CABANA BAY BEACH RESORT Thread..........

How was the walk from the tower to the lobby?

It wasn't too bad, maybe a couple minutes. Just have to walk past the pool and then you'll have doors that lead to the Bayliner Diner and the lobby is right down the hall from that. I'm not the best judge, though. I like walking and walked to the parks both days I was there and then back to the hotel one day.

Can I cancel my current reservation and take adavantage of any APH rates that might come up for Single rooms in August?[/QUOTE said:
Hi,
Newbie, here :hyper: We are also visiting Universal in August. What is this APH rate? And when will they possibly be coming up? Thanks.

BEFE82CB-FAA6-41AD-99F5-C1E788050BB8_zpswvgaozjg.jpg
66F9B3B0-38E6-418B-9AE7-1D99C61C01C3_zpsvr4tzrad.jpg

1FD09EED-C385-43BE-B8FD-710B2A7B9825_zps7nuxfghx.jpg
409DC6E0-1720-4058-B371-B53E20F2DC5C_zpsn37r5h1b.jpg

D38AF34B-F0DF-4786-96D6-8227BD91D2DA_zpsiuha5gpz.jpg

223FA8CE-15A8-4582-AB13-CEBAD5C11648_zps2st1nahb.jpg

1511D440-A1AE-45E7-A643-5DCE9F9DA973_zpspt06kkls.jpg

07829BD2-BC03-4E27-AADE-2E9AB4DEB85F_zps03esnaxz.jpg

9C192511-973A-4A0B-BE25-1A257CBE2FDD_zpsmam59l7g.jpg

185EE583-A6A7-4F64-B5A7-3215567177A0_zpstnti8w1n.jpg

6B832880-8E8D-4CAB-A0E5-7870BCC5EB6C_zpsytasn4k0.jpg

Some pictures of the 2 bedroom suite I found on Facebook. Not the best but it's a start.

Last edited:

Hi :love1:! I am so glad I have a helpful place to come with any kind of dilemma.:dogdance: Here I go looking for awesome feedback. My family and I really enjoyed CBBR and think it is a great resort and everybody agreed on going back. I have a poolside tower family suite booked in July. There is DH, two teens (15) and myself. We stayed here two years ago in a standard room and thought it was a little tight but very nice. This year the kids and us thought it would be good to have a little more room to spread out, hence the suite. However, here is the dilemma I have very bad neck issues when I sleep especially in a more worn mattress. I am concerned that being over 3 years old that these beds are worn a bit. I do know I can get a new standard room in the tower for the same time. I am so torn I really want the suite but the new beds could be better. Has anybody stayed recently and noticed any problems with the beds worn for comfort level?:thanks:

@pcstang .. THANK YOU for the awesome pics. The suites look great. And WOW are they close to the waterpark. I knew they would be, but seeing it right there out the window really gives it new perspective doesn't it?!

@bobbie68 .. I am staying in a Courtyard family suite one week from tomorrow. I would be happy to report back to you on exactly how I find the beds to be. We stayed in October in a suite as well, and I had no issue with the beds then.
Another thought is that you could check out the bed as soon as you check in and go back down and ask for something newer/more updated if it's too worn. It's a medical issue, and they want to please their guests so I think they would help.

I'm likely to forget this promise while I am at Universal and having fun.. so please send me a pm any time after next Wednesday and I will happily update you on our bed situation. :)

Pigletto- Thank you so much that would be great:-). I totally understand and will be happy to PM you afterwards:thanks:.

I agree about the pics. At first I couldn't believe that was VB that close to the window8-). You don't get much closer than that:)

@pcstang .. THANK YOU for the awesome pics. The suites look great. And WOW are they close to the waterpark. I knew they would be, but seeing it right there out the window really gives it new perspective doesn't it?!

@bobbie68 .. I am staying in a Courtyard family suite one week from tomorrow. I would be happy to report back to you on exactly how I find the beds to be. We stayed in October in a suite as well, and I had no issue with the beds then.
Another thought is that you could check out the bed as soon as you check in and go back down and ask for something newer/more updated if it's too worn. It's a medical issue, and they want to please their guests so I think they would help.

I'm likely to forget this promise while I am at Universal and having fun.. so please send me a pm any time after next Wednesday and I will happily update you on our bed situation. :)
I have some great pics of the outside from a few weeks ago. You can really see how close the two new towers are to VB. Unfortunately I broke my phone and I haven't been able to get the pictures off of it...yet. Maybe we will see you @pigletto. We will be at RPR 19-22 of may.

Hi :love1:! I am so glad I have a helpful place to come with any kind of dilemma.:dogdance: Here I go looking for awesome feedback. My family and I really enjoyed CBBR and think it is a great resort and everybody agreed on going back. I have a poolside tower family suite booked in July. There is DH, two teens (15) and myself. We stayed here two years ago in a standard room and thought it was a little tight but very nice. This year the kids and us thought it would be good to have a little more room to spread out, hence the suite. However, here is the dilemma I have very bad neck issues when I sleep especially in a more worn mattress. I am concerned that being over 3 years old that these beds are worn a bit. I do know I can get a new standard room in the tower for the same time. I am so torn I really want the suite but the new beds could be better. Has anybody stayed recently and noticed any problems with the beds worn for comfort level?:thanks:

Hello. We just got back from Cabana Bay, and were actually upgraded to a Tower Family Suite. :thumbsup2 The beds were surprisingly softer than I had expected them to be but not too soft. It almost felt like they have that foam that I have in my own bed at home. It didn't feel worn at all to me. My only issue was sleeping with those pillows, made it hard for me to sleep in a position where I wasn't struggling to breathe at night. Round curvy pillows aren't my thing. Perhaps bringing your own for your neck might help with that.

Hello:)! Great :thanks: for the feed back. I think I will take a small pillow that I can put in my suit case just in case. I am feeling better about staying with the tower family suite.:-)

Read through most of the thread so I hope my questions aren't repeats - if so please point me to the right place :) We are AP holders who have stayed at hard rock and royal pacific a few times and considering a stay here at cabana bay for a long weekend and since we go to the parks often we want to relax and hotel isn't a priority.

I am looking at the suites and wondering if they are inside or outside corridors - I can't tell from the picts and video I have found. Our preference would be ground floor with an outside door, if this exists what would I book/request?

Read through most of the thread so I hope my questions aren't repeats - if so please point me to the right place :) We are AP holders who have stayed at hard rock and royal pacific a few times and considering a stay here at cabana bay for a long weekend and since we go to the parks often we want to relax and hotel isn't a priority.

I am looking at the suites and wondering if they are inside or outside corridors - I can't tell from the picts and video I have found. Our preference would be ground floor with an outside door, if this exists what would I book/request?

Hi you want the family suite courtyard room type. The tower is inside hallways. ENJOY!

Hi:) Also you can choose a "pool view" courtyard or "standard view" (parking lot) courtyard. I am doing a family suite tower "pool view" in July. The courtyard section is very nice too.:thumbsup2

So I currently have Cabana Bay booked for May 24-27, but I'm now able to stay in Orlando an additional day. I'd like to modify my reservation, and check out on the 26th instead, so I can spend the last two nights at another hotel (not Universal). When I go to modify my reservation, it says that I have to pay a deposit again. If I did this, would they actually apply that deposit to full cost? (Because if so that would end up fully paying for my second night.) If anyone is familiar w this please, let me know.

If this is the wrong place to ask this, please let me know, and I will create a new thread. Thank you so much.

Only a few more days!! We leave for our trip on Tuesday and our first night at Cabana Bay is Wednesday. I hear it's blazing hot, so I anticipate spending time at the pools every day. I think this time we will take advantage of pool hopping and try a few of them.
There's really no point to my post other than to say I am so excited I can barely stand it :cool1:.

Only a few more days!! We leave for our trip on Tuesday and our first night at Cabana Bay is Wednesday. I hear it's blazing hot, so I anticipate spending time at the pools every day. I think this time we will take advantage of pool hopping and try a few of them.
There's really no point to my post other than to say I am so excited I can barely stand it :cool1:.

Have a great trip! I understand I am counting down til we are there in about 81 days:banana:

Hey all! There is a new video up on YouTube showing the new 2 bedroom suites facing volcano Bay!

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that I was at Cabana Bay over this past weekend and had a great time there! Arrived around 11:30am and the room was ready! I really wish I could have been there longer. Ended up in one of the new towers, Beachside. The room was very nice and spacious! I was in 8615 and it overlooked Volcano Bay. I was okay with not having the EP this trip since the waits were pretty low on Friday, got a lot done in just 5 hours. Would totally stay here again!
do you have pics of your room? Was it an upgrade or a standard room that just happened to be in the right place?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter