All in the Family/The Jeffersons LIVE on ABC tonight

avengerspoilerer

Mouseketeer
Starts at 8pm tonight. Supposedly they took two of Norman Lear’s scripts are are presenting them as is.

I wonder how today’s audiences will take it.

Woody Harrelson is Archie
Marisa Tomei is Edith

Jamie Foxx is George
Wanda Sykes is WeezY

I'm excited, but of course will be comparing tonight's shows to the originals. Caroll O'Connor was Archie Bunker! And while I can see Wanda Sykes as Louise Jefferson, I'm just not seeing Jamie Foxx as George. Two more minutes...

Heard about this just tonight, and have tuned in. So far, I love Marisa Tomei!

I wonder how today’s audiences will take it.

Well, they did do an introduction, but I agree people clicking in partway through may wonder what's going on.

Last edited:

Cougar Town
Damages
Diff'rent Strokes...
Just to name a few. Not odd at all. See how involved Jimmy Kimmel from ABC is?

Well, may just odd to us who work in TV. Win win for my station I guess. We're ABC now. We were CBS when All In the Family and The Jeffersons were on the air.

I miss it but watching the after show.

I recall when the Joey doll came out back in the day it was so controversial because it was anatomically correct, lol.

I enjoyed both. I remember watching reruns of All in the Family 20+ years ago with my parents and thinking how inappropriate some of the lines were. Still inappropriate, but at the same time timely.

The line mess ups were great, it happens :)

Definitely enjoyed watching the comedies over live musicals.

I miss it but watching the after show.

I recall when the Joey doll came out back in the day it was so controversial because it was anatomically correct, lol.
Heck, I recall it was a big deal that they flushed a toilet on TV!
Better than I expected. I don't recall either of those episodes.
I sort of remember the Jeffersons. AitF, not so much - and I think a lot of that was the actors playing "Mike" and "Gloria". And that Woody Harrelson couldn't keep up the Noo Yawk accent.

I thought it was dreadful especially when they showed the original cast doing the same scene. The originals were far superior and actually funny. If I had to choose I’d say The Jeffersons episode was the better of the two.

I liked the interview portion after. It amazes me though, how similar some of the characters are to various positions today. You'd think we'd have solved the problems of the 70s and moved on to new arguments.

...when they showed the original cast doing the same scene. The originals were far superior and actually funny.

I do think the originals had better timing, etc. - but I attribute it to "living with" their characters longer. It's hard enough to play a character from scratch, it's even harder in a way to copy how another actor played the character.

I liked the interview portion after. It amazes me though, how similar some of the characters are to various positions today. You'd think we'd have solved the problems of the 70s and moved on to new arguments..

There are portions of the country who don't think Archie is a buffoon. The entire point of the show was missed on some people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter