All in the Family/The Jeffersons LIVE on ABC tonight

I liked the interview portion after. It amazes me though, how similar some of the characters are to various positions today. You'd think we'd have solved the problems of the 70s and moved on to new arguments.

This is what I was thinking as the family sat around the table discussing Nixon (king), as well as assumptions made about black people. I just shook my head. At one point I turned to my husband and commented that sadly not much has changed today.

I missed it, but would ecpect All in the Family, wouldnt fly today, even though we laughed at Archie prejudiced ways, I dont think even showing them would be allowed in the political correct environment we live in

I'm not aware if any Classic TV channel is showing AinF reruns today. I suspect not.

Woody’s mannerisms were way too feminine for Archie.

Was the guy who brought the cake supposed to be other neighbor Frank Lorenzo? The original character was never THAT over the top.

I'm not aware if any Classic TV channel is showing AinF reruns today. I suspect not.

sundance shows it in blocks of multiple episodes late at night/early morning (it's on right now). they have a variety of older shows that they run this way on different days of the week-mash, andy griffith show, barney miller, mary tyler moore, bob newhart show.

I've seen AITF reruns here all the time. DejaVU maybe is the channel. Not sure. Watch a few years ago but not lately.

sundance shows it in blocks of multiple episodes late at night/early morning (it's on right now). they have a variety of older shows that they run this way on different days of the week-mash, andy griffith show, barney miller, mary tyler moore, bob newhart show.

Thanks. I don't recognize those channels. Maybe I'll check to see if I receive them.

I see it’s on getTV Mon-Fri from 7-10 pm but I don’t think we get that channel here in Atlantic County.

Reading this thread everytime I see the AITF abbreviation my mind goes straight to ATHF (Aqua Teen Hunger Force) and I think how much better it would have beeen to see Jamie Foxx as Frylock and Woody Harrelson as Master Shake. Meatwad casting TBD.

Well, may just odd to us who work in TV. Win win for my station I guess. We're ABC now. We were CBS when All In the Family and The Jeffersons were on the air.

If you have any clout, TV Guy, tell our DISH satellite to bring back our ABC station or our ABC station to accept DISH's requests.....whichever it is. Haven't watch a single ABC program since DISH took our local ABC channel off "their" air back in February. :(

If you have any clout, TV Guy, tell our DISH satellite to bring back our ABC station or our ABC station to accept DISH's requests.....whichever it is. Haven't watch a single ABC program since DISH took our local ABC channel off "their" air back in February. :(
I have ZERO pull there.

You need to contact the owners of the station and/or Dish network itself. They're the only ones to "have pull". And in case you didn't know, just because a station is an ABC affiliate doesn't mean they are owned by ABC.

I won't even get started on the the whole socio-issue thing. Ugghhhh.
I will say that I was not impressed, at all. Didn't really laugh out loud.
I guess I don't find constant arguing and a negative victim-mentality to be entertaining.
Now, Marissa Tomei.... she wins the awards, playing Edith!!!!! OMG!!!!!
She was SO good!
Other than that... meh.

Starts at 8pm tonight. Supposedly they took two of Norman Lear’s scripts are are presenting them as is.

I wonder how today’s audiences will take it.

Woody Harrelson is Archie
Marisa Tomei is Edith

Jamie Foxx is George
Wanda Sykes is WeezY

It was as predicted terrible. Just more desperation from the loser Kimmel.

I thoughts the Jefferson Family played out better and I absolutely loved JAMIE Foxx. He had it going!!!! It was a special thing for us of a certain age. I remember just how huge All in the Family was. And The Jeffersons spinoff was brilliant!! One of my FAV sitcoms of all time.

I will tell you as a Dish customer and a TV insider, both sides are working hard to wean people off receiving their local channels on the Dish (or Cable) and back to the old fashioned way, with an over the air antenna.
Last issue we had in my city, Dish emailed me and offered to put an outdoor antenna in for $150, so I could drop locals and save $10 a month, and after 15 months saved enough to pay for the antenna. The antenna would be fully integrated with my DVR and program guide.
And location stations are spending a lot of money boosting their digital signal through transmission power boosts, and translators that get their signal into areas that have been dead spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!