run was done and I had caught my breath, I was looking at the route on MapMyRun and noticed that it didn't start tracking my distance at all until over 1/2 mile into it! :headache: So I actually ran 3.71 miles in 41:45.

So annoying and now I'm feeling like I need to re-do my 5K to get an accurate record. (But I have the July and August 5K's for that!) My question is, is this a common issue with MapMyRun on a phone? With apps in general? I'm happy to switch to a different one if I don't have to stress this happening next time.

Thanks in advance!!

Evening all,

I ran my June Virtual Shorts race tonight. It went well, but I noticed it seemed to take forever to get to 1.0 mile mark and then my time was 4-5 minutes longer than my last 5K. Once my run was done and I had caught my breath, I was looking at the route on MapMyRun and noticed that it didn't start tracking my distance at all until over 1/2 mile into it! :headache: So I actually ran 3.71 miles in 41:45.

So annoying and now I'm feeling like I need to re-do my 5K to get an accurate record. (But I have the July and August 5K's for that!) My question is, is this a common issue with MapMyRun on a phone? With apps in general? I'm happy to switch to a different one if I don't have to stress this happening next time.

Thanks in advance!!
Was this your first time using it? Once in a blue moon I will have something like that happen with one of my running apps on my iPhone - I think maybe because it loses gps signal or some random bug- but it's not a frequent problem. I also run with two apps open- because I'm a nerd and they have different features - so I end up with a back up record, since when this happens to me it usually is just one one of the two apps bugging out.

Was this your first time using it? Once in a blue moon I will have something like that happen with one of my running apps on my iPhone - I think maybe because it loses gps signal or some random bug- but it's not a frequent problem. I also run with two apps open- because I'm a nerd and they have different features - so I end up with a back up record, since when this happens to me it usually is just one one of the two apps bugging out.

Good morning Sidrich, thanks for your response! I've been using MapMyRun for a couple months now and only had an issue one other time, when it tracked my time but not the route, at all. LOL But that was a couple weeks ago and it wasn't a 5K where the time and distance mattered! Maybe I should re-start my phone before an important run to improve my chances. What is the other app that you use, maybe I will double up for the July virtual run too!

When I used to use Mapmyrun (I use a garmin now) I had that happen a couple times. I started it, but then never heard the split, so checked it and it wasn't tracking at all but started to once I opened the app up, so it was only saying like .1 even though I had gone a mile. So, I just got into the habit of making sure it actually was working when I started. Not sure why it did it. I have also used runkeeper and nike's app too and don't remember those ever messing up like that.

There has been a few times in the 6+ years I have been using Runkeeper where it has not tracked my run correctly. Sort of like what cavepig was saying, I would start the app and not get accurate splits. I blamed it on a weak connection with the GPS satellites.

I've had issues with my Garmin not hooking up to satellites correctly And having weird results.

I've had issues with my Garmin not hooking up to satellites correctly And having weird results.

That's because the satellites orbit backwards down there and Garmin hasn't compensated for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter